PDA

View Full Version : supercharged car for sale

Bakermgzs
13-05-16, 07:26 AM
Hi everyone, the time has come I want a s4 iv nearly saved so time has come to sell obviously I want most I can get for it,I rebuilt the engine and has run sound since just come back from Cornwall this weekend 750miles and I spent £800 on the charger just before xmas renewing all bearing and rotters there's so much iv done so I'll put it on later this evening,im not good at all the internet stuff so if people could pass this around us all be stars thankyou

ZS
13-05-16, 08:22 AM
Need pictures and full spec Mr Baker :)

Deckz
13-05-16, 09:23 AM
Pics and spec ASAP please

Rockey5uk2001
13-05-16, 09:30 AM
message sent!

ZS
13-05-16, 09:36 AM
Is that three potential buyers? lol Looks like you will sell very quick!

Rockey5uk2001
13-05-16, 09:50 AM
Is that three potential buyers? lol Looks like you will sell very quick!

depends on the price for me :trampoline:

peterzs
13-05-16, 10:33 AM
Good Luck.

:):):)

ZS
13-05-16, 10:54 AM
depends on the price for me :trampoline:

Aye well I think that will be the same for most people ;)

john180
13-05-16, 11:16 AM
Now what do I do here then....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZS
13-05-16, 11:24 AM
Now what do I do here then....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy the supercharger and give me the Xpower ZS? :p

john180
13-05-16, 01:33 PM
Buy the supercharger and give me the Xpower ZS? :p

Haha! How about you buy me the super charger and give me it? ;)

sneekyparrot
13-05-16, 03:01 PM
Its a nice car, mk2 Red.

Gary Anderson installed the charger with decompression plates. Dean had the engine and gearbox off me for the rebuild.

Paul

Rockey5uk2001
13-05-16, 03:21 PM
It would appear to have 10× the interest on facebook

stamford
13-05-16, 06:26 PM
I doubt if it'll sell on here unless subs are paid ;)

ZS
13-05-16, 06:46 PM

This is true, why did I miss that?

Mark S
13-05-16, 10:44 PM

answer seems obvious

sneekyparrot
14-05-16, 07:48 AM

which group is it for sale on?

i.ve left q few due to it being full of utter dickheads :no:

must admit i am surprised considering the amount of work and effort it took to get it all back together u would sell a unique car for something as bland as an s4. I've had a few audis and the only one i would have is the rs4.

mind you i think there will be someone who may pay more than i was able to get for mine.

P.

ZS Phil
14-05-16, 09:56 AM
These sound like nothing but an absolute headache and trouble but for some reason I really want it.
How thick were the decompression plates to cause a timing belt to break!?!?!? Saw on facebook this was the reason for the rebuild.
What is the compression ratio now? I assume still standard internals?

More importantly though, how much is it?

ZS Phil
14-05-16, 09:58 AM
i.ve left q few due to it being full of utter dickheads :no:

There are quite a few but not all, just have to filter through the crap.

More personal preference I guess. I think the "appreciation group" is the best one of the lot maybe after the Longbridge page.

There just never seems to be anything meaningful on the others. "My car did a thing today" (odo turned to 78,000 miles) and "law upheld" (a filthy ZS parked next to a cityrover in an Asda car park somewhere) posts don't really interest me but I'm not saying it makes you a bad person if they do interest other people.

I think it's probably the lack of facility to have a build thread on facebook so people doing the interesting, novel stuff tend to post on forums. Hence my preference for them. Not an absolute rule but I think a fair observation.

Also, every time somebody fits £150 civic EG coilovers to their v6 ZS, lowers it to the ground and then tells everybody how well it handles I die a little bit inside. That said, I've done it my self, that's how I learnt but still... when will people learn!

All that said, I'd still rather look at that than #selfie #no-filter (yeh right) #lips #kisses which would be the case if my news feed wasn't littered with the above instead.

Hang on, why do I have facebook at all? Now who's the knob!? :clap:

Just to clarify, no beef with anyone who does the above, just prefer it on here is all :) No offence to anybody intended.

peterzs
14-05-16, 10:05 AM
Well said, ZS Phil

:group::group::group: :):):)

Rockey5uk2001
14-05-16, 10:11 AM
It appears to have been deleted but it's the zs owners club. Some.matt guy breaks everything though tehehe

Lukeus101
14-05-16, 10:19 AM
On the Appreciation page that I admin we never seem to have many issues/arguments etc...odd really

Rockey5uk2001
14-05-16, 10:58 AM
On the Appreciation page that I admin we never seem to have many issues/arguments etc...odd really

ZS Phil
14-05-16, 11:14 AM

previous post edited :)

petet16
14-05-16, 12:54 PM
The fact that they are using decompression plates suggests it's running higher boost than Sprintex had in mind, it is also running the Perfect Power ecu to drive the 7th injector, this for me is a major turn off.
They claim to have been offered 4k+ just for the charger, which is interesting as they were only 4.5k when I looked at importing one direct from Sprintex 10 or 11 years ago.
If it is true about the price they've been offered for the charger I'd take the money, and flog the car as a nasp

redzed
19-05-16, 09:35 AM
What happened to this?

sneekyparrot
19-05-16, 07:05 PM

odd, i am on that page but not seen it at all????

if its still on there send us a link pls.

P.

sneekyparrot
19-05-16, 07:10 PM
What happened to this?

Not a clue :-)

however on a side note i got hold of the guy who bought mine and drove it from MGlive back home Netherlands way.

Tis still running, no blown engines etc just a duff exhaust valve that was causing a misfire. Kinda backs up what i always said if you set the engine up properly then they work.
Hinted at buying it back or the spare charger, not a chance was the reply as the car still makes him smile :trampoline:

P.

Bakermgzs
10-06-16, 07:23 AM
Right lost my license due to car being so much fun really dont want watch car rot ill take £3,500ono its well worth it im serious about this and want car gone in next couple day so first come first served,thankyou

sneekyparrot
11-06-16, 06:51 AM
Will spread the word dean [emoji106]

ZS
11-06-16, 08:21 AM
I know its probably worth the money, but for me it would have to be considerably cheaper to buy something that is probavly going to go bang a few weeks later (going on other superchargers in the past, I don't know yours at all)

I would like to have a go at the supercharger thing on a zs... but for the risk its not worth the strong money you are asking IMO

Good luck with sale though and I hope someone buys it for your sake :)

Also, still No subs so, technically you sgouldnt be selling on here...

Bakermgzs
11-06-16, 10:11 AM
Will spread the word dean [emoji106]

Thankyou just want it gone now

peterzs
11-06-16, 11:29 AM
Maybe a hint at what you would want to see it gone.

Some of the guys might be interested at the right price and would hate to hear you let it go for whatever, if that was within their price range.

Bakermgzs
11-06-16, 02:49 PM
Well the serious mg lovers will lose out because ill just sell to anyone to get rid I think 3 grand is very reasonable price since charger cost 2,500 and ther getting car to,i dont care what people think about the charger im tell you all this is good price and I drove car hard for year and not one brake. I dont no what else to say

peterzs
11-06-16, 07:22 PM
Fair enough, least member have an idea now.

Good luck with the sale, is nearly a one off, so difficult to put a price on it.

sneekyparrot
12-06-16, 01:15 PM
I know its probably worth the money, but for me it would have to be considerably cheaper to buy something that is probavly going to go bang a few weeks later (going on other superchargers in the past, I don't know yours at all)

I would like to have a go at the supercharger thing on a zs... but for the risk its not worth the strong money you are asking IMO

Good luck with sale though and I hope someone buys it for your sake :)

Also, still No subs so, technically you sgouldnt be selling on here...

Sorry have to disagree, if its setup correctly then there is no reason why it will fail any quicker than the long list of failed nasp kv6's ive seen.

my old mk1 is still going strong, another not far from me with 255hp is also going without any issues after 6yrs. So long as you dont go searching high HP then I would not hesitate at owning another.

They really are chalk and cheese compared to a nasp kV6.

P.

ZS
12-06-16, 09:39 PM
Sorry have to disagree, if its setup correctly then there is no reason why it will fail any quicker than the long list of failed nasp kv6's ive seen.

my old mk1 is still going strong, another not far from me with 255hp is also going without any issues after 6yrs. So long as you dont go searching high HP then I would not hesitate at owning another.

They really are chalk and cheese compared to a nasp kV6.

P.

I can only go with the information I've had in the past, and not knowing if this one is set up any differently etc... However point taken :group:

mattyprice4004
25-06-16, 03:06 PM
Nath's SC ZS still seems to be going well some time after the engine rebuild - we supplied quite a lot of the parts, so I'm sure I'd hear about it if it went bang. :D

Saying that, it did cost him a fortune to have the SC rebuilt...

Deckz
25-06-16, 04:49 PM
Still forsale? This a hatch isn't it?

sneekyparrot
25-06-16, 06:41 PM
Believe it's now sold.

Lukeus101
26-06-16, 07:50 AM
Sold to a chap called Andrew Blower I think