PDA

View Full Version : Turbo outlet pipe

gAZ
21-09-18, 11:13 AM
I'm looking for one of these Dark Ice turbo outlet pipes but they seem to be out of stock on the website? :no:

Does anybody have one or know of one for sale? :trampoline:

cheers

https://darkicedesigns.com/turbo-outlet-pipe.html

peterzs
21-09-18, 12:19 PM
got my ones in Yellow from Roose.

https://roosemotorsport.co.uk/mg-rover-400-45-zs-diesel-boost-hoses.html

gAZ
21-09-18, 10:17 PM
got my ones in Yellow from Roose.

https://roosemotorsport.co.uk/mg-rover-400-45-zs-diesel-boost-hoses.html

Thanks for the link, but what I'm looking for is the metal pipe that goes over the engine.

https://darkicedesigns.com/pub/media/catalog/product/cache/c9e0b0ef589f3508e5ba515cde53c5ff/t/u/turbo-outkl_let-pipe.jpg

gAZ
21-09-18, 10:21 PM
As you can see the dark ice pipe is much better than the rover item that looks like somebody's driven over it.. twice! :horse:

https://darkicedesigns.com/pub/media/catalog/product/cache/c9e0b0ef589f3508e5ba515cde53c5ff/t/u/turbo-outlet-lpk_pipe.jpg

talkingcars
22-09-18, 09:01 AM
Rang Dark Ice and ask how long before they have stock.

peterzs
22-09-18, 12:41 PM
is a bit squashed looking. have to let us know on the dark ice one.

gAZ
22-09-18, 07:19 PM

Is the number on the site? Must have missed it?

talkingcars
22-09-18, 10:48 PM
There used to be one, I rang it once, but I can't find it now.

glane85
23-09-18, 11:35 AM
There is a mobile number on their Facebook site.

Is the number on the site? Must have missed it?

gAZ
23-09-18, 09:48 PM

Got any photos of your silicone hoses ? Just out of curiosity.

I might get some of those too! :cylon:

p_b82
24-09-18, 10:30 AM
I've got the original "DonnyDiesel" pipe that DarkIce copied when he decided to move on from MGR.

Being honest, other than looking a bit cleaner/tidier the fact it's not squashed makes no difference to power figures.

mine *might* be surplus to requirements, as my turbo isn't standard anymore; but I'd rather not offer it up to sale until I know what's happening with all the old bits and pieces.. (and until I get the car back!)

gAZ
24-09-18, 11:08 PM
I've got the original "DonnyDiesel" pipe that DarkIce copied when he decided to move on from MGR.

Being honest, other than looking a bit cleaner/tidier the fact it's not squashed makes no difference to power figures.

mine *might* be surplus to requirements, as my turbo isn't standard anymore; but I'd rather not offer it up to sale until I know what's happening with all the old bits and pieces.. (and until I get the car back!)

Well that may well be true, but it certainly looks a better shape alround. If nothing else it's a bit of bling, but it's not like the figures are boasting much of an improvement. I'm sure it was like 5 lb ft torque and slightly better coming on to boost.

Either way, it's not going to brake the bank and neither is it the only modification. Hopefully every 'little' improvement here and there adds up to something noticeable all together.

Next on the list is sdi injectors. Are they plug and play? Or will it end up smoking like a chimney if I don't get it remapped as well ?

Though the guy I bought it off claimed it's been remapped already to 137bhp but I'm taking that with a pinch of salt .

peterzs
25-09-18, 02:48 PM
best to get a remap, after all the mods have been done.

Can get 158 bhp and 241 ft lbs torque

You only get smoke when you floor it, normal driving its OK.

SDi's are plug and play, best to get new copper washers, while you have it all stripped down its worth checking all the bleed off pipes, including the one back to the pump. They tend to go rather regularly

gAZ
26-09-18, 10:40 PM

talkingcars
27-09-18, 08:20 PM

talkingcars
27-09-18, 08:28 PM

p_b82
28-09-18, 07:55 AM

ZS
28-09-18, 05:42 PM
Sorry for the blank posts! All should be sorted now!

peterzs
28-09-18, 05:45 PM
well done Sam

gAZ
29-09-18, 01:36 AM
best to get a remap, after all the mods have been done.

Can get 158 bhp and 241 ft lbs torque

You only get smoke when you floor it, normal driving its OK.

SDi's are plug and play, best to get new copper washers, while you have it all stripped down its worth checking all the bleed off pipes, including the one back to the pump. They tend to go rather regularly

Sounds good to me.

Can I also put the standard zs injectors into the 200?

Which washers do I need to buy? And is there a way to check the condition of the sdi's before I put them in? Or a recommend cleaning routine?

And these bleed off pipes, are they the rubber braided hoses between the injectors ?

peterzs
01-10-18, 11:26 AM
Bleed off pipes are the braided rubber pipes. yep go between the injectors and one links back to the pump.

Not sure on the 200 and std injectors but don't see why not, just have to measure and make sure they are the same size and won't hit anything.

The washers are copper ones that crush up and fit on the injectors to seal them I get them from a land rover parts place or that DMGRS place has them. https://www.dmgrs.co.uk

think you can get them ultra sound cleaned, don't know the price. I keep away from cleaning them so I don't block anything up!!

:):):)

p_b82
03-10-18, 06:24 PM
you can fit the later injectors to the older engine, but it will be slow - the SDI's flow more fuel hence why you get a about 30bhp improvement just fitting them without a remap!

copper washers from rimmer bros or a landrover dealer (MGRdiscount site might have them too but not looked).

In theory you can get the separate new injectors nozzles for the SDI's, but honestly it's probably not worth it - just swap the nozzles over in a clean environment if you want the higher brake pressure injector (slightly less fuel, slightly cleaner) or just bung em in as they are :)

gAZ
07-10-18, 10:15 AM
you can fit the later injectors to the older engine, but it will be slow - the SDI's flow more fuel hence why you get a about 30bhp improvement just fitting them without a remap!

copper washers from rimmer bros or a landrover dealer (MGRdiscount site might have them too but not looked).

In theory you can get the separate new injectors nozzles for the SDI's, but honestly it's probably not worth it - just swap the nozzles over in a clean environment if you want the higher brake pressure injector (slightly less fuel, slightly cleaner) or just bung em in as they are :)

So are you saying to fit the SDI injectors BUT use the original nozzles from the ZS?

This is all new to me. Do the nozzles just unscrew from the injector?

Will doing this still give me the same extra fuel & bhp just with a cleaner exhaust ?

peterzs
07-10-18, 01:41 PM
just fit the SDi injectors straight swap 30 + bhp gain.

I get a puff of black smoke when flat to the floor, but soon clears.

As we say, No poke, without the smoke.