PDA

View Full Version : Mk2 180 hatch : pain to find parts for

Craig-ZS180
17-12-16, 01:21 PM
Why is it that I am now finding it especially hard to find any stainless cat back exhausts for my mk2 hatch.
I have been trying to find a Piper system but they only list 01-04 and not 04- for the hatch. To be honest I haven't actually found anyone that is listing an exhaust for the hatch version.
Where do or have people that have got systems on the mk2 get them from and can anyone point me in the right direction.
It currently has what appears to be a scorpion rear fromma mk1 as doesn't clear the bumper correctly and the fitting is more than questionable. It doesn't appear to accommodate for the kit on the rear so has been attached in ways that a monkey could do better. Also now found it has a standard centre which will be why it isn't anywhere near like my old one.

Anyway if anyone can point me in the direction of somewhere that can accommodate for a system on the later shape 180 hatchback I would appreciate the heads up :) :)

Dan1971
17-12-16, 01:28 PM
Get it done by a custom builder mate.

Pete used Powerflow - think my Silver saloon had a powerflow system too and it sounded really nice.

ZS Phil
18-12-16, 09:23 AM
Get in touch with Pete Burchill from Vulcan Racing, I think he supplies piper stuff and a nice guy to deal with.

Craig-ZS180
18-12-16, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the replies guys, I will look into those options. I was trying to keep away from the custom route down to how much they sometimes charge for doing them and only have a couple that are local to me.
Hayward &a Scott which I love the systems they do and I trust Ian very much to sort it out (they are very expensive though and trying to book in with them is not an easy process) and then it's Pipecraft which I've heard mixed reviews about the systems they do.

I may give them a go but don't have a power flow dealer near me now which is a shame as they do tend to sound nice.

I will try Pete Burchill then as in fairness I love the sound a Piper system gives so will see if it is something he can offer and find out what that would cost.
He also does the Janspeed mani's doesn't he? Full system alert :D

Thanks for the suggestions, will continue searching and see what crops up then.

talkingcars
18-12-16, 08:48 PM
One of the nice things with a custom system is specifying how loud it is, my T16 maestro can be heard in the next street, the ZS is mid sport and is nice and quite on a run but lush when giving it beans.

Lukeus101
19-12-16, 06:51 AM
Powerflow/custom exhaust centre would be my first port of call mate. However go one that knows exactly what they are doing. Ive heard some nightmare stories regarding welds and joins but I used Top Gear Performance in Doncaster, they live and breathe motorsport so knew exactly what I wanted. They did an ST3 Focus and Civic Type R for me.

mattyprice4004
16-01-17, 07:01 PM
Custom all the way. £300 for my MG ZTT, so wouldn't imagine it'd be much different for a ZS.

M17TT180
17-01-17, 03:41 PM
Or buy one for mk1 and get the tip extended.