PDA

View Full Version : Chinese MG's.. MG ZS / MG5

rbull51
22-02-08, 05:11 PM
Does anybody know when we should expect to be seeing the new Chinese MG's go on sale? They seem to be taking thier time.
Im sure some of you have seen the pictures of the so called MG 5 which looks exactly the same as the MK2 ZS. Will be interesting to see if they actually make it!!!
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee9/rbull51/mg_51.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee9/rbull51/mg_5_31.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee9/rbull51/rover-51.jpg

Venom
22-02-08, 05:37 PM
I got something trhough the door saying that some dealership or something has started taking orders and deposits for the new TF so I'm guessing there not too far away. There were some pics floating around of the new NV6 (I think there calling it) on XPF if I remember correctly?

Maxxed_Ross
22-02-08, 05:45 PM
what's the NV6 the equivalant of?

The new MG3 (old mk2 ZR) actually looks quite nice, they've changed the centre console a bit

on the other hand the MG7 (75 / ZT) is flippin awful. The low spec one is a mk1 75 with oodles of chrome stuck on and the high end one is a mk2 ZT

Venom
22-02-08, 06:16 PM
Its basicly an updated KV6 but now called an NV6, I belive, I could be wrong with the N part but its deffinetly got a new letter replacing the K now.

shroonie29
22-02-08, 06:31 PM
http://austin-rover.co.uk/images/news200701_03.jpg
NAC-MG's engine plant is now producing NV6 engines for its upcoming 7Z saloon...

NAC-MG and SAIC (Roewe) remain locked in the tough task of getting their own versions of the Rover 75/MG ZT into production - and although it was Shanghai's car that was shown first to the public (the Roewe 750 at the recent Beijing Motor Show), Nanjing's car isn't far behind, with pre-production cars already been shaken down. So, although many believed that SAIC was considerably ahead of NAC in introducing its new cars, the closeness of the companies' first engines off the line would indicate that the gap is closing fast.

On the 18th December last year, SAIC Motor announced the start of production of the KV6 engine following an intensive programme of production engineering, localisation of component supply and commissioning of its brand new £15m Baoshan engine manufacturing plant near Shanghai, ably assisted by Ricardo2010. The new 188bhp engine was part of the package of IPR purchased by SAIC in 2004 from MG Rover - and unlike NAC-MG did not include the provision of any manufacturing tooling or background expertise.

The team from Ricardo 2010 supporting SAIC Motor on the manufacturing launch of the KV6, engine included key engineering staff whose role involved the detailed specification of the production equipment required for the new plant, as well as its installation and commissioning ready for pilot production. In parallel with this, a team of ten engineers were based in Shanghai for the purposes of localisation of component supply, including supplier selection and development to internationally competitive standards. As a result of this work by the joint Ricardo2010 and SAIC Motor team, this powerful, Euro 4 compliant engine has been localised for almost total Chinese content and commissioned for manufacture in less than 14 months from the initial project specification.

Ten days later, NAC-MG's first NV6 engine rolled off the line. The first NAC-produced NV6 engine was greeted with a great deal of fanfare - with the Group's chairman Wang Haoliang, general manager, Yu Jianwei, and NV6 project director Zhang Xin in attendance. Using Powertrain tooling removed from Longbridge last summer, NAC-MG has shown impressive speed in getting the production re-started, and whereas it was thought that the company was about six months behind SAIC in getting its cars onto the market, the gap now appears to be considerably less.

Given that SAIC has expressed a preference to stay out of the European market until 2009 with the Roewe 750, we'll be seeing the Chinese MGs first over here - and the question remains to be answered: will there be parts commonality between the Chinese and British cars in order to help maintain a supply of parts for the Rovers and MGs already on the road?
http://austin-rover.co.uk/images/news200701_04.jpg
...but local rivals SAIC managed to get the KV6 into production several weeks earlier. Here, Ricardo's manufacturing engineering manager, Steve Pitt, poses alongside principal engineer, Eddie Harris..

http://austin-rover.co.uk/index.htm?news200701f.htm

KevG
22-02-08, 07:40 PM
There are no plans to bring the MG ZS (MG5) back into production, albeit maybe China!

D3monstrate
22-02-08, 09:10 PM
Im sure some of you have seen the pictures of the so called MG 5 which looks exactly the same as the MK2 ZS

Is that a bad thing...?

Venom
22-02-08, 11:16 PM
Right... I'm now confused, I was under the impression that Rover or Roewe were only for the Chinese market as Rover/Roewe doesn't have a particularly good reputation over in the UK and that the MG side of things were only going to be for the UKDM (UK domestic market) as MG had a better rep over here and generally sold more....? I also thought that SAIC and NAC merged and that were one but now I'm confused is SIAC producing Roewe and NAC are producing MG....? I'm lost.....please help....lol?

Maxxed_Ross
23-02-08, 05:57 AM
As far as I know that is right, but the TF will be sold here and is also going over to the USA for the first time

afcbadam
23-02-08, 08:53 AM
i heard rumors that the new zs was going to have a 170bhp engine and a 250bhp engine

rbull51
23-02-08, 09:36 AM
Is that a bad thing...?
No, its definatly not a bad thing but i did hear that when that particular car was at the motorshow in china somebody wanted to have a closer look at it to see if it was an MG / Rover produced car before they went bust & they come up with some excuse that they had lost the keys and couldnt get into it!! It is thought to be a late left hand drive car just before mg rover went bust...???

Maxxed_Ross
23-02-08, 09:57 AM
the lack of rear spats suggests something's not quite right anyway

Venom
23-02-08, 12:15 PM
i heard rumors that the new zs was going to have a 170bhp engine and a 250bhp engine

I think there is abit of truth in there somewhere but I dont know if the ZS is going to get the 250 treatment, I think its the X80 thats gonna have the V6 with the 250hp quota.... but I'm not sure?

wilko66
23-02-08, 12:48 PM
There are no plans to bring the MG ZS (MG5) back into production, albeit maybe China!

:(