PDA

View Full Version : Rear Silencer

Mart_in_MCR
31-05-16, 09:58 AM
Good morning,

Noticed a blowing noise from the exhaust on Friday and unfortunately my back box has corroded leading to a whole forming.

I can obviously go down the route of sourcing an OEM rear silencer which will be the cheapest option however I also think it might be worth considering investing in a SS option. On my ZR I had the Xpower/Janspeed catback system and was really happy with it. From doing some reading it seems people on here either go for the Janspeed or Piper system? Are there any other option worth considering?

Cheers

Martyn

R8NMG
31-05-16, 10:04 AM
Good morning,

Noticed a blowing noise from the exhaust on Friday and unfortunately my back box has corroded leading to a whole forming.

I can obviously go down the route of sourcing an OEM rear silencer which will be the cheapest option however I also think it might be worth considering investing in a SS option. On my ZR I had the Xpower/Janspeed catback system and was really happy with it. From doing some reading it seems people on here either go for the Janspeed or Piper system? Are there any other option worth considering?

Cheers

Martyn

How about custom exhausts like Powerflow?

I had a Janspeed catback on mine and it was very good.

Rockey5uk2001
31-05-16, 10:13 AM
I appear to have a random universal backbox welded onto mine....

Looking to change that in the near future, I'll probarly go Janspeed to be perfectly honest.

Alan.F
01-06-16, 09:23 AM
I have a standard 180 back box in my shed you can have it for nowt if you come to Bolton for it

ZS
01-06-16, 09:25 AM
I have an unbranded stainless steel backbox for a MK2 Saloon in my shed... If you collect it you can have it :)

But, Alan looks like he is closer and can sort your issue out quickly for you

<edit> That backbox in my shed is now spoken for, sorry! </edit>

Mart_in_MCR
02-06-16, 06:16 PM
How about custom exhausts like Powerflow?

I had a Janspeed catback on mine and it was very good.

I hadn't really thought of a custom option, how do prices compare to off the shelf? I imagine more expensive?

I appear to have a random universal backbox welded onto mine....

Looking to change that in the near future, I'll probarly go Janspeed to be perfectly honest.

Yeah Janspeed made the Xpower ones so would be want I leaned towards.

I have a standard 180 back box in my shed you can have it for nowt if you come to Bolton for it

Hi Alan, that's very kind of you! Is it for a Mark 1 or 2? I believe the Mark 2 ones are slightly longer to accommodate for the longer rear bumper?

I have an unbranded stainless steel backbox for a MK2 Saloon in my shed... If you collect it you can have it :)

But, Alan looks like he is closer and can sort your issue out quickly for you

<edit> That backbox in my shed is now spoken for, sorry! </edit>

Haha no worries mate and appreciate the kind offer!

Alan.F
04-06-16, 06:54 PM
Mart its a mk1 came off my old Orange Grove one

Mart_in_MCR
06-06-16, 12:09 PM
Mart its a mk1 came off my old Orange Grove one

Thanks Alan, in that case I believe it would be a bit short for the Mark 2 as the bumper extended further out?

talkingcars
06-06-16, 04:04 PM
I had a powerflow duplex made for my mk1, it's now on my mk2 and if you didn't knowyou wouldn't realise it's "too" short.

Alan.F
06-06-16, 07:44 PM
Thanks Alan, in that case I believe it would be a bit short for the Mark 2 as the bumper extended further out?

Ok not a prob m8