PDA

View Full Version : Wifey's ZR has to go.... Damned shame

papa_lazaroo
14-04-08, 01:57 PM
Very nice ZR 160

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take a look at my Wifes motor.

It's lovely, but alas she hasn't got the balls to drive it she tells me after owning it for 10 weeks, It scares the living daylights out of her,:yikes: so despite spending a mint on it, it has to go.:wavecry: Time to drown my sorrows, I love driving it, picks up quicker than my beast to 50mph. :drunk:

Have a look: Do a cut and paste into your web browser.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160229796709&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=006
*Link Fixed - Shafz

Regards
Papa

stamford
14-04-08, 02:58 PM
Not working fella.

Bad news, but at least she has been honest. I know my wife is looking at ZR's but no way am I getting her a 160, she'll lose her licence!

Quite a few years ago when I was a Toolmaker, the MD's wife, who was also the companies finance director owned an RS Turbo. She liked the look of the white car but never used the turbo! One day he got a call from the Police, apparently she went out on business and was trying to gather some speed on a slip road exit only to push the throttle more than she had done so before. You know what happened................turbo kicked in and she near on had a nervous breakdown on the hard shoulder...................car was sold weeks later with very few miles on it!

No one laughed.......................much! :laugh:

Craig
14-04-08, 04:10 PM
Nice car, it doesnt have side skirts tho. All 160s came with skirts as std. Is it maybe a 120 mate?

stamford
14-04-08, 09:07 PM
What's the wife looking for in return? Fancy an O2 Jimny? ;) My wife is after a ZR, not sure on the 160 though.

papa_lazaroo
14-04-08, 09:23 PM
Nice car, it doesnt have side skirts tho. All 160s came with skirts as std. Is it maybe a 120 mate?

All of the 3 door came with Skirts, you could dress down on the 5 door.

If you are gonna wear an anorak, make sure you know all the facts:rant:

arwilson80
14-04-08, 09:42 PM
That's unfortunate.... :(

Craig
15-04-08, 06:26 AM
All of the 3 door came with Skirts, you could dress down on the 5 door.

If you are gonna wear an anorak, make sure you know all the facts:rant:

Woa, calm down. I only asked if it maybe a 120.

edit: The ebay listing now shows the engine bay pic, clearly showing it IS a 160, i have sent you a pm.

Stevedx
15-04-08, 07:33 AM
Lovely looking car, wish I had the cash!

papa_lazaroo
15-04-08, 05:03 PM
Woa, calm down. I only asked if it maybe a 120.

edit: The ebay listing now shows the engine bay pic, clearly showing it IS a 160, i have sent you a pm.

Hello, Sent you an appology by PM.

I had been wound up a treat by the animated puppets (can't say Muppets) on the ZR forum, and I just blew my fuse.

the members on here are in fact a lot friendlier, and I appologise.

I can see my Bridges burning in the moonlight !!! (well, I would do, if it would only stop raining!!

Kindest regards
Papa.

Shafz
15-04-08, 05:58 PM
good luck with the sale matey

Dan1971
15-04-08, 08:00 PM
Just read your ad mate .... you must have got spanked by some idiots and doesn't it feel great when you can tell them all to F off and hit them with the names of the engineers for the car. Effin' superb mate.....:boxing: :thumbsup:

papa_lazaroo
15-04-08, 10:40 PM
Dan, you wouldn't believe the grief I've had, all from the silly kids.

I'm practically banned from the ZR site now.

apparently, it's okay to be accused of trying to palm off something dodgy, and the ZR site administrators say nothing, but point out that they are daft, and you get kicked off.

No justice in the world.

Pitty I have such a beast in my ZS, or I'd bloddy keep the ZR it's lovely.

I'm lucky really to have been able to enjoy the experiences I have done over the years in the car design environment, I took 2 prototypes of the 200vi, that had Cosworth engines (2,1 litre) to Esslingen, in Germany for rolling road tuning, I followed the development of that engine, right up until Rover were awarded the design awards for the inovation in the VVC K-series. I was so proud that it was developed and put in a car developed just the other side of the fence to my Mom's back garden, and I was involved.

To then be told, that I didn't know this, and didn't know that, by someone, who's probably bought a couple of 1.4 thrashed ZR's over the years, kind of made me see red.

Luckily I have calmed down now (well a day at the NEC looking at big trucks and pretty promo girls can do that sort of thing).

I just hope that whatever is sells for, it goes to a home that won't take a hacksaw to it, and turn it into something tacky. It's a nice one, the lady who had it before (CAZ) loved it, it was part of her family, and as such, is a nice old tool.

By the way, your roof looks the absolute business.

regards
papa

papa_lazaroo
17-04-08, 06:44 PM
Has anyone seen the absolute slander being spread about me on the ZR Chav fest?

stamford
17-04-08, 07:59 PM
Are you talking about our sister site? I won't see it as I am not a member, I have enough to do! Whatever it is, it sounds like you have had some fun ;)

Maxxed_Ross
17-04-08, 08:16 PM
the ZR site is like that, total bunch of t***ers the lot of them.

Mods are totally useless as most of them never actually step in when they should, and one often makes things worse!

papa_lazaroo
17-04-08, 08:48 PM
I am SO glad this site is full of REAL people.

papa_lazaroo
17-04-08, 08:49 PM
Well they have managed to talk someone out of a really nice car too, wonder what I'd get for it if I break it?

Nah, too nice to break

Maxxed_Ross
17-04-08, 11:03 PM
stick it on autotrader mate, that's where I found mine

stamford
18-04-08, 07:18 AM
Sounds like you have been treated poorly, sorry to hear that Papa.

As I said before, does your wife fancy a nice Jimny convertible? ;)

markyzs180
18-04-08, 08:30 PM
Forget ebay mate, stick it in the trader and also park it outside your house with a big for sale sign on it. I put a car on ebay a couple of months ago and ended up answering inane questions from people who had either got one anyway (so why are you bloodywell looking at mine?) or people wanting to swap for crocks of shoite!!

Its a great looking car that will sell easily, remember, most owners/potential owners will never visit a forum.....

Good luck with the sale !!

ps...wish markyzs180 really was my private plate ;)

StevieA ZS120
20-04-08, 02:28 PM
Has anyone seen the absolute slander being spread about me on the ZR Chav fest?
i stuck up for you on the zr site was quite funnt to see them back down in the end tho when they realised it was a 160 good luck with the sale tho mate