PDA

View Full Version : MOT - Failed!

Craig
18-02-08, 04:42 PM
My car was in for its MOT today. It failed on the handbrake. The garage stripped the calipers/pads and reassembled them and it passed.

So all is good for a little while lol

Mat C
18-02-08, 04:44 PM
Glad to hear t was something thats easily cured always a gut-wrencher if it's something big that you had no idea about !

stamford
18-02-08, 06:15 PM
At least it was a relatively easy job then.

stripey
18-02-08, 06:20 PM
I had my MOT a couple of weeks ago and failed for rear tyres that were worn to the canvas on the inside edge - apparently it wasn't a set up issue - guess the previous owner wanted to maximise life of his tyres?

Also had a wheel bearing that was coming loose but all sorted now and a switch of tyres - Potenza 40's on the back and new Toyo-T1R on the front - way better than the Potenzas.

arwilson80
18-02-08, 09:31 PM
Easily fixed so all is good.... :) You can smile now knowing it's another year before you need to do it again. ;)

XPCobra
18-02-08, 10:10 PM
did it just need new pads, or were the calipers/cables sticky?

Maxxed_Ross
19-02-08, 05:51 AM
good stuff Craig

The ZS must be quite bad for the back brakes. My mates seized on and mine always get very sticky when I'm out here for 2 weeks - but the ZR never did it

weird

Maxfly
19-02-08, 06:00 AM
as said, glad it was an easy fix now set for another year of fun and frolics in the 180 eh:D

mine sometimes stick a touch too, but i normally just leave it in gear when on a flat to try an minimise that:)