PDA

View Full Version : Brake Ducting

Boot Hill Bandit
28-04-08, 06:55 PM
It would appear on the track day I have smashed my o/s front foglight........

Is there any point ducting the air from the apperatures to my brakes or am I wasting my time???

Advice, opinions and facts welcome!!!

Jim

stamford
28-04-08, 09:20 PM
If you are going to do alot of track days then yes it will help, but it will also help to allow the heat generated to escape, mk2 vents would be good ;) Cool air in, hot air out.

arwilson80
28-04-08, 09:47 PM
I always fancied some of the brake ducts moulded into the front bumper... that way you keep the fogs as well.

steve
28-04-08, 10:04 PM
jim
wont the water shoot stright on to the discs???

Boot Hill Bandit
28-04-08, 10:24 PM
thanks for the thoughts guys......

Steve.........erm.........not sure dude.........wasn't intending on going through any puddles :laugh: but know what you mean!!!

Jim

RSM - BANNED USER
28-04-08, 10:52 PM
Never had brake fade on tracking a std zs..

I think you have sub std pads on your car or they are stuck on !

George

Boot Hill Bandit
29-04-08, 09:26 AM
Never had brake fade on tracking a std zs..

I think you have sub std pads on your car or they are stuck on !

George

Cheapo pads they must be then G!!! Although in saying that I was easily the last of the late brakers and using them hard......that is me and my driving style I guess.

Ideal thing would be to spend a day with some better drivers like yourself and pick up some knowledge and experience that way.

Shame I have no onboard footage to post up or footage of the day.

Jim

ZS
29-04-08, 10:44 AM
£300 (IIRC) will get you a few hours training from a guy I know that does this sort of thing for a living :)

He recons its the best mod you can do for any car... but then since your paying him, he would! - although saying that its not a bad price if you take into account the cost of hiring the track, the fact its one on one tuition... etc etc:hooray:

Boot Hill Bandit
29-04-08, 11:08 AM
£300 (IIRC) will get you a few hours training from a guy I know that does this sort of thing for a living :)

He recons its the best mod you can do for any car... but then since your paying him, he would! - although saying that its not a bad price if you take into account the cost of hiring the track, the fact its one on one tuition... etc etc:hooray:

I have quite a few very very good racing drivers to turn to for advice and instruction.......one is Alan Wilshire and another is Lee Brett........just need to stop being so flamboyant which I always seem to be........fine for a RWD hot rod I'm sure but not for a FWD low power hot hatch (I would say saloon but I would be lying :D )

Jim