PDA

View Full Version : cars as good as written off

carl-mgzs
04-03-08, 05:17 AM
was sat relaxing at some red lights last night when BAM......and i mean BAM...look behind me to see a red corsa (M776 UVX) had gone into the back of me at 25-30 mph. go to get out and he wheels spins off obviously thinking i wasnt smart enough to get his reg number! Anyways the back bumper is folded under and the boot wont open cus boot floor has been pushed up! my borther who is a bmw techy thinks it will be written off, which naffs me off cus only just had viper alarm with remote start put on! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, Added to that i had to go from walsall police station to solihull police station to report it after i had already rung 999 and then had to wait in hospital for 2 hours to be told that my necks done in!

al_roverMG
04-03-08, 05:31 AM
Carl I feel your pain but at the end of the day it can be replaced. I hope the police are pressing charges against him for failure to stop and all that. Hope you managed to get a witness to give their details 2.

Am afraid your brother is right. Cost involved will write it off and with some parts being difficult to get most MGs involved in an accident are written off. Is worth stinging the C*CK for everything you can get though. If you have legal protection on your insurance then get them to put you in touch with a lawyer and claim for the injury.

It is people like this who totally tinky winky me off. they dont give a dam about other road users and when they make a mistake dont have the balls to hold their hands up and admit they are wrong. They should have their balls cut off for it so they cant infect the world and if they have children thein their kids should be lined up and shot in front of them!!!

markyzs180
04-03-08, 05:45 AM
sorry to hear your bad news mate...just proves that you can be the best driver in the world but theres always some idiot out there.... sounds like a write off, can't you get the place who installed the remote start to whiz round and whip it off for you?

stamford
04-03-08, 07:14 AM
Bad news mate, hope the ***** gets caught and prosecuted. Prepare for the worst, it doesn't sound too good for your ZS.

As soon as you know the score, start getting your bits off the car pronto.

At least you are okay apart from the neck injury.

sarah
04-03-08, 07:36 AM
sorry to hear your news mate, ******* corsa drivers are *******!!

as for your neck where theres blame, theres a claim ;)

Andyf
04-03-08, 10:30 AM
Sorry to hear that mate, getting my pride and joy bent is my second to worst nightmare, having the little tw*t that hit it drive off is my worst nightmare. Have you tried contacting the Motor Insurers Bureau? They can help if you are hit by an uninsured driver, not sure about a fail to stop though but you can check their web site,

http://www.mib.org.uk/Default.htm

Gazza
04-03-08, 10:40 AM
Sorry to hear about your ZS i know how gutting it is when they get wrote off:wall:

dvid
04-03-08, 10:42 AM
This happened to me, although my car was parked on the road outside my parents house, soemone crashed in to my car, punted it 3 doors down the road (detached houses!) and drove off!! Luckily the nobber left his number plate and the police caught him, he was uninsured no tax but HAD registered the car lol.... I hope they now test products on him rather than animals.....

Anyway, I used the MIB and got the full value of my car back, and I got to keep the car which I sold for parts... Took about 5 months for the cheque but got it all in the end :)

arwilson80
04-03-08, 12:29 PM
Aww crap. Not another one. There'll be none left on the roads before long. :(

niknog
04-03-08, 01:34 PM
Sorry mate, I totally understand how you are feeling at the moment. I do not usually condone violence but that **** needs his knackers removing with some rusty scissors and his fingers cut off from the shoulder!!!!!!

Try for the salvage if you have a load of decent parts, if you have the space and time you will probably get more cash in your pocket than just write off price.

Take him to the cleaners!

carl-mgzs
04-03-08, 03:16 PM
well i found out number plates where cloned from a renault laguna so dont think they'll get him. looked underneath the car and bootfloor is pushed up and split slightly! and to top it off my courtesy car will be a fudging ford KA

Boot Hill Bandit
04-03-08, 03:27 PM
well i found out number plates where cloned from a renault laguna so dont think they'll get him. looked underneath the car and bootfloor is pushed up and split slightly! and to top it off my courtesy car will be a fudging ford KA

Oh **** ! sorry to hear that bud......... :(

I hope they catch him and string him up!

Jim

Andyf
04-03-08, 04:06 PM
Sorry to hear that, that really sucks.

XPCobra
04-03-08, 05:08 PM
Sorry to hear about that, Hope hes caught and i hope you get teh zs back without being written off.

i would kill the person if that happened to me and i caught up wih them again

sean kelly
04-03-08, 05:27 PM
gutted for you carl , that would really p*ss me off

john180
04-03-08, 09:53 PM
sorry to hear this news. i would be totally gutted if this happened to me. all the best with getting it sorted out.

Maxxed_Ross
04-03-08, 10:12 PM
that'll be why he didn't stop then

Another reason why I wish my car had anti-tw*t missiles!

steve
04-03-08, 10:32 PM
had it happen to me b4 the zed 2 month old wrx payed 17.5k just sitting out side my house and a senator smacked it (one of four cars) 7.5k damage DOH but i cought him and he left to go to hosiptal (nothing to do with me of course????)

insurance payed out but the losses you have to go though MIB as sated above but i got my NCB back as well (he had no insurance no MOT and was pisses) all he got was £300 fine 2 year ban

i do feel for ya

p.s you can claim the viper back as well as it is a loss i did on the tracker

Zippy Saloon
05-03-08, 03:11 AM
well i found out number plates where cloned from a renault laguna so dont think they'll get him. looked underneath the car and bootfloor is pushed up and split slightly! and to top it off my courtesy car will be a fudging ford KAWifes company car (6mth old Focus) was hit by a van recently, passerby left note on screen. When insurance looked into it the reg turned out to be a Renault car of some sort.

Bit worrying how common this cloning could be, we may as well all say sod it and not bother with insurance, tax etc:mad:

arwilson80
05-03-08, 09:45 AM
Bit worrying how common this cloning could be, we may as well all say sod it and not bother with insurance, tax etc:mad:

Some people (quite a lot of people) already do! :shoot2:

R8NMG
05-03-08, 11:22 AM
There are some very evil punishments mentioned in this thread regarding the treatment of scums and I like it :yes:. If you dare to drive around with no insurance and tax then admit it rather than being a coward hiding behind a steering wheel. Capital punishment comes to mind for these cowards or just send them to a war zone, killed by friendly fire no big loss.

Hope you get the car sorted soon. It is just unnecessary extra hassle.

rbull51
05-03-08, 02:32 PM
Total pr*cks! Have you got a pic of it? Or have insurance taken it already?

wilko66
05-03-08, 03:04 PM
Wa****s, Hope things come out in your favour bud.

carl-mgzs
05-03-08, 03:51 PM
car is gettin repaired.......yayness!!! managed to get a fiesta replacement car too! a bit happier even though i gotta pay 350 quid excess for somethin i didnt cause!

parts been replaced are: rear cross member, rear bumper (+ spraying), rear quarter to be re sprayed, new or repaired boot floor, new exhaust, both rear lights replaced and a few other things i cant remember!

havent got the pictures of the damage to hand at the moment but will put them up!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/sumwhereibelong/DSC00711.jpg

rbull51
05-03-08, 04:25 PM
Spot on, at least they are repairing it. Didnt think they would as the usual excuse is they cant get hold of the parts being an MG and all!!!! I thought you were going to have to get another car and then i wouldnt have anybody to compare my ZS with!!!!

wilko66
05-03-08, 05:02 PM
:mml:good news bud:mml:

carl-mgzs
05-03-08, 05:03 PM
Spot on, at least they are repairing it. Didnt think they would as the usual excuse is they cant get hold of the parts being an MG and all!!!! I thought you were going to have to get another car and then i wouldnt have anybody to compare my ZS with!!!!

They said all the parts needed are available straight away... chuffed sums my mood up!

carl-mgzs
06-03-08, 04:39 PM
get my car back on the 18th of march so all is good!

rbull51
06-03-08, 04:50 PM
get my car back on the 18th of march so all is good!

Do you get to keep the courtesy car until then?

carl-mgzs
13-03-08, 04:30 PM
Do you get to keep the courtesy car until then?
got the fiesta till the 19th

carl-mgzs
18-03-08, 04:54 PM
Well rang the repair centre today as they hadn't bothered contacting me at all....supposed to have car back today but they said it will be another 2-3 days as car is still in spray booth! my replacement car goes back 2moro so im stuffed! NOT HAPPY! plus with it been good friday this week i doubt ill get it back till next week! GRRRRRRRR

carl-mgzs
20-03-08, 04:37 PM
rang up repair centre today only to find out that they lied about having a bumper and thats its actually on back order so could take a couple more weeks... worse still the insurance company isnt even bothered...so fed up of everything!

rbull51
21-03-08, 07:01 AM
rang up repair centre today only to find out that they lied about having a bumper and thats its actually on back order so could take a couple more weeks... worse still the insurance company isnt even bothered...so fed up of everything!

Bunch of b*stards. It would be quicker for you to buy a bumper yourself and take it to the repair shop, they would have no excuses then!!