PDA

View Full Version : the new generation of MG?

drroberts490
24-04-08, 11:06 AM
http://newsletter.autoexpress.co.uk/c/1d5lOl2Gb1dEBVDG

arwilson80
24-04-08, 11:15 AM
As a whole it's nice, but the front... :yucky: and the interior would have to be something different.

It's too 'Rover' for an 'MG' IMO. :)

Gazza
24-04-08, 11:58 AM
That does look nice :oldtimer:

Andyf
24-04-08, 12:11 PM
I don't like the headlights but other than that it is quite nice, I love the wheels. Would look nicer with a bit of beefing up I think

philbrownmgzs04
24-04-08, 12:22 PM
:no::no::no looks very average agree with you andy needs beefing up it just looks like a reps car. Not for me at all.

stamford
24-04-08, 12:38 PM
Not a bad effort, the dash looks a bit bland and what is the ignition start fob all about? Looks a bit clumsy but overall not a bad looking car for 'Rover', still has the old mans look about it though.

arwilson80
24-04-08, 12:51 PM
See, i actually like the dash Stamford... all those electronics and bright lights. :)

stamford
24-04-08, 12:54 PM
See, i actually like the dash Stamford... all those electronics and bright lights. :)

Yea, but it's hardly KnightRider is it!

That style of dash works for a concept car or racecar, not some Chinese Rover 75 incarnation, it just don't belong, but that is just my opinion.

arwilson80
24-04-08, 01:07 PM
Well i think it's nicer than that cream interior. It's just too much IMO.

rbull51
24-04-08, 01:45 PM
Well, i did read somewhere that the design of that car was originally made by mg rover just before they went bust. I think it was going to be the next new 'rover 45'. Just before mg rover went bust they were almost ready to introduce this car to the press, but, as we all know it was too little to late!!
Now the chinese are taking all the glory for it.

Smokey
24-04-08, 03:03 PM
its okay I guess, nothing special and probably will end up being tweaked so that the 'new' features are removed to save money!

D3monstrate
24-04-08, 04:26 PM
Read about it in the magazine. Didnt like it at all... Hopefully the MG version will make it a bit more aggressive and stand out, and sort out the front end!

Boot Hill Bandit
24-04-08, 04:49 PM
Yea, but it's hardly KnightRider is it!

More like ShiteRider..........

Jim

Maxfly
24-04-08, 05:21 PM
i like that, would look even better beefed up which i am sure will happen!! the key fob i assume would slid into that hole further when you go to start the car so wouldn't look like that when the motor is running:)

Dan1971
24-04-08, 08:02 PM
Now.....I'm gonna throw the cat amongst the pigeons a bit here, but do we really like the fact that our cars, although we know that they ride handle and go very differently from our rover counterparts, being so closely linked to them that to the untrained amongst us they call our cars Rovers ?

I'd like to see the MG brand being a single entity. I like the TF for example as it's just an MG without a Rover derivitive.

And were we not saying that the Vauxhall was a bit to similar to everything else ?

I like it ... AND the distinctive front end. :devil:

dj_russell
24-04-08, 08:18 PM
i agree i go mad when my dad calls my baby a rover 400. for that to be accepted as an mg it needs to look more aggressive.

dave87
24-04-08, 10:10 PM
my work insurance has my car done as follows:

manufacturer: Rover
model: mg zs 110+

:S might be more to do with the morons that i work with but it does grind on me.

Andyf
25-04-08, 10:10 AM
I don't let it bother me (plus it says 'Rover' on the taillights!) if you don't react and even call it a Rover once or twice yourself they soon get bored. Then they get in to their car that everybody has and is non descript and have a dull journey home while I have grin on my face in my MG. Plus at least people talk about them, no one gives a toss about a Vectra or Golf etc.

sarah
25-04-08, 10:15 AM
not keen on the front tbh. the other bits of it is nice :)

ian zs180
25-04-08, 06:58 PM
Gotta agree with sarah the front end is awful but the rest of the car looks nice

Z Scotland
25-04-08, 08:10 PM
I think its rather nice. It has the look of the Passat about it so the MG should be awsome.:devil: