PDA

View Full Version : MK2 on Gumtree

stamford
13-08-16, 06:43 AM
https://www.gumtree.com/p/mg/mg-zs-180-mk2-goodwood-green-2004/1182106250

Went to look at this one last night to see if it was something we could buy and use. Although the seller is based in Christchurch the car is near Heathrow airport.

Decided to pass this one over as too much work to do for what I have in mind for but could be a project for someone?

As the ad states it's a Goodwood Green 180 hatch, MOT March 2017. It has been laid up for a while as not used. So here's a few things to help anyone that's interested.

Bad bits:

Fogged headlights.
Rust on OSF wing above arch moulding.
OSF arch moulding coming adrift with rust underneath.
No water in expansion tank.
Clutch slave broken, held on with jubilee clips!
MIL fault.
Drivers door card peeling off.
Scratches everywhere, few dents.
Rear bumper dropped.
Rear bodykit coming off bumper.
Rust around both hatch hinge areas, quite bad.
Generally dirty, boot carpet bad.
Alloys kerbed.
Some history.

For the money well worth considering if you are happy with a rolling project or a rough daily. If I had the room I would have bought it and worked on it but looking for something better tbh.

Roverlike
13-08-16, 08:29 AM
As I know Bren10 is selling his doughter's car on mgrover.org forum. This is excellent car for the money, if you want something like that... Mk2 with alot of extras...

peterzs
13-08-16, 09:15 AM
Just shows you cant buy off a photo, looked good!!!

stamford
13-08-16, 09:52 AM
As I know Bren10 is selling his doughter's car on mgrover.org forum. This is excellent car for the money, if you want something like that... Mk2 with alot of extras...

Nice car but want a 180.

Just shows you cant buy off a photo, looked good!!!

It was worth a look as you never know, but the ad was nothing like the car! Still worth £500 just for parts probably even if you ran it until the MOT expired.

MG ZS STE
13-08-16, 11:58 AM
the reg may be worth some money too.

stamford
13-08-16, 01:40 PM
the reg may be worth some money too.

Alas that is not on it now.

JOHNDQ
14-08-16, 08:39 AM

I was looking at that as want a Fire frost MK2 but definitely not a V6. Bit to much for me with the mileage and to be honest the mileage is same as my 120 so not worth swapping just for colour reasons. Thing is traders probably only will give the value its worth weighed in so will give eye on it see if price drops