PDA

View Full Version : Near Miss!

Smokey
30-03-08, 09:45 PM
Well last night on my way home from Dundee in horrific rain, I was going round a roundabout and it must have been greasy because next thing I am horizontal accross it!
I corrected it only to then lose it in the other direction...I then went off the road and missed a lamp post by a couple of inches (according to the driver behind me who kindly stopped)
The plus side is I'm safe, the car survived pretty well too as I with the massive jump over the kerb and the horrific noise, I thought the bumper would be in peiced, but the only damage sustained is a chunk out of my alloy and a thin flap of rubber coming loose!

Was a bit shaken but am relieved as it could have been alot worse.

arwilson80
30-03-08, 09:50 PM
Things like that are scary but it justs shows how easy it can happen.

markyzs180
30-03-08, 11:15 PM
scary!! glad you and the motor are ok though...

Maxxed_Ross
31-03-08, 09:33 AM
sounds like a lucky escape

If I were you I would go to a good garage and get the suspension and the alignment checked out just incase

stamford
31-03-08, 12:55 PM
How's the seat!

Shits you up a bit eh! I went sideways around a round-a-bout due to some arse pulling out on me, taken avoiding action and did a rallycross stylie moment!

stamford
31-03-08, 12:56 PM
That's funny I can say shits, but not ****!

Boot Hill Bandit
31-03-08, 06:09 PM
******* lucky dude.........it's amazing how hard you can be pushing sometimes and feel in total control......and then something pathetic like a slow speed near accident occurs.

I also would strongly advise you get the suspension geometry checked out and would advise to get the alloy repaired and keep that as a full size spare if possible....

Good news it was only a near miss dude and you and car are fine.

Jim

Smokey
31-03-08, 07:20 PM
the 'chunk' is fairly minor, almost cosmetic but I will get the sus checked out to be safe!
As if I didn't have enough problems with the lazy revving issue that hasn't been resolved even with soldering the power vis!

talkingcars
31-03-08, 08:21 PM
Glad it wasn't worse but as already said, get the steering etc checked and run that wheel at the back if you don't use it as a spare, you could have caused allsorts of internal damage that will only show when the wheel fails, I've seen it, it happens.

Dan1971
02-04-08, 07:34 PM
'Least you're Ok dude. :thumbsup:

Smokey
02-04-08, 10:04 PM
well I appreciate the comments guys and will be getting the car checked over and hopefully get to the bottom of the power loss issue too over the next few weeks