05-06-17, 09:09 PM
As tittle says can i ask a question about a zr on here

Supercharged_Z
06-06-17, 03:38 AM
Go for it
Can only see if we can help

rover_ed
06-06-17, 06:54 AM
Sound.the issue is the temp if the heaters are on and driving it hardly goes up or if reved hard it drops rapidly changed thermostat and removed saab valve and replaced temp sensors heater do get hot eventuly poss dodgy thermostat.

Drew
06-06-17, 12:47 PM
Does it use water? Keep topping it up.
Have you replaced the header tank cap?

Drew

LukeZS96
06-06-17, 01:26 PM
Are the rad fans coming on and staying on all the time? It's quite rare for a thermostat to fail in the open positions in my experience unless the spring has broken. Can you plug it into a diagnostic reader with live data on it? Presuming it's a K-series it has 2 different coolant temp sensors on it one sends info to the ECU and will turn on the fans and the other is for the gauge on the dash. That might be acting up abit

rover_ed
06-06-17, 05:32 PM
Decided to take thermo back out and would u belive it it was jammed open so replaced that will see what happens when i go for a drive in a min thank you all will report back

Ritchy
07-06-17, 09:41 PM
sounds like the issue, but the stability valve removal may cause you further issues, best to get the older style setup if you're not replacing it

rover_ed
08-06-17, 02:08 PM
Drove it round since no issues first my zs gives me grief then the zr least 1 is sorted

peterzs
08-06-17, 05:23 PM
glad we could help, even if it was just you sorting it out.

Sometimes writing it down makes you think what is up.

:):):)

rover_ed
08-06-17, 09:12 PM
It does help and thanks to you chaps on here