PDA

View Full Version : Interesting trip home the other night

Maxxed_Ross
17-04-08, 12:09 AM
A post on another site has just reminded me about an entertaining trip back from StAndrews the other night.

I had just pulled onto the motorway behind an Astra estate that had been driving me nuts for miles driving like a wally (you know the type, 10mph below the speed limit, braking for EVERY corner ect) so sitting in 5th I pull out and start to go past at a steady speed. I get about level and the wally speeds up... so I speed up a bit and get level again... and he does it again! :shoot2:

I was a bit miffed by this point as getting quicker and still not getting anywhere so I push on and *just* get past as he pull out behind me, litrally mm off my bumper :mad:

Do the usual tap on the brakes, no response. Tap the brake and the fogs - I get a full beam back. Shame wally features was so close I couldn't actually see them! :w00t:

So anyway now sitting at a more respectable 70ish passing a line of traffic, wally still glued to my back end and not getting the hint we reach the end of the line and before I could even think of moving over the Astra almost takes the front off a lorry trying to undertake me... did he not see the V6 badge? Let him get alongside, my girlfriend gives him a little wave as I drop to 4th and leave him totally standing :king:

The end of the story? Oh no!

About 10 mins later he finally catches up as I'm overtaking another line of traffic. On come the full beams again. By this point I'm royally hacked off and decide to have a bit of fun with him. I move over and every time he gets level I scoot forward a little bit then drop back again. Then joy a line of about 7 lorries doing 50 up a hill... so I cruise past them at about... ooo.. 51.5 mph?

Even on the Forth Bridge where traffic was heavy (and it's a 50 zone) he was still there, full beams on glued to my bumper not getting even a slight hint to back off.

Best part? He was going to take the next junction but was so busy trying to annoy me he got totally boxed in between me and 3 other cars! I nearly crashed laughing

dave87
17-04-08, 12:21 AM
i would edit ur post if i were u

Maxxed_Ross
17-04-08, 12:22 AM
better?

stamford
17-04-08, 07:37 AM
It does make you wonder what makes some people tick. If that were me I would have stopped and got out, can't be arsed with knobs like that.

arwilson80
17-04-08, 09:05 AM
Luckily it wasn't the police...

I just let them go on their own merry way TBH. Having fun with them is more hassle than it's worth, and knowing my luck i'd end up with more PP's. :(

Andyf
17-04-08, 09:10 AM
I don't know what is wrong with people, I especially hate it when someone pulls out in front of you or cuts you up and when you flash or toot them rather than apologise they swear at you! At least you had the V6 so made him look like a chump when he tried to pass. Oh, and missing his exit is pure class!

stamford
17-04-08, 12:16 PM
I had some gimp try and carve me up exiting a large round-a-bout onto a motorway. I forced him onto the chevrons, he blazed his horn and lights as if I was in the wrong. I promptly stopped, opened my door, he also stopped and got out walking up to my car. I gave him the bird and drove off leaving the **** standing there in the fast lane being giving stick by the cars behind him, I pissed myself laughing! :laugh:

Another time I was being given hassle by some bellend on a dual carriageway, he wouldn't back off. I knew we were coming up to a contra-flow system, 2 lanes into one etc..................I nipped in at the last minute and all I could see was a heap of tyre smoke and all the traffic cones leaping up into the air, he hit the wall of cones.................bye bye:D

arwilson80
17-04-08, 12:56 PM
Another time I was being given hassle by some bellend on a dual carriageway, he wouldn't back off. I knew we were coming up to a contra-flow system, 2 lanes into one etc..................I nipped in at the last minute and all I could see was a heap of tyre smoke and all the traffic cones leaping up into the air, he hit the wall of cones.................bye bye:D

:evil:

Zedhead
17-04-08, 01:07 PM
I have to say since owning my ZS I have noticed that everyone wants to try and have a go :crazy:

I had a clio before and never really got many people at all wanting to race/play but the ZS does attract a lot of attention from the have-a-go drivers on the road!!

Andyf
17-04-08, 01:50 PM
We did a similar thing to you at work Stamford, we had closed a slip road for a crashed car to be recovered and this bloke about 4 cars back got out and walked over to our car. We shouted at him to get back in his car as it isn't safe to walk around he argued with us and then got in his car. Afew minutes later he was out again, just as recover had finished, so my crewmate said, "watch this i'll make him look a t***" waited till he got to our car then sped off leaving him to run back to his car which was now blocking the other motorists!

Maxxed_Ross
17-04-08, 05:04 PM
some fantastic stories there guys lol