PDA

View Full Version : help please!! wet drivers side floor

Steves Cleenz
21-07-07, 08:58 PM
was sitting in my car today parked half on a kerb and went to open my boot and noticed my floor front and back was soaking wet, all i can think is that it is the sunroof gutters, does anybody know where they run ?

thanks

steve

Boot Hill Bandit
21-07-07, 09:04 PM
I know the boots are susceptable to leaking as for the front carpets being wet?! I dunno. Are your windows all the way up??

Other than that I'm not sure.

Getting someone hosing down the car whilst you are in it will reveal something hopefully.

Is the headlining wet at all???

Jim

Steves Cleenz
21-07-07, 09:11 PM
no the headlining is dry and the boot is bone dry aswell

Stevedx
21-07-07, 09:23 PM
Check all the door seals too

lukiep160
21-07-07, 10:05 PM
If i remember correctly the sunroof drain tubes run down the a and c posts, I think there may be a joiner for the tubes in the footwell

Steves Cleenz
22-07-07, 07:52 PM
found the problem, it was the grommit that holds the cables to the bonnet pull, it wasnt put in properly and all the water was pi55ing in from there, pulled out over 10 litres of water from my carpet, ended up having to strip the whole interior out

MGZS55
22-07-07, 08:46 PM
:shoot2: ill fitting grommit!

Ah cr@p man, that's bad. I hate taking things apart as I always end up with "spares" after putting it all together :slap:

stamford
22-07-07, 09:01 PM
Those sort of jobs are a ball breaker, nothing gained but a headache and backache, at least you are an expert in that department! Good Job!

lukiep160
22-07-07, 09:05 PM
Water leaks are the worst jobs ever, i've nearly 2 days trying to get a tf window to seal

Leasky
22-07-07, 09:19 PM
hey i have the same problem but can find the source can someine tell me where the grommit is located and ill check that , also i notice one of my screen washers wasnt working n had a look to find its broken off under the bonet so the water might be comming fro there?

Steves Cleenz
22-07-07, 11:07 PM
the quickest way to see if it is the bonnet pull gromit is to undo the wheel arch liner on the drivers side and then look up towards the dashboard in the wheel arch and you will see the gromit there with 2 cables coming through it, just make sure that the grommit is in properly as the water belllows in from here, belive me :judge:

Leasky
23-07-07, 09:58 AM
cool thanks will do