PDA

View Full Version : Silver Mk 2 - Every advert should be like this...

Dan1971
23-10-18, 07:07 AM
Good content apart from some grammer and typos, but with very good photos in my opinion. Would love this car ....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-ZS-180-MK2-QUAIFE-DIF-2-5-V6-79000MILES/283222407899?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

peterzs
23-10-18, 11:17 AM
Sounds a good one, go on Dan.

You know you want to.

:):):)

Dan1971
23-10-18, 02:54 PM
Sounds a good one, go on Dan.

You know you want to.

:):):)

I would if I'd sold the Tf Pete ... Sent a message to see if they fancy a TF ... We'll see.

p_b82
23-10-18, 07:45 PM
looks tidy - not sure how he knows his is one of 75 with a quaife in it....

My ratty old diesel's got one of them too - I still found it surprising hoping in any car without one, the difference was huge even on the road...

Skillen
23-10-18, 08:47 PM
looks tidy - not sure how he knows his is one of 75 with a quaife in it....

My ratty old diesel's got one of them too - I still found it surprising hoping in any car without one, the difference was huge even on the road...

I got my type b in then blew the engine up. I’m still waiting to try one out!
How do the quaifes and grippers make a difference

p_b82
27-10-18, 10:46 AM
I've not had a gripper so I can't comment, but I understand they are more heavy duty and even more capable of transferring the traction. (not had a torsen so can't compare either)

But on my L-series it completly negates any understeer on throttle - I can be accelerating on a rounabout before the exit before, and still remain within the lines on the roundabout and round the exit curves - sometimes even WOT

It is honestly night & day the difference it makes to traction - it is *the best* mod I put on the car.

Helps a little on slippery country lanes too as shifts traction to the wheel with grip - useful this time of year and in winter :)

ZS Phil
28-10-18, 05:32 AM
Unless you're going on track I honestly wouldn't worry about a diff in a road car. For a road car either a torsen type b or quaife. Gripper is great for track but unless you want to take the box off once per year and have it stripped down and the plates/ preload checked its more hassle than it's worth. After a few trackdays and a season of racing the preload on mine had dropped 70%.