PDA

View Full Version : CAN ANYONE HELP!, Need pictures

papa_lazaroo
03-03-08, 11:24 AM
Hello, Gonna get some cash for my birthday, and have decided to get my 17" straights re-furbed, but don't know which way to go, I can either have Anthracite as opposed to standard silver, or pay a little bit extra, and have either Black Chrome, or smoked chrome. Does anyone have any pictures of any of these finishes on their wheels, or could someone possibly do a PS for me?

Cheers
Papa :morepics::morepics::morepics:

stamford
03-03-08, 12:26 PM
Not because I have them, but what about white? I saw a Lupo GTi in black with white alloys, it looked stunning!

markyzs180
03-03-08, 03:33 PM
I prefer a lighter wheel personally so would go for hyper silver..who's doing them papa, labtab?

papa_lazaroo
03-03-08, 04:07 PM
Yeah, the gunmetal is 260 a set, and the chrome is 305 a set

markyzs180
03-03-08, 04:10 PM
Yeah, the gunmetal is 260 a set, and the chrome is 305 a set

how much???? is that leaving them the car and them taking the tyres off etc etc.... my mate just had his mk2 straights done by them in hyper silver for 120 but he just dropped of the rims...

jp kelly
03-03-08, 06:06 PM
i had mymk2 wheels done in white, cost me £120, that was for taking off the tyres, refurb and spraying, and putting the tyres back on, i just dropped the car off and picked it up the day after

markyzs180
03-03-08, 06:09 PM
i had mymk2 wheels done in white, cost me £120, that was for taking off the tyres, refurb and spraying, and putting the tyres back on, i just dropped the car off and picked it up the day after

that was a great price...where was that at?

carmadbaker
03-03-08, 06:16 PM
Here's a picture of mine with black chrome wheels on...they are 18's and not standard MG wheels, but gives you a good idea!:D i really liked the idea personally!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/dan4bex/S6300471.jpg

Boot Hill Bandit
03-03-08, 06:25 PM
Here's a picture of mine with black chrome wheels on...they are 18's and not standard MG wheels, but gives you a good idea!:D i really liked the idea personally!

Oh no :no: I've messed my pants again :cry: :slap:

I want my mk2 wheels done like that :trampoline: jeeeezzzz at this rate........I'm gonna have to get a job! :huh: instead of resting on my millions :laugh:

Jim

carmadbaker
03-03-08, 07:08 PM
Oh no :no: I've messed my pants again :cry: :slap:
Jim
now i know where those stains on ur seats come from! ha ha! does look gorgeous doesn't, i was tempted to do exactly the same.....think it looks awesome. i could of had those left on them but they needed a few more tyres:(:wavecry:

Boot Hill Bandit
03-03-08, 07:30 PM
now i know where those stains on ur seats come from! ha ha! does look gorgeous doesn't, i was tempted to do exactly the same.....think it looks awesome. i could of had those left on them but they needed a few more tyres:(:wavecry:

I thought everyone knew what the stains were?? :huh:

She's ruined a perfectly good set of seat covers :cry: tis okay though......I can get Ralph to put me some new ones on :D

Yep......I know now.....it's a toss up between refurbing mine in chrome when I have the spare money or having them done in Olde English White :D

Jim

RudeDogg1
03-03-08, 07:44 PM
I want mine done but have no idea of a local place

Boot Hill Bandit
03-03-08, 07:48 PM
I want mine done but have no idea of a local place

Are we talking seat stains or alloy wheel refurbs??

If you want seat stains......lend me your car for an evening and you won't be disappointed ;) the local red light district is only 5 or 6 miles away ;)

If we are talking wheel refurbs......

there is a place near us called Lepsons Alloy Wheel refurbishments or another very well rated place in Tonbridge called Spit and Polish.....

and no.....thats not a sex shop :slap:

Jim

carmadbaker
03-03-08, 08:02 PM
Are we talking seat stains or alloy wheel refurbs??

If you want seat stains......lend me your car for an evening and you won't be disappointed ;) the local red light district is only 5 or 6 miles away ;)

If we are talking wheel refurbs......

there is a place near us called Lepsons Alloy Wheel refurbishments or another very well rated place in Tonbridge called Spit and Polish.....

and no.....thats not a sex shop :slap:

Jim

oohh bummer :( was just about to look through the yellow pages for that one "o hello, im after a good strip and rub down" ;):):crazy: lol where's this red light district then? chatham? lol definately go for the white wheels btw :)

wilko66
03-03-08, 08:17 PM

Dude when did you get them, they look sweeeeeeet

carmadbaker
03-03-08, 08:32 PM
that was the previous owner, i decided not to keep them because they needed 4 new tyres, kinda regret it all now though :( might try get them back though...wat ya recon? worth the effort?

Boot Hill Bandit
03-03-08, 08:35 PM
that was the previous owner, i decided not to keep them because they needed 4 new tyres, kinda regret it all now though :( might try get them back though...wat ya recon? worth the effort?

you got std mk2 11 spokes now haven't ya bud??

get those done in chrome.......may as well ;)

Jim

carmadbaker
03-03-08, 08:38 PM
yer i have, yer thats a good point, don't have to tell my insurance then :) might PS and see how it looks

wilko66
03-03-08, 08:53 PM
i think they look cool

Boot Hill Bandit
03-03-08, 08:58 PM
what was this thread about again?? I honestly have no idea......and I am sure we have gone off topic :whistle:

Jim

papa_lazaroo
03-03-08, 09:12 PM
I'm sold, black chrome it is I think

Mat C
03-03-08, 09:35 PM
what was this thread about again?? I honestly have no idea......and I am sure we have gone off topic :whistle:

Jim

Jim, in many ways you remind me of the current shape Nissan Micra. The designer for that car obviously had too much lead in his pencil and didn't know when to stop drawing, so he just carried on spurting out random crap that had nothing to do with the original idea - get where i'm coming from ?!!! ;) Sometimes mate, it's maybe best to just stop tapping those keys ! :clown:

Carmadbaker, those wheels look great, a similar design to standard yet the finish - especialy on a black car - sets it off very well - nice work ! :)

Boot Hill Bandit
03-03-08, 09:39 PM
Jim, in many ways you remind me of the current shape Nissan Micra. The designer for that car obviously had too much lead in his pencil and didn't know when to stop drawing, so he just carried on spurting out random crap that had nothing to do with the original idea - get where i'm coming from ?!!! ;) Sometimes mate, it's maybe best to just stop tapping those keys ! :clown:

Really???

Shame that.........I prefer to make sure my keyboard doesn't stop working......

Jim

wilko66
03-03-08, 09:51 PM
I'm sold, black chrome it is I think

I think your right bud. Looks good. :smile1: