PDA

View Full Version : Marks On Faux Leather Seats

OldTimeSpartan
21-10-22, 03:51 PM
Had my MG ZS since May.

I have noticed that any drops of liquid, even plain water, seems to mark the seats.

Tried a few things to clean them but without success.

Anybody else have this issue?

Anyone know what will clean these marks off?

stamford
21-10-22, 07:06 PM
Welcome! Not had those issues when I had alcantara seats. They may benefit from a clean then a sealer?

Dan1971
21-10-22, 09:44 PM
Autoglym is the best brand I've ever used for that type of thing.

peterzs
22-10-22, 11:59 AM
Hi and welcome.

The seats do mark, but usually, dry out and all is OK.

:group::group::group:

talkingcars
23-10-22, 09:33 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum

What do you mean by "faux leather"?

James

p_b82
24-10-22, 08:30 AM
I'm thinking maybe the new ZS not the original?

As I found the inserts on the monaco's just wiped clean with a tiny drop of water/cleaner - and it was only the R45 that had full leather iirc. (ignoring alcantara's)

AdamElphick
25-10-22, 09:40 AM
My Mk2 leathers (albeit from a 45) do also mark slightly. I find that leather conditioner seems to sort it out. I suspect they are cheapo 'split leather', which is basically the arse-end bottom layer once decent leather is split from the full thickness. Then it is top-coated as normal, and 'looks' like good quality leather. You can tell as it is stiff as old boards in the Mk2's! It's the crap that DFS tend to use!

AdamElphick
25-10-22, 09:41 AM
My Mk2 leathers (albeit from a 45) do also mark slightly. I find that leather conditioner seems to sort it out. I suspect they are cheapo 'split leather', which is basically the arse-end bottom layer once decent leather is split from the full thickness. Then it is top-coated as normal, and 'looks' like good quality leather. You can tell as it is stiff as old boards in the Mk2's! It's the crap that DFS tend to use! :no: