PDA

View Full Version : Plane crash in Farnborough...

arwilson80
31-03-08, 08:24 AM
Rescue workers are due to attempt to recover the bodies of five people killed after a private jet crashed into a housing estate at Farnborough, Kent.

The dead have not been officially identified but are believed to include ex-touring car racer David Leslie and racing team owner Richard Lloyd.

Full Story (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7321997.stm)

grimmy
31-03-08, 10:46 AM
Rescue workers are due to attempt to recover the bodies of five people killed after a private jet crashed into a housing estate at Farnborough, Kent.

The dead have not been officially identified but are believed to include ex-touring car racer David Leslie and racing team owner Richard Lloyd.

Full Story (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7321997.stm)
As soon as i heard it was Kent i wondered if it was anybody connected to motorsport with the touring cars being on at brands .Gutted if one of them is David Leslie another excellent Scottish driver gone

sarah
31-03-08, 11:29 AM
one of them is david leslie!

:rip: :(

stamford
31-03-08, 12:13 PM
Shocking news and a great loss. I have to say I admire the pilot for fighting it all the way avoiding what could have been more fatal. Very sad.

David Leslie was a smashing bloke and a good driver, Apex Motorsport have also lost their top bloke, Richard Lloyd.

niknog
31-03-08, 12:28 PM
Shocking news and a great loss. I have to say I admire the pilot for fighting it all the way avoiding what could have been more fatal. Very sad.

I totally agree, its a great loss to the sport.

Boot Hill Bandit
31-03-08, 06:15 PM
Another Scottish legend and gentleman lost in a fly accident.

Tragic loss to the sport. Both Richard and David will be missed very much.

Wasn't exactly long ago Coulthard escaped a helicopter crash at a GP either :no:

I will never forget Leslie's battles in his Eccurie Ecosse Vauxhall Cavalier in the early 90's........a great driver and one never to make a noise about his progress. Also noted for his unusual driving style of braking and changing down gears very late.

Jim