PDA

View Full Version : Europe Trip

daytona365
14-06-17, 08:35 PM
Taking the Zed abroad soon, so was wondering what I need to do. Are the standard beam deflectors ok? I have my breakdown HI-Viz, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, breathtest.

p_b82
15-06-17, 09:50 AM
Not sure where you are going, but you might need a triangle as well....

other than that - make sure your actual breakdown cover is in place and insurance, and you should be good to go :)

daytona365
15-06-17, 07:30 PM
Off to Belgium....Have a triangle, use it marshalling.....Taking the Zed to Spa for the GP!

pheelay
15-06-17, 09:13 PM
also, spare light bulb kit, hi-vis needs to be one per passenger and must be accessible from inside the car, not buried in the boot. If using a GPS in France, it mustn't notify you of speed cameras. Apparently it's a thing!

When filling up, I try to avoid SP95-E10 petrol. I was getting 10% less range out of a tank when compared to straight fuel, which means SP95 and SP98 are better value.
It may even do damage (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/5795480/British-tourists-warned-over-damaging-French-fuel.html).

Safe travels! :-D

talkingcars
16-06-17, 07:56 AM
Make sure that you put on the hi viz before you get out of the car as the police have been known to pull people over and do them if they get out and then put the vest on.

You can'tget away with speeding, even speed cameras as the European goverments share registration details.

Use 98E5, our cars don't like anything less, messed up the fuel system on my F on 95E10.

Allow longer than you think to get there, it always takes longer.

Make sure you have installed local mapping on your devices before you leave, otherwise you'll only have main roads installed, this includes most sat navs as well.

Take a plug adaptor.

Check you have a card, ideally a credit card that will work. Even if you take cash you need to be covered for emergencies.

Less shops ars open in the evenings, most are closed on Sunday. You can only get cigs in Tobacconists or most motorway service stations.

Lastly and most important - enjoy.

peterzs
16-06-17, 08:50 AM
have fun.

:):):)

p_b82
19-06-17, 07:50 AM
nice - been planning to do that trip for a while now; but never seem to get round to it! :)

talkingcars
21-06-17, 09:53 PM
Just do it, book a ferry and a few nights hotels.

p_b82
22-06-17, 08:15 AM
It's more a timing thing, and not wanting to do it alone....

done races in the UK solo, and while it's ok, It's nicer to have some company at events like that I find.