PDA

View Full Version : Photo hosting sites-what next?

stamford
23-07-17, 03:15 PM
Due to the complete ballsup that Photobucket has done to every forum and every forum member on planet earth I guess we need to find a suitable way to post photos. What do people recommend now? PB was a pita at times, so time for a change.

jc600
23-07-17, 06:32 PM
On Landy zone you can load photos direct to site. All my threads everywhere are destroyed. I can slowly update that one. But uploading all my photos onto a different hosting service just isn't going to happen. Will take weeks, and I've got too much on. :(

Dan1971
23-07-17, 06:37 PM
No idea what other options there are - if any

john180
23-07-17, 07:46 PM
Try http://imgur.com/ they will let you upload images and gives you embed codes etc for forums :)

ZS
23-07-17, 09:10 PM
You can upload direct to here as well, thats what the "Manage Attachments" button does below, when you edit.

I have thought about creating a small image hosting site for the car community to use, but if it took off too much I'm not sure id be able to cope with the bandwidth and hosting costs! :)

stamford
23-07-17, 09:14 PM
Aren't the file sizes limited as an attachment? Photos would need to be reduced and probably lose clarity.

6282tom
24-07-17, 09:14 AM
A friend of mine from the AFOL world uses flickr as do a lot of the people on the forums he frequents. Not used it myself but he says it's decent.

ZS
24-07-17, 09:16 AM
Aren't the file sizes limited as an attachment? Photos would need to be reduced and probably lose clarity.

If they are, then I should be able to relax them a bit. I did for the Hyundai Club. :cylon:

p_b82
24-07-17, 11:01 AM
I know a lot of people have switched to flikr.

You can also use FB or google - but getting the google URL can be a pain at times, and sometimes stops working... (can't use a URL shorterner and then link to the image if not logged in oddly).

My PB usage is so low I've not yet had my pic's turned off I don't think.... (or the warning when I log in)... but when that happens I'll probably switch to google as it is just easier for me to manage things in one place (and that's currently where my "decent" photo's are going to share with people)

M17TT180
24-07-17, 11:23 AM
Probably messed up a lot of the How To's on the forum as well.

talkingcars
24-07-17, 08:12 PM
You can upload direct to here as well, thats what the "Manage Attachments" button does below, when you edit.

I have thought about creating a small image hosting site for the car community to use, but if it took off too much I'm not sure id be able to cope with the bandwidth and hosting costs! :)

You could offer it as a hosting service for members of forums where those forums pay you for access.

craig-zs120
25-07-17, 06:01 AM
I always use the tapatalk app and you can upload to tapatalk server to host images . (I only use forums that have tapatalk installed now )

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Roverlike
25-07-17, 03:58 PM
You could offer it as a hosting service for members of forums where those forums pay you for access.

This is interesting solution for me... I would beminterested to pay if the sum is reasonable.

craig-zs120
26-07-17, 06:36 PM
I think it's a very bad and unfair move from photobucket to disable all images posted already . If they had of left the pics before the change alone it wouldn't be as bad but now pretty much every how to guide ect that had pics is useless in most cases so that's years of work by members and site admins ect completely ruined. It's a very bad time for online forums at the moment thanks to photobucket . Even people's project threads now all gone if they used pb and most people did. They are just blackmailing users now to pay there ott subscription charges

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Gott
29-07-17, 10:36 PM
Imgur is by far the most advanced. Free uploads, full size resolution plus album support.

p_b82
29-07-17, 11:33 PM
I think imgur has forum blacklists where they don't allow for embedded pictures either which is why more people are using flickr