PDA

View Full Version : Brand new KV6 'DIY' Upper Inlet Manifolds - £299.99

mattyprice4004
08-02-17, 02:01 PM
Hello guys and girls,
First of all, I must stress that this product is for the DIYers among us (or those of us with a good garage!).

Basically, with the current availability issues regarding the KV6 Inlet Manifold I've been on the hunt for an alternative - and I've found one.
The only difference is the lack of MAP sensor, and it's also got one less vacuum takeoff (which you'll need for our cars).

Adding these DIY is simple enough, there's instructions on our page for the part here:
https://www.dmgrs.co.uk/products/kv6-inlet-manifold-bare-assembly-lkb108021

The upshot is you can now have a brand new KV6 Inlet Manifold for under £300 as long as you're prepared to modify it a little.

Normal RRP for these is knocking on for £700, and they're a little scarce at the moment too.
Stock is due late March, we have 20 available.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk245/mattyprice4004/kv6inlet_large_zpsmkqdcw88.jpg

Skillen
08-02-17, 02:13 PM
I've got the post purge valve vacuum blanked on mine. So this wouldn't matter to me right?

mattyprice4004
13-02-17, 02:25 PM
I believe not - just the MAP sensor hole needed. :)

Skillen
13-02-17, 03:51 PM
Looking at the part, it doesn't seem to have the flat raised area for the map to be drilled at, where would one put it as there aren't many flat places for one.

M17TT180
13-02-17, 05:03 PM
Are these the freelancer ones?

mattyprice4004
09-03-17, 03:26 PM
Looking at the part, it doesn't seem to have the flat raised area for the map to be drilled at, where would one put it as there aren't many flat places for one.
On the test one I made, I just put it where the original was - I drilled 2 small holes for the mounting screws, and while it doesn't look as good as the original it's not going anywhere as the manifold is quite thick, and it's under vacuum.

The MAP sensor has 2 sealing rings, so providing you get a reasonable finish on the mounting hole it won't leak vacuum.

Are these the freelancer ones?
They are, but for the Export market - the EU Freelander uses the MAP sensor as our cars do.