PDA

View Full Version : Important news from the MG Car Club

skyblueads
20-03-16, 08:19 AM
I know that I've been very kindly given my own sub-forum to share news from the Club but I'm really proud to offer this so wanted to share it here:

MG Car Club looks to the next generation
http://www.mgcc.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/IMG_1273.jpg

Following successful research and the launch of the MG Car Club’s Young Members Group, the Club is pleased to announce a new revised membership rate for under-25s.

The future of car clubs lies in the hands of the next generation, something that cannot be overlooked when discussing membership.

For the past five months the MG Car Club has researching what younger members want, and working actively to put together a plan to encourage more participation. Therefore the Club is happy to announce a new membership structure for under-25s. The old price saw under-25’s pay £43 per year; however the new rates are split into two groups.

15-20 year olds will now enjoy all of the benefits of joining the MG Car Club for just £15, with 20-24 year olds priced at £30. This includes the Club’s award-winning monthly magazine Safety Fast!, technical knowledge, events such as MGLive!, and discounts for parts and insurance as well as the unique events and offers tailored to younger members.

Club Chairman Ian Quarrington said: “The MG Car Club understands the importance of looking at the future, and this is one step towards preserving the future of our Club.”

From classics like MGBs, and MG Midgets, to newer models such as the Zed range, and MGFs, that can be bought for as little as £500 – the MG Car Club caters for all types of MG drivers. This is just the beginning of the MG Car Club Young Members Group (under-30), which was put together to attract young MG fans at the beginning of February. With the Club’s youngest Register Chairman aged 23, it’s clear that Young Members can get involved in all areas of the Club.

General Manager Adam Sloman said: “Young people don’t have much money in their pockets, and the cost of running a car is going up all the time. This is great way of helping them become part of the MG Car Club.”

The new membership prices are available now by contacting the Club office on 01235 555552, with online payment coming soon.

For more information on what Club membership involves, CLICK HERE to be redirected to our new Young Members page.

talkingcars
20-03-16, 08:55 AM
Nice one, 2 of my youngsters are into MG.

ian zs180
20-03-16, 09:10 AM
Thinks its about time they welcome the zeds there is still a few though that don't see our zeds as proper mg,s which is a shame because at the end of the day the day that's what they are says it on the logbook so yeah its a proper mg .

skyblueads
20-03-16, 09:26 AM
The attitude of the Club is that the Zeds are 100%, real 'proper' MGs.

I'm the General Manager of the Club, I drive a ZS, Andy Knott, editor of Safety Fast! drives a ZS and our PR officer drives a ZS, so that's three at Kimber House! The Zed Register is in need of people to help run it, if anyone wants to get involved, let me know!

Theres a lot of enthusiasm for the Zeds in the Club these days..

Mark S
20-03-16, 03:40 PM
also worth mentioning the half price race entry fee's the young 'uns get...

stamford
20-03-16, 04:17 PM
A step in the right direction. MG ownership has always been seen as an old mans club, flat cap and pipe etc. I guess many youngsters don't see themselves as part of this group as all they see are the old photos, tin wall hangings etc as the history. A difficult mould to break and one that needs refreshing as you rightly have said the future of MG is todays folk, the baton needs to be handed over and the interest taken forward. Harder still with the demise of MG Rover and even harder with people trying to take the latest incarnation seriously. Good to hear many within Kimber House driving the later MGs.
I'm all for getting more involved and I did try to attend at MGLive last year but the crap weather put paid to me staying until late when the AGM was due to start. If there is a meeting due I wouldn't mind making the time and seeing if there was anything I could be interested in?

daytona365
20-03-16, 06:56 PM
How do we prove that we are under 12, to get the cheap rates? lol

Dan1971
20-03-16, 08:34 PM
Owners of yellow ones should get a discount too .... let's face it they need some help and every little matters .....

;)

peterzs
20-03-16, 09:09 PM
Us Yellow ones are Special Dan!!!

Good to know someone is thinking about the younger members, they are the ones going forward and without them the clubs will slowly die out

Thanks for keeping us up to date Skyblueads.

:beer::beer::beer: