PDA

View Full Version : getting close to a 180

chriszs180
25-07-07, 10:13 PM
looked at another one today 180 hatch in black with a red and black 1/2 leather interier liked it a lot only 17000 miles on a 54 plate
they are looking for
£6700 with 1 years road tax if i get it before the end of the month
or
£6700 with 6th months tax if i wait until the end of august...

going to push for the august one with 1 year tax

the car is spot on all very clean no marks but........

one of the side body kit bits needs re cliping on why they havent done this them self i dont know

and the rear bumber has had a small bump (no damage just a scratch that a quick blow over will cover up but the rear bumper is off its clip above the wheel arch mine is the same as i bashed mine into something as well
so this seems like a fault the mk2 has im sure a bit of tlc will get it back ok
any one else had troble with the rear bumper.

i really like this one but dont want to end up with a dogs dinner.......

sod it shall i just get it.........
:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:: wacko::wacko:

sduk
25-07-07, 10:20 PM
sounds good mate, i really hope you get a ZS soon and stick around :)

my bumper on my 110 hangs low, like the clips are slack/bent, you dont notice it too much, is that what you mean?

hope you get it, got any pics?

stamford
25-07-07, 10:22 PM
One day it will be a sought after model, you have to buy one, just make sure you are happy with the car and the price you intend to pay. In real terms the price is down to what you are willing to pay and if depreciation bothers you, then you wouldn't be on these forums would you! :smile2:

Good luck.

arwilson80
25-07-07, 10:23 PM
Seems quite reasonable to me...

If it's a trade sale i'd make them leave it straight for you RE the side skirt and bumper, and haggle for the Aug tax..... If it's private they are probably gonna tell you to take it or leave it, but they should be reasonably easy (and cheap) to fix.

chriszs180
25-07-07, 10:26 PM
yaeh just hands off awhite clip on the side and if you look at the curve under the boot area it gets a small crack there dont think its to bad just take off and stenthen with a bit of filler and refit but a pain anyway

oh by the way i have got a zs just want a 180:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

shroonie29
25-07-07, 10:28 PM
Forget depreciation,all you will have is appreciation for MGR.They produced one of the best all round front driver cars off the time :).On a shoe string budget too

Shroon

Leasky
25-07-07, 10:31 PM
sounds great go for it

stamford
26-07-07, 06:23 AM
Forget depreciation,all you will have is appreciation for MGR.They produced one of the best all round front driver cars off the time :).On a shoe string budget too

Shroon

:beer2: well said Shroonie! Mine has dropped in price when I bought mine some years ago and you know what? I really don't care now as I intend to keep it a very long time. What else gives you all this in such a great package?

A truly underrated, under estimated car the ZS is. :super:

MGSilver
26-07-07, 07:32 AM
When I was looking to sell mine I went to a couple of Garages who said that the ZS is losing £250 a month in depreciation and that in about 10 months time my car would be worthless, most of them said that there is no demand for them especially the 180 and that you cannot get hold of the parts.

I had to put them straight saying that there are a number of forums catering just for the ZS so they are in demand and that there are a number of companies out there specializing in MGR Parts, that's the point I told them to stick it.

Just glad that my situation changed for the better which allowed me to keep my car.

Glen290
26-07-07, 10:26 AM

Shroon

Go Shroonie, in full backing of this comment, so go out and buy one..sooner rather than later.

garythesnail
26-07-07, 06:30 PM
:beer2: well said Shroonie! Mine has dropped in price when I bought mine some years ago and you know what? I really don't care now as I intend to keep it a very long time. What else gives you all this in such a great package?

A truly underrated, under estimated car the ZS is. :super:

I'm in the same position. I bought the car new for £14,500 when I could have bought a Civic TypeR (over £16k and no bloody air-con), Mondeo ST220 (new for £15,300 - bargain!), Leon Cupra 180bhp (don't know how much, really didn't like it), but chose the ZS as it was a better drive. I knew at the time that I was going to get a clobbering on depreciation, but, similar to you, I really don't see me getting rid of it..........and it's got 56k miles on the clock at 27 months old.

I justify the heavy depreciation by comparing to a BMW 325, about 30k new at the time I bought it. I know the ZS will NEVER lose more than £14,500. The BMW can lose that much again.

This is the best car I've owned for sheer driving pleasure, it remains to be seen if it can last in one piece as well as my 1999 400diesel. I am keen to have a good go at Mrs. Snail's Impreza WRX 2.5 after it's run-in, it's a lot quicker than her old 2.0 WRX.

All the best,

Gary.