PDA

View Full Version : Plans for 2017

LukeZS96
02-12-16, 08:21 AM
So with christmas and new year being just around the corner, what are peoples plans for their Zeds or indeed any other cars they have? I'll be starting with the engine conversion on mine and respray and sorting out a few other jobs that need doing although it probably wont be done by next year, I have quite a long list to get through. Always nice to hear other peoples plans

grimmy
02-12-16, 11:44 AM
My car is going off the road fro the rest of the winter next week and the plans at the moment are sort the diff bearings that have been driving me nuts all year and tidy up the underside of the car and rust proof apart from that not a lot.

Dan1971
02-12-16, 12:35 PM
My car is going off the road fro the rest of the winter next week and the plans at the moment are sort the diff bearings that have been driving me nuts all year and tidy up the underside of the car and rust proof apart from that not a lot.

Big-Jay style .... ?

I'm doing nothing .... just planning what to replace it with in 10 months time.

grimmy
02-12-16, 01:08 PM
Big-Jay style .... ?

I'm doing nothing .... just planning what to replace it with in 10 months time.

God no Dan that's way beyond my abilities.wish I could but wouldnt know where to start with that level of work.

talkingcars
02-12-16, 01:47 PM
Bit early for this, I normally work out the lists at Christmas, between mince pies and port.

stamford
02-12-16, 03:00 PM
I'd like to finish the mk1 mods next year. Keep the mk2 clean and tidy, perhaps get the rusty roof bits sorted.

daytona365
02-12-16, 09:23 PM
Well mine not much different to this time last year...Keep the yellow beast and just loads of TLC.............plus lots of driving and shows.

ian zs180
03-12-16, 10:16 AM
Well I,m stuck been thinking about changing my zed the past year but just cant bring myself to do it . I love my zed it will be 10 years of ownership in feb next year and its been ultra reliable . I,m just thinking of downsizing . Still want something nippy like and fun to drive . So was thinking of maybe a Suzuki swift sport the new shape one like coz I think the first shape is bland inside . But it probably wont happen like I said I love my 180 I can see me keeping it till the day it dies lol .

peterzs
03-12-16, 10:27 AM
As the advisories said, got to clean up and rustproof the jacking points.

:):):)

tcb 180
04-12-16, 08:44 AM
Got the Astra Gte on sorn from 1st Nov. Got front bumper off to paint up the peeling black plastic inserts. Autoglym matt black rattle can is best for these.

Also got front lamps out to tidy up a little surface rust. Clean off and treat oil cooler pipes and other ancillaries.

Rad out air box out. Although she's only done a couple of thou on the cam belt it's 5yrs or so old. So new belt, fresh anti freeze and back together for spring.

mrmick
04-12-16, 11:44 AM
Both my as and the wife's zr are away till spring time both now on sorn

Dan1971
04-12-16, 12:52 PM
Got the Astra Gte on sorn from 1st Nov. Got front bumper off to paint up the peeling black plastic inserts. Autoglym matt black rattle can is best for these.

Also got front lamps out to tidy up a little surface rust. Clean off and treat oil cooler pipes and other ancillaries.

Rad out air box out. Although she's only done a couple of thou on the cam belt it's 5yrs or so old. So new belt, fresh anti freeze and back together for spring.

I've started looking at older vauxhalls and there are some very nicely maintained GTe examples out there .... :hmm:

p_b82
06-12-16, 01:07 PM
I'd love to get the Zs back on the road.... and then from there I'll see what happens next... maybe a push for the big power figures and/or some track action... not hoping for too much as 2016 has been a massive disappointment for me due to the troubles with the custom electronics I'm waiting on for the VNT control.

Mustang I'm just going to keep tootling around in it as is, hopefully it doesn't fall off the road over winter! .... resisting the urge for some noisier pipes on it...... for now lol.

dave23572
07-12-16, 05:05 PM
I'm having a fully reconditioned engine built, it will have ported/polished heads and 270 cams! Can't wait.

pb25
08-12-16, 11:45 AM
Getting a 'new' engine dropped into the 180 in Feb as mine has hgf. Just bought a Rover 45 dirty as its the same colour as the zed and the paintwork is in better nick so gonna swop some panels over, MOT the dirty and flog it.

As I managed to roll the MGF and cat B write it off I will be looking for a replacement, along with stripping the old one for parts after buying it back.

adam
08-12-16, 01:27 PM
Stripping it, a shame but my ZS ownership is soon coming to an end.

stamford
08-12-16, 03:19 PM

Why's that after all the work you've carried out?

talkingcars
08-12-16, 07:46 PM

Seconded

(although can I have first dibs on panels, doors etc).

adam
08-12-16, 08:00 PM

I need a car that can handle country lanes and poor roads for my daily commute, a ZS on coilovers isn't really designed for that. Which then means I can have a fun weekend toy so I'm going for something more retro and rwd.

Unfortunately no one will pay anywhere near what I want for the ZS whole so I'll strip off the parts I want to keep and sell the rest.

Seconded

(although can I have first dibs on panels, doors etc).

I'll let you know when it's in bits.

Dan1971
09-12-16, 12:04 AM

As I managed to roll the MGF and cat B write it off I will be looking for a replacement, along with stripping the old one for parts after buying it back.

Crikey - don't want to be in a convertible when it's rolling ....

I need a car that can handle country lanes and poor roads for my daily commute, a ZS on coilovers isn't really designed for that. Which then means I can have a fun weekend toy so I'm going for something more retro and rwd.

Unfortunately no one will pay anywhere near what I want for the ZS whole so I'll strip off the parts I want to keep and sell the rest.

I'll let you know when it's in bits.

Wow .... surely giving it a go whole first is the way to go rather than shred it .... seems a shame but your car I suppose.

adam
09-12-16, 07:51 AM
Wow .... surely giving it a go whole first is the way to go rather than shred it .... seems a shame but your car I suppose.

Have tried selling it whole but no-one will pay what I want for it, with what I've done to it, it really is worth more in parts. Besides I can use the engine/ITB's/ecu in my next project.

talkingcars
09-12-16, 10:24 PM
Crikey - don't want to be in a convertible when it's rolling .....

The MGF windscreen surround is strong enough to support the weight of the car.

sneekyparrot
10-12-16, 08:26 AM
Drive the bloody car and thrash it for all its worth would be nice :trampoline:

P.