PDA

View Full Version : clio

afcbadam
02-03-08, 03:11 PM
what engine do they put in a x reg clio. had a little go with one today in my 180 (not breaking any speed limits!!!!) and it pi$$ed all over me. it left me for dust. im talking about 10 car lengths in front of me in about 10 seconds

Alan.F
02-03-08, 03:15 PM
Was it a Williams clio normally blue with gold wheels if it was they are one quick motor

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8a/Clio_Williams.jpg

Maxxed_Ross
02-03-08, 03:17 PM
some of the Cup Cilo's are scary quick. I think there's one called the 157... had a play with one in the old ZR and f**k me it was rapid!

G man
02-03-08, 05:09 PM
my brothers got the 2ltr 182bhp model and that is fooking AWESOME :super:

Dan1971
02-03-08, 05:26 PM
what engine do they put in a x reg clio. had a little go with one today in my 180 (not breaking any speed limits!!!!) and it pi$$ed all over me. it left me for dust. im talking about 10 car lengths in front of me in about 10 seconds

Doesn't matter what it was......... either it's been modded or there's something wrong with your car mate ..... even a williams shouldn't have done you that badly ... a newer shape 172, or 182 should be even, but nothing on an X plate unless it's been tampered with.

shroonie29
02-03-08, 05:53 PM
Doesn't matter what it was......... either it's been modded or there's something wrong with your car mate ..... even a williams shouldn't have done you that badly ... a newer shape 172, or 182 should be even, but nothing on an X plate unless it's been tampered with.

Gotta agree mate.

shroon

afcbadam
02-03-08, 06:09 PM
nout wrong with the car its running great. must have been heaverly modified. mabye a turbo engine. it was a mk 2 x reg clio that proberly started off as a 1.2 or something i did here a exhaust as he passed me so its been 'fiddled' with somehow. all i know is i would love to drive it

Maxxed_Ross
02-03-08, 06:10 PM
yeah must be some crazy transplant job

afcbadam
02-03-08, 06:12 PM
must be as he started off a long way behind me and within about 2-3 seconds he was passing me

Maxxed_Ross
02-03-08, 06:13 PM
I recon he caught you sleeping lol

only joking pal

afcbadam
02-03-08, 06:16 PM
lol. i thought the zs was quick but f me this was stupid. i would like to meat the owner and say 'fair play'

Boot Hill Bandit
02-03-08, 06:37 PM
i would like to meat the owner and say 'fair play'

:rofl: that's quote of the week! :D

Jim

afcbadam
02-03-08, 06:49 PM
u telling jokes again jim lol

Boot Hill Bandit
02-03-08, 06:59 PM
u telling jokes again jim lol

I should ******* hope so........this place would be so damn quiet if I didn't :look:

I love you all...........but not as much as my ZS......... :hmmm: hold on....... :slap: thats another lie.......jeeeezzzz.......if I carry on like this I won't need sex toys to keep the women happy......I just use my nose :rofl:

Jim :tease:

Boot Hill Bandit
02-03-08, 07:02 PM
You all know the Renault advert they banned??

It was written by me......

Renault Clitorous.........

Because every :whistle: has got one :joker:

It's okay.........I'm going :tease:

Jim

afcbadam
02-03-08, 07:20 PM
your the only one that keeps the light shining bright sometimes jim

DeMoNPauL
03-03-08, 12:52 AM
clio williams is only 150bhp but still rapid due to bhp/ton

Your vis valves may be intermittently goosed

To come from behind you and gain ten lengths or so is Phenomenal

Some clios are rapid but have never came across one that would leave a Healthy 180 that far behind.

Venom
03-03-08, 06:07 AM
Now this is funny, The new Clio Sports with the mad 2.0ltr in it is an awesome engien and extreamly quick indeed, now heres the funny thing, I had a race with a stripped out Old Clio with a Renult 5 Turbo engine in it and I beat that.....? strainge, obviously its not set up right.

But any way the new Clio's are something not to mess with, and watch out for the CUP clio's there stripped out and lighter so there going to be even quicker.

Just going off course a little but has anyone seen the Pug 206 180...? Now this is one extream to another, everyone knows the clios are quick so you would expect the same from the little pug but you'd be wrong there gutless and yet they still put the 180 badge on the back of it, it feels and goes like its only got 140......LOL

Boot Hill Bandit
03-03-08, 09:50 AM
your the only one that keeps the light shining bright sometimes jim

Cheers..........my folks think my light is on but no one is home :noexpression: I'd say that's pretty ******* close at the moment.

Jim

afcbadam
03-03-08, 04:57 PM
the vis valves are fine. there brand new. there must have been a stupid engine in the clio. and where we raced is only about 2 miles from k-tec racing- a well knowing company for 500bhp renaults

Dave ZS-X
03-03-08, 07:53 PM
there is no standard clio sport anywhere near quick enough to come from behing to ten lengths in front in a quick side by side,the new 197 is no quicker than the outgoing 182 because its 150 odd kilos heavier.
The quickest in a straight line was the mk1 172 cup and even that in a straight drag race will only pull a few lengths .The car you came across was very modified!.

afcbadam
04-03-08, 04:04 PM
there is no standard clio sport anywhere near quick enough to come from behing to ten lengths in front in a quick side by side,the new 197 is no quicker than the outgoing 182 because its 150 odd kilos heavier.
The quickest in a straight line was the mk1 172 cup and even that in a straight drag race will only pull a few lengths .The car you came across was very modified!.

mk1 would never have thought that. by the time i got to 00mph (wont write any speeds as i have been told off for that before) but top end of 3 gear, you all know what that is (27!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) he was a long way in front. must be very modified

arwilson80
05-03-08, 09:40 AM
To come from behind you and gain ten lengths or so is Phenomenal

:whistle: :oops:

Dan1971
05-03-08, 12:55 PM
But as it was a Renault .... it broke down 5 miles up the road.

Jonda
15-03-08, 12:52 AM
You know the accelerator is on the right yeah?
Kidding!
I'm sure the biggest they made was the 2.0l in the standard shape, or of course the 2.0l V6. I love cars like that a wolf in sheeps clothing.
Someone i know had a cruddy looking fiesta with a 1.7l turbo in, so much fun time dicking over beemers in that.