PDA

View Full Version : Not impressed

Jonda
14-03-08, 07:46 PM
Grrrr!
Just gone to fit my spangly new Janspeed Xpower back box, so much woe just for a shiney exhaust.

<rant>
1.) of course the bolts were rusted to the mid and back box, so ended up attempting to angle grind them off.
1b.) realised where my fuel tank was decided not the best course of action. So drove with a huge gash in my back box, and was pleasently suprised a the nice tones being produced.
2.) took it like a $2 wh0re and asked the garage next door to take a look and get the old one off.
3.) all going smoothly until... the mid section bore was smaller than the new back box bore.
4.) realised some butt monkey who had the car before me scanked and put the Rover 45 mid section in.
5.) got no pennies after buying the right mid section and paying the garage to fit it all.
</rant>

Phew!
Bonus i suppose is i know the lads at the garage so it cost me £49 for mid section (trade price)
£0 labour, well £10 cash and an Autoglym valet box set (free from work) ;)

oh and £150 for Janspeed back box.

Photo's to follow :)

RudeDogg1
14-03-08, 07:51 PM
sounds the dogs danglies now tho ay ;)

R8NMG
14-03-08, 08:14 PM
I have the Janspeed Xpower back box too. They are good.

stamford
14-03-08, 08:16 PM
That is always the problem when replacing one section, the other half is always too far gone. I always replace what I can, saves this sort of grief. When I replaced my system I couldn't separate the mid section from the rear section as it was so rusted, had to cut through the pipes to remove the system.

At least it is done and the smiling can commence :D

Jonda
15-03-08, 12:46 AM
AH!
rightly put stamford, the smiling has commenced, doubt it will subside for alittle while. problem is i can't hear it properly without the stereo off and window down. That said, the lads at the garage said it was the smallest back box they'd ever seen, measured it and it was smaller than one of the lads mopeds, lol.
will post pics 2moro when the sun is smiling.

RudeDogg1
15-03-08, 08:42 AM
lol u sure uve got the right 1? i can hear mine with the sterio on and windows up and it aint small lolo :s

stamford
15-03-08, 09:06 AM
Funny saying that, since mine is back on the road I keep turning the stereo off and opening the windows :D I'm like a kid with a new toy, especially with the shift light, my girls love it!

RalphG
15-03-08, 09:25 AM
4.) realised some butt monkey who had the car before me scanked and put the Rover 45 mid section in.

We've seem similar things several times before... a ZS180 fitted with a diesel back box, a ZR160 fitted with a Rover 25 mid section, etc.

stamford
15-03-08, 09:29 AM
Oh what it is to raid the parts bin!

R8NMG
15-03-08, 09:46 AM
Funny saying that, since mine is back on the road I keep turning the stereo off and opening the windows :D I'm like a kid with a new toy, especially with the shift light, my girls love it!

I wound my window down at multi storey car park :thumbsup:

stamford
15-03-08, 11:29 AM
I wound my window down at multi storey car park :thumbsup:

:laugh: good man ;)

sduk
17-03-08, 10:50 AM
lookin forward to seeing the pics! least it is all sorted now :D