PDA

View Full Version : Feelers

JRMVVC
11-03-17, 08:19 PM
Hi Guys
Friday didnt end too well for me, a number of of us at my work place were informed that we are to be made redundant. The company has been struggling for some time due to cheap foreign supplies & has now had to resort to more drastic action to stay in the black so to speak.

To this end i am going to have to do the same & part of this is that i may have to part with my ZS & go down to 1 car for the family.

If this does happen & i do have to let her go i would rather she go to someone who will keep her going like another enthusiast instead of some idiot off of Ebay who will run it into the ground or worse. So this is just to see if anyone would be interested if i do have to sell.

I have owned the car since March 2013 (4yrs) & the car has taken us all over the country on holidays & is used as a daily for my cross country trip to work & back.

She is a Mk2 ZS TD115 Saloon in Firefrost Red with full 180 kit, just passed 99k on a 55 plate with all the belts, pulleys, Glow Plugs & Tensioners done.

Cheers
Johnny

stamford
11-03-17, 09:41 PM
Sorry to hear of your situation and you have my sympathy. Been there myself and it does hurt. Be positive and use this as a means to move forward and improve. Sometimes such a thing as this is the kick we need when stuck in a rut or get complacent. I had to sell my prized Land Rover Discovery 3 in order to survive so feel the pain.

peterzs
11-03-17, 10:09 PM
Sorry to hear, year newer than my derv, they are great cars. Great colour as well.

You not thought of sorning it, till things get sorted.

Long as you have been employed by them for over two years you will get redundancy, a week for every complete year worked. You are entitled to look for and attend interviews while you are on notice.

https://www.gov.uk/redundant-your-rights/redundancy-pay

Good Luck and hope the car goes to a good home if you do sell.

Deckz
12-03-17, 02:34 PM
Out,of imtrrest what sort of ££ had you in mind?

p_b82
13-03-17, 10:08 AM
Sorry to hear that there is uncertainty ahead - I was one of the fortunate ones that when it happened to me the re-employment in a new role in the company has led to bigger and brighter things, so there is often a light at the end of the tunnel.

Sorning the car, and limited mileage policies can make it affordable to keep a car for the summer months - unless the capital they are holding means they just simply have to go..

Hope it all works out for you.

JRMVVC
13-03-17, 06:51 PM
Thanks guys. The real b***h of it all is that i have just finished buying a load of bits to fit & paid my subs ti get the probable help i will need.

At the moment i am just seeing how things progress, whatever happens it will be a reluctant sale if it happens.

I did think of sorning it but the wife put an end to that idea!

ZS
13-03-17, 08:59 PM
Out of interest, where are you based and what sort of work do you do? :)

JRMVVC
14-03-17, 09:18 PM
I live & work just outside Norwich & im an accountant.

I promise im not as boring as i sound!

Drew
15-03-17, 09:33 AM
I might need an accountant soon.

Sent from Drew @ Roverdose