PDA

View Full Version : BARGAIN!!!!!! Janspeed Manis!!!!

Boot Hill Bandit
02-03-08, 02:43 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MG-Rover-ZS180-Janspeed-Performance-Exhaust-Manifold_W0QQitemZ250217300743QQihZ015QQcategoryZ3 8786QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1 247QQcmdZViewItem

Erm............how...........so low?!!?!? Don't ask me.......

Jim

Maxxed_Ross
02-03-08, 02:48 PM
steer well clear!!! This is the guy that sold me the pipes that even Janspeed themselves said should never have left the factory the way they were. A 2 year old could have welded them tidier!

Boot Hill Bandit
02-03-08, 02:52 PM
steer well clear!!! This is the guy that sold me the pipes that even Janspeed themselves said should never have left the factory the way they were. A 2 year old could have welded them tidier!

Oh really!!!!!!!!!!!

That's bad news Ross.........peeps might want to proceed with a little caution then??

Jim

Venom
02-03-08, 03:52 PM
funny cos there was someone on XPF that used him and was well pleased with his JAnspeed Mains...?

Maxxed_Ross
02-03-08, 04:00 PM
depends if he knows what he's looking at or not I suppose

stamford
02-03-08, 04:02 PM
Hang on a minute here people, don't blame the guy who is selling them. He has been made an appointed outlet for Janspeed. Therefore you need to ask the question why did such a poor quality product leave the factory in the first place? That particular one fell through the quality control net and should have been reworked or scrapped, not sold on.

Not alot cheaper than the Janspeed site either, worth a punt for sure.

Maxxed_Ross
02-03-08, 04:04 PM
I've got a suspicion this guy works there and sells off the ones that should go in the scrap bin for personal profit. I've no proof but that's the feeling I got

Boot Hill Bandit
02-03-08, 04:07 PM
Put it like this

Regarding the ones that Ross bought and he showed us......had I have known that was the same guy.......I wouldn't have posted up the link.

However............if anyone buys from said seller.........you know to proceed at your own risk now. So thanks Ross before I feel very guilty that peeps buy from him and then thank me for the link :blush:

Oh well........

Jim

Maxxed_Ross
02-03-08, 04:11 PM
I wasn't going to look but it's a good thing I did then lol

Boot Hill Bandit
02-03-08, 04:16 PM
yep cheers dude.

Would have felt crap if peeps on here bought them and they were as bad as yours.....

I can imagine who would be blamed for pointing the link out :sad:

Jim

stamford
02-03-08, 04:18 PM
Just be careful what you say on these boards, if such a statement affected business and such claims prove to be unfounded he could press charges, it has been known.

Boot Hill Bandit
02-03-08, 04:23 PM
Just be careful what you say on these boards, if such a statement affected business and such claims prove to be unfounded he could press charges, it has been known.

I am happy for you to remove such thread then if you feel better with that dude........I don't want the website in trouble if that is what you think can happen :no:

Jim

Maxxed_Ross
02-03-08, 06:08 PM
...and such claims prove to be unfounded he could press charges, it has been known.

I've got loads of pics and receipts to prove they are founded :detective:

Venom
02-03-08, 06:54 PM
Well to be fair, if you check his feedback hes got nothing but good reports and if you look everything he sells is Janspeed stuff. Also if you buy via paypal you can always state a clame if the item is shoddy.

Dave MGT
02-03-08, 08:18 PM
funny cos there was someone on XPF that used him and was well pleased with his JAnspeed Mains...?

Yep that was me. :happy:
Well pleased with mine. Welds are fine. Great seller imo.

My dad did buy a set after and they werent as good though tbh.

Remember these are very cheep!!!!!!
Even if you have to do some tidying yourself. Although Janspeed should do it imo as it is there product.

I thought i got a bargain and i payed £375 (they were up for £415 buy it now)

Maxxed_Ross
02-03-08, 10:42 PM
Well to be fair, if you check his feedback hes got nothing but good reports

I know, my dad stupidly filled it out thinking it was something else!

There's no way mine should have been anywhere near a customer looking like that

Venom
03-03-08, 06:12 AM
Yep that was me. :happy:
Well pleased with mine. Welds are fine. Great seller imo.

My dad did buy a set after and they werent as good though tbh.

Remember these are very cheep!!!!!!
Even if you have to do some tidying yourself. Although Janspeed should do it imo as it is there product.

I thought i got a bargain and i payed £375 (they were up for £415 buy it now)

I thorght it was you Dave, I remember you giving me the link to him and that he wouldent have any more till after Xmas.

Venom
03-03-08, 06:16 AM
I know, my dad stupidly filled it out thinking it was something else!

There's no way mine should have been anywhere near a customer looking like that

Hmm, I've wated to get the mains so that would start my mod off then and at this price it is tempting, I've seen Daves over on XPF and TBH they look normal and pretty neat...

Ross do you have any pics of yours with the shabby welding please buddy, would like to see this....? I'm sure if any one dose take the plunge and some mains then as long as you use PayPal, you should be ok as it dosnt state on the add that its defect in any way shape or form so you should have a leg to stand on.....?

Shafz
03-03-08, 08:36 AM
http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3157

Maxxed_Ross
03-03-08, 08:58 AM
cheers Shafz

Luckily they came with the original Janspeed invoice so they did take them back without any fuss at all

stamford
03-03-08, 12:24 PM
I've got loads of pics and receipts to prove they are founded :detective:

I was referring to posts #2 & #3, one poor product doesn't deserve bad press, just requires a bit of customer service to resolve the issue.

If I was sold something that didn't work or was poor quality, why should I inform everyone not to buy from them, might be just a 1 off. When you hear of multiple failures from the same source then alarm bells would be ringing.

Boot Hill Bandit
03-03-08, 12:56 PM
I was referring to posts #2 & #3, one poor product doesn't deserve bad press, just requires a bit of customer service to resolve the issue.

If I was sold something that didn't work or was poor quality, why should I inform everyone not to buy from them, might be just a 1 off. When you hear of multiple failures from the same source then alarm bells would be ringing.

Not to worry.........look I will go edit my post ;)

Apologies to the site staff :sorry:

Jim

*Edited.......hope that is worded better ;) *

stamford
03-03-08, 06:35 PM
Jim I wasn't aiming anything at you mate.................was a general thing.

Boot Hill Bandit
03-03-08, 06:50 PM
Jim I wasn't aiming anything at you mate.................was a general thing.

It's cool buddy ;) tactfully reworded :D

I don't want the site in trouble or me......so all sorted :)

Jim