PDA

View Full Version : Eibach springs

ZS Phil
14-10-17, 08:50 AM
Does anybody know what happened with the guy on Facebook who was supposedly ordering a load of 180 eibach springs?
Really want a set for one of my road cars but it's gone all quiet.
Cheers

sneekyparrot
14-10-17, 09:15 AM
Does anybody know what happened with the guy on Facebook who was supposedly ordering a load of 180 eibach springs?
Really want a set for one of my road cars but it's gone all quiet.
Cheers

his name is lee Stott
we are all still waiting but the problem is Eibach keep changing the production date :rant:

ZS Phil
14-10-17, 09:52 AM
his name is lee Stott
we are all still waiting but the problem is Eibach keep changing the production date :rant:

Cheers :).
I've tagged him and messaged him a few times but he's never got back to me.
No indication as to when it may be then?

sneekyparrot
14-10-17, 10:02 AM
Cheers :).
I've tagged him and messaged him a few times but he's never got back to me.
No indication as to when it may be then?

last thing i heard was the begining of september but all seems quiet. I have just updated that thread asking if we have any news.

P.

ZS Phil
15-10-17, 08:26 AM
last thing i heard was the begining of september but all seems quiet. I have just updated that thread asking if we have any news.

P.

Cool, let's see if you get a reply.
Keep us posted on the outcome :)
Cheers.

sneekyparrot
15-10-17, 09:17 AM
Cool, let's see if you get a reply.
Keep us posted on the outcome :)
Cheers.

Lee has replied bud, hes going to speak to them Monday :-)

P.

ZS Phil
15-10-17, 10:54 AM
Good stuff. If there are any spare sets please let me know as I would be very keen.

ZS Phil
02-11-17, 05:42 PM
Any news at all?

sneekyparrot
03-11-17, 04:43 PM
I called Eibach myself and can confirm its a 100% genuine order. The springs are due into the UK depot the first week in December, this date has not changed over the past few months so fingers crossed.

P.

ZS Phil
03-11-17, 04:45 PM
Brilliant, thanks for the heads up.

mattie007
17-02-18, 06:58 PM
Ive just paid for mine, hopefully will be here this week! Did you get yours Paul?

Stephen
17-02-18, 09:29 PM
I got both my sets :)

ZS Phil
17-02-18, 10:01 PM
Still no response to my messages, oh well, always next time. Glad people have finally got them :).

mattie007
18-02-18, 07:55 AM
I got both my sets :)

I saw yours when George dropped my scorpion exhaust and avo springs off for my MG3. They look great! And thanks for the heads up Stephen, thought I’d missed out. These will probably never be made again for the 180.

Still no response to my messages, oh well, always next time. Glad people have finally got them :).

If you’ve paid up then they will arrive. Just a few issues with bigger orders getting made before this small batch and because they made 5 extra sets the full invoice hadn’t been paid. But now it’s all settled they are being sent out to everyone. I actually missed out but one of the guys had to sell up so I was lucky enough to source a set.

sneekyparrot
18-02-18, 08:22 AM
Ive just paid for mine, hopefully will be here this week! Did you get yours Paul?

yarr but lee's only 15 mins from me so i collected them. He is trying to start another run but i dont thik the numbers are going to be there this time. Shame as ppl seem to spend money on crap whilst thinking £200 on a tried and trusted solution is too expensive :baby::baby:

P.

Street Elite
18-02-18, 10:56 AM
It's not Lee doing it though is the issue for a lot of people

Drew

mattie007
18-02-18, 02:53 PM
Ive not had a problem with George. I understand some people have had issues in the past but at the end of the day, no one else has managed to get these put back into production. And by all accounts its ended up losing him money. Plus he does a lot of aftermarket stuff for the modern MG's when no one else seems to be willing. Just looking forward to getting them fitted now.

talkingcars
18-02-18, 04:53 PM
Ive not had a problem with George.

Personally I wouldn't trust him with time of day after my personal experience.

Street Elite
19-02-18, 06:52 AM
Nor me.

And he won't be out if pocket.

And it's not him producing parts for the new mg's!

Drew

Dan1971
19-02-18, 07:43 AM
I saw yours when George dropped my scorpion exhaust and avo springs off for my MG3.....

Pics?

Supercharged_Z
19-02-18, 04:56 PM
For clarity

He is out of pocket on these springs

And has paid a lot of money for devolpmemt of parts for new Mg models with manufactures that wouldn’t have done so without said ££. For his investment he has exclusive rights on the tooling I am told.

I don’t speak with him much anymore but this is factual

mattie007
19-02-18, 10:23 PM
Pics?

It’s a new nice setup, nice and throaty and picks up well in 2nd and 3rd gear.
The springs give it a better look and it’s actually rides better than standard despite the drop.

mattie007
19-02-18, 10:24 PM
A lot better than that square thing from factory!

Dan1971
20-02-18, 01:26 PM
Does look better at the back. I remember when I first saw one at Duxford a few years ago thinking - my God that exhaust is embarassing.

Nice one.

silver bullet
09-04-18, 10:49 AM
Anyone have a set of Xpower springs they fancy selling?
I paid Lee for a set but he has just advised he sold them so I'm trying to get my money back from him. Keen for a set still.

Stephen
09-04-18, 04:25 PM
I paid Lee for a set but he has just advised he sold them so I'm trying to get my money back from him. Keen for a set still.

There’s another group buy on them.

sneekyparrot
09-04-18, 05:36 PM

yep, i was putting going to be putting them up for £200 with the next bunch of parts i will be selling.

cheers
P.

silver bullet
09-04-18, 09:21 PM
There’s another group buy on them.

Yeah I'm not so keen on dealing with George tho, probably like many older MG-R enthusiasts

yep, i was putting going to be putting them up for £200 with the next bunch of parts i will be selling.

cheers
P.

If you interested in posting to Australia im interested? Are they new or used?

Street Elite
09-04-18, 09:57 PM
Not sure if they went but was a set of refurbed ones on Facebook last week

Drew

sneekyparrot
10-04-18, 06:14 AM
If you interested in posting to Australia im interested? Are they new or used?[/QUOTE]

sure if you cover the costs. They are brand new from the last group buy, but ive broken the car so not needed.

Ill pick them up and get them weighed so i can work out costs.

cheers

silver bullet
11-04-18, 10:36 PM
If you interested in posting to Australia im interested? Are they new or used?

sure if you cover the costs. They are brand new from the last group buy, but ive broken the car so not needed.

cheers[/QUOTE]

Yeah sure happy to cover postage of course!

sneekyparrot
12-04-18, 06:17 AM

cheers

Yeah sure happy to cover postage of course![/QUOTE]

Hi,
Are you on fbook? Probably easier and quicker to talk thru that or text me on 07881780744.
I need your full name and postal address to get a quote.

Cheers
Paul

silver bullet
15-04-18, 10:48 PM
Yeah sure happy to cover postage of course!

Hi,
Are you on fbook? Probably easier and quicker to talk thru that or text me on 07881780744.

Cheers
Paul[/QUOTE]

Yeah mate
https://www.facebook.com/paul.vernall.10

Paul Vernall
40 Corporate Drive, Heatherton, Victoria, 3202, Australia

talkingcars
16-04-18, 08:39 AM
40 Corporate Drive,

hope that's not your home.....

sneekyparrot
16-04-18, 04:15 PM
Hi,

Cheers
Paul

Yeah mate
https://www.facebook.com/paul.vernall.10

Paul Vernall
40 Corporate Drive, Heatherton, Victoria, 3202, Australia[/QUOTE]

friend request send Paul :-)