PDA

View Full Version : Mk2 ZS Circular Air Vent

R8NMG
02-04-08, 01:12 PM
I am looking for the one interior circular air vent for the ZS. Can I also presume the ZR ones are identical? Also how do you remove the vent? Noticed any scrapping mk2 ZR/ZS?

sduk
02-04-08, 01:31 PM
yeah i think they are identical mate, nearly 100% sure they are. to remove them they just pull out, put your fingers behind the silver part and they do pop out. then once out, the silver part can be removed from the vent body aswell.

R8NMG
02-04-08, 03:00 PM
to remove them they just pull out, put your fingers behind the silver part and they do pop out.

I tried popping it out before but wouldn't dare putting too much force on it so I failed. So it is just a matter of brute force to pull it?

JIMZS180
02-04-08, 05:10 PM
pm'd

R8NMG
02-04-08, 06:16 PM
pm'd

replied

sduk
02-04-08, 06:56 PM
I tried popping it out before but wouldn't dare putting too much force on it so I failed. So it is just a matter of brute force to pull it?

yeah they just pop out there is a little bit of metal that holds it in, i used a butter knife horizontally positioned (parallell with the windscreen) and then if you put that in and use it to lever the vent out, it doesnt mark the dash that way :)

but once you see how it clips in, its easy to just get out with your fingers :)