PDA

View Full Version : Gonna Show the MG Some Love!

sduk
17-03-08, 11:05 AM
Well with everything that is going on, the MG has been neglected recently. So this weekend and over the next few weeks it's gonna be pampered!

So far the plan is...

- get sticky pads for the MG tax disk
- adjust my steering wheel (slightly squint lol)
- respray interior (needs touched up)
- fit Honda S2000 engine start button
- relocate my filter in the wing
- change all 4 door handles to Rover 400 handles.
- solder my airbag cable to prevent the SRS constantly coming on
- new twin exhausts
- polish heatshields and remove rusting from the bolts
- fit new stainless heatshield bolts
- good clean and hoover :D

Can't wait to get it all done, it really is in a sorry state at the moment, proper doing my head in!

Shafz
17-03-08, 11:29 AM
lets hope the weather is good! been stuck at home this weekend becuase it just kept raining :(

stamford
17-03-08, 11:32 AM
Mine needs some serious TLC too, not had a chance to pamper it since it has been back on the road. Not had much chance to drive it either! This weather has put a stop to that!

niknog
17-03-08, 12:12 PM
Just sprayed the interior of mine, fitted the parts last weekend, starting to look good now. I still need to do heater dial surround and ashtray cover. After that I am thinking of spraying the interior handle black section Trophy Blue and even the tweeter surrounds on the doors but not sure if that would be over the top? Also cleaning up the heatshield and doing something to make the exhaust look satisfactory until I can afford another.

So much to do, so little free time!

Rachido_25
17-03-08, 02:13 PM
plan sounds good sammy :D

Maxfly
17-03-08, 03:39 PM
good stuff my man, what you changing the exhaust trims for??:)

Maxxed_Ross
17-03-08, 05:14 PM
sounds like a good plan!

Venom
18-03-08, 12:23 AM
Where did you get the stainless bolts from to replace the old rusted ones on the heatshield buddy?

Maxxed_Ross
18-03-08, 04:12 AM
ditto, I could do with some too!

sduk
18-03-08, 11:04 AM
good stuff my man, what you changing the exhaust trims for??:)

got two of these....

http://i8.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/aa/e8/e6bb_1_sbl.JPG

http://i21.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/aa/e8/e976_1_sbl.JPG

Where did you get the stainless bolts from to replace the old rusted ones on the heatshield buddy?

was gonna try B&Q? they might have some?

markyzs180
18-03-08, 02:20 PM

you'll have to take one out to size it then have a look here...

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/LPG-Fasteners_Socket-Buttons_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ17778946QQftidZ2QQt Zkm

Ross..this is where I got the M4 x 8 socket button screws from for the kick plates :)

i have no connection with this company just a satisfied customer..

Maxxed_Ross
20-03-08, 01:54 AM
cheers for the link bro!

I'll be buying a few bits from there since I have 2 heat sheilds and a full set of kick plates!

KevG
20-03-08, 11:14 AM
You will also need the the fixing part that clips into the body, and the screws are countersunk Stainless Steel self tapper.