PDA

View Full Version : Still makes me smile!

sduk
16-04-08, 10:19 PM
Well not had a lot to smile about recently, plus been so busy to spend anytime on the ZS.

All that coupled with not having much spare cash for the ZS is not good.

However, I parked it up at my parents house tonight and I just had to take some pictures.

Its not been washed and needs a few things done, but I love it to bits and will keep it until it can be driven no more!

Here are a couple of the best shots, I really do love this car....

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/sduk/Photo-0052-1.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/sduk/Photo-0048-1.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/sduk/Photo-0050-1.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/sduk/Photo-0051-1.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/sduk/Photo-0049.jpg

Nothing particularly special just all mine! :)

stamford
16-04-08, 10:24 PM
Is it me or is it just a load of boxes? ;)

No, just one pic.............

I know what you mean Sammy, it's like part of you eh!

sduk
16-04-08, 10:31 PM
yeah bare with me two minutes, pics loaded too big so using photobucket to shrink them but the new loader is not keen.

sduk
16-04-08, 10:34 PM
well i give up, loaded them 3 times and everytime photobucket keeps them huge, even tho I change the settings.

not to worry, you get the pictures :)

sduk
16-04-08, 10:36 PM
that should be it now :D all comments appreciated (finally lol) :D

shroonie29
16-04-08, 10:40 PM
It's the ZS MG thing.4 years on & I still love mine :)

Shroon

zs pilot
16-04-08, 10:40 PM
looks sweet mate

sduk
16-04-08, 10:41 PM
totally agree mate. ive had MG's for about 5 years now and i love them! loved the drive home tonight in it.

cant wait to get it back to its best for the summertime.

ian zs180
16-04-08, 10:53 PM
i,ve had mine just over a year now and everytime i drive it ,,,it still puts a big smile on my face just the same as it did the day i got it i love it

Maxxed_Ross
16-04-08, 10:54 PM
cracker Sammy!

sduk
16-04-08, 11:05 PM
cheers :) even when neglected its still awesome!

Alan.F
17-04-08, 06:05 AM
It's the ZS MG thing.4 years on & I still love mine :)

Shroon

Same here never owned a car so long and just dont want to part with it

stamford
17-04-08, 07:31 AM
I'm at that stage where I will never sell mine, I am too attached to it. I'd rather keep it than sell it, it is worth more to me than just money. I've had mine three years now and loved every minute of it.

Andyf
17-04-08, 09:15 AM
Looks lovely mate, I am always looking at mine and finding excuses to go outside and i've had mine over 2 years now!

philbrownmgzs04
17-04-08, 09:36 AM
Hi everyone i am new to this site Ive got 2 MG,s both. totally different to drive both fun though. Its just good to have a choice in the morning !!!!!!!

stamford
17-04-08, 11:13 AM
Welcome along fella. I too have a choice, take the 180 if it has fuel in it, or take the commute shed as it is cheaper! The shed always wins :sad:

sarah
17-04-08, 11:17 AM
boys and their toys lol

sammy lovely motor hun, :D

philbrownmgzs04
17-04-08, 12:21 PM
My choice depends on the weather............ sunny day Roadster wet day its the ZS.
Living in the Pennines as i do the ZS is the usual choice !

p.s 2" of snow this morning

Murray203ps
17-04-08, 02:49 PM
I know what you mean sammy.

Still enjoy sitting in a coffee shop with view of the motor and chuckle to myself with how many people stop and look.lol.

Gives me a huge sense of pride.

arwilson80
17-04-08, 03:03 PM
chuckle to myself with how many people stop and look.lol.

...or if they see you going away / towards it and they come and ask to look around / see inside it. :D

stamford
17-04-08, 04:09 PM
Yea, and you get some little scrote saying "nice Rover mister" :shoot2:

Smokey
17-04-08, 04:30 PM
have to admit I gave mine a wash yesterday and drove up to Dundee for the night and then home again. Even with the lost power that still needs remedy (please Kev!) I cant help but smile at the looks/sounds of it and the staring eyes!
And when I got home after driving it for an hour, jumped into the punto to fill it up and it feels like I'm the jack in the box body rolling from side to side....just cant beat the feel of an MG!

Dan1971
17-04-08, 05:10 PM
I get annoyed when after giving it a wash, it rains. If I lived up North I wouldn't care ... it's expected, but the rain is giving me the hump. The dirt really shows up on my car .... being black I guess, same as you mate. I don't think it's been clean for any longer period than a few days since I've got it.

Oh ..... and I'm still loosing coolant :mad: :mad: :mad: Garage informed and it's gonna go in and get it looked at and sort my handles out at the same time. Still under warranty though.

carl-mgzs
17-04-08, 05:44 PM
its suprising how many people will come up and talk about my zs to me!.. great feeling, thought a few times about selling up next year but i dont think i could put myself through it! still have a smile on my face driving it now after 2 years

JIMZS180
17-04-08, 08:11 PM
I agree with all thats been said and despite rise in tax I will be looking to keep mine and when the time comes will buy something else as well as rather than instead of!!!! ( dont tell the wife yet tho')

arwilson80
17-04-08, 10:13 PM

Screw 'em... :p

dave87
18-04-08, 12:09 AM
pissing me off when i get the rover comments. My current thing to do is take them round to my pals house. His dad has a rover 45 in a 54 plate (1.4litre done like 4 miles in its life sold for £1000 nuts) and i park mine next to his and yeh they understand after that

Maxxed_Ross
18-04-08, 02:12 AM
its suprising how many people will come up and talk about my zs to me!.. great feeling, ...

come to think of it, so do I!

Had a good few random people talk to me at shows and stuff, even when I had the ZR it got alot of attention as it was quite often the only MG there... and a few randoms just walking past my house stopped while I was washing it. This woman who always seems to walk her dog past just as I'm finishing up always stops to talk to me now :thumbsup:

Alan.F
18-04-08, 04:25 AM

I am pissed off with people asking "hows the rover HG gone yet"

stamford
18-04-08, 07:24 AM
My boss calls mine a Rover, I soon correct him! ****!

But I get my own back on him, he has a Porch 944 as his second car, so gets called an Audi! :tease:

grimmy
18-04-08, 09:31 AM
Mines still makes me stop and and admire it.It really is a thing of beauty people still stop me in the street to have a natter about it and it always makes me smile when some of the local kids stop when i am bringing it out of the garage and give me the "Your motor is amazing mister" just wish it was a bit cheaper to run

philbrownmgzs04
18-04-08, 12:47 PM
Must admit had loads of cars over the years but i do get a kick out of my MG,s the ZS is great as an everyday car only had it 2 months but i still cant belive the performance & handling of it handles Far better than my Laguna 2.0l sport and before that a 1.6l Zetec S Focus (must admit these do corner well !!! ). I am now regreting not buying the 180 version but had to keep 'ere in doors sweet to keep the Roadster and a ZS not easy when v max is £1.12 a litre for both motors !. You know what women are like " why do you have to put that in whats wrong with cheap stuff from Asda i use in the clio

zabce
27-04-08, 10:59 AM
ooh, that lovely feeling...
cheers from Macedonias insufficient no.of rover owners ;)