PDA

View Full Version : The Zed-eS

ZSTurbo
23-07-07, 08:38 PM
Here's a little pic of my ZS120+ with my 135spec engine. I will update all the pics over the next few weeks once I have the car back on the road fully working :thumbsup:

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m220/mattparker_01/zsfrontal.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m220/mattparker_01/zsenginebay135spec.jpg

sduk
23-07-07, 09:02 PM
v nice :D love it in that colour, what mods (other than the ITG) does it have to take it to 135?

whats the red thing below the plate?

shroonie29
23-07-07, 09:07 PM
135 engine is cams,T/B & map iirc
Looking sweet mate :)

Shroon

sduk
23-07-07, 09:08 PM
so its not a turbo?

arwilson80
23-07-07, 10:23 PM

What? I see nothing....

arwilson80
23-07-07, 10:25 PM
Actually... Just took a closer look and i see it now. :) Cold air feed?

Sweet looking car.

And Sammy i think a turbo is the plans for it if i read into a previous post correctly. ;)

RalphG
23-07-07, 11:07 PM

MGOC badge?

Nice looking car, but silver is not my favourite colour. What's not working on the car? ZSTurbo?

Matto 180
23-07-07, 11:13 PM
MGOC badge?

Yep, that's what it is!

Glen290
24-07-07, 11:11 AM
Nice car, good to see another starlight silver owner...

ZSTurbo
24-07-07, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the comments people, I do love Starlight Silver, although it wasn't my first choice as at the time of buying i was going to have an XPower grey 2004 but that sold just before I enquired about it, then there was a Firefrost red turbo diesel with the full kit on that caught my eye how ever the price was abit too high for the mileage of the car etcso I settled for the one I have as it was only £4,995 and have 11k miles on it with no marks or dents anywhere on it :)

Engine spec at the time of picture was original 1800 with 160(135) inlet manifold with 52mm t/b, ITG maxogen, 135 ECU, Piper s/s cat back system and with a VVC exhaust cam fitted to the inlet. The new engine that is now fitted is exactly that NEW, I have built myself a complete Genuine brand new Turbo(not saying what exactly yet :pirate2:) but all will be revieled soon, I also fitted a brand new Torsen to make sure I would be able to get traction

As some of you guessed correctly with what the 'red thing' on the bumper mesh is, that is the MGOC badge, you can all go down your local and buy yourself a pint :beer:

ZSTurbo
21-09-07, 11:29 PM
I've been meaning to post an update for sometime but been abit busy the past few months with things like writing off my play car on the Nurburgring, but I know I was doing laps in the mid to high 8 minutes :)
Anyway, my ZS isn't quite back on the road yet after 6 months now lol although it should be within the next 2 weeks as all I am waiting for is a new custom made flywheel, so my K series Turbo will be fully working with the original ZT160 ECU :whip: :)

A brief spec is
complete brand new K series Turbo engine,
VVC 160 inlet manifold and 52mm t/b,
Original PG1 with brand new type B torsen diff,
modified ZS TD intercooler,
ZS TD radiator,
ZS180 radiator fans,
MG SV airbox with custom ITG filter

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m220/mattparker_01/zsenginebayturbo.jpg

still using my same Piper exhaust system and cat but with a modified section pipe for downpipe join.

Once I have had it on the road for a month I will be looking at fitting an FSE, Superchip and I may have my spare turbo tweaked with and throw that on :cool2:

Yes I know looking at the pics I need to give it a clean and polish but no point yet as I ye tot change the flywheel still, but it does start, run and drive, just that i don't move it any futhure than the end of the drive to make sure I don't cause any damage when under load driving :)

Steves Cleenz
22-09-07, 01:28 AM
just spotted you are from Tamworth, me too :trampoline::trampoline:

ive got the Green, Blue, Purple flip coloured MK1 180 going around :-D

ZS180V6
22-09-07, 10:40 AM
Looks good has it made a big difference ?

Dave MGT
22-09-07, 10:58 AM
Very nice.

Thats will be a nice drive.
I wish they made them with the 1.8T.

I remember seeing a prototype at Longbridge a couple of years ago. That was a silver mk2 hatch with the 1.8T.

Z Scotland
22-09-07, 01:13 PM
Is this a 2003 mk1 with a mk2 facelift and bodykit?:sly:
Looks nice all the same..:trampoline:

ZSTurbo
22-09-07, 10:43 PM
Thanks.

I was hoping to the be first and only ZS 1.8T as I knew about the ZR 1.8T at longbridge, but then when I had started building my engine at the beginning of the year I heard about the silver mk2 with the 1.8T in floating around longbridge, so i was abit disapointed but also wanted to check afew things on it to see how they had been done.

I've tried to make my enginwe bay look like it came out of the factory, but I was bored the other weekend and swapped the inlets over from the plastic to the alloy VVC and then my pipe work, which is only temp as I will be getting all hoses/pipes made in one peice silicone :)

Mine is a mk1 2003, I had most of the body kit as i was going to fit it all to my old 400 bub, but I decided to scrap it as it was starting to rust so the kit made it's way on to the ZS, just got the dash board yet to fit now to make it complete :D

ja-mo4
31-03-08, 07:43 PM
mines soon to be turbo'd waiting on a few more parts and i can get underway :D and it's also a mk2 ZS hatch

Alan.F
31-03-08, 11:09 PM
Starlight Silver is the best colour then i would say that lol nice looking car m8

shroonie29
31-03-08, 11:26 PM
Nice work fella.

Shroon

dave87
31-03-08, 11:44 PM
Starlight Silver is the best colour then i would say that lol nice looking car m8

Firefrost for me is the best colour or even yellow actually. All this coming from a StarLight Silver owner:wacko: