PDA

View Full Version : What do you think to this?

john180
26-07-07, 09:11 AM
Just found this on auto trader.

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_popup.jsp?searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=block&sort=3&hassearched=Y&make=MG&min_pr=75&source=0&model=ZS&max_pr=&miles=1500&agerange=&mileage=&postcode=yo17+7ju&variant=&bodyid=2&trim=&fuelid=2&colour=&transmissionid=0&keywords=&ukcarsearch_full.x=36&ukcarsearch_full.y=14&start=3&distance=154&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200730292096273

I'm looking for zs at the mo. I was looking for a 120 due to the fact there seems to be mre available from ptp in the way of dual exits etc etc. This is the derv but what are they like??? do they sound like tractors? are they slower than the 120? Obviously they are going to be better on fuel. I know it doesnt have the original wheels but that can soon be sorted. Also whats the price like for the mileage/condition etc??

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

John

MGZS55
26-07-07, 09:15 AM
Quite like that TBH. Wheels are ok too and I wouldn't be dissappointed if I had to hold on to them for a while. Nice clean looking car inside and out

john180
26-07-07, 09:17 AM
Quite like that TBH. Wheels are ok too and I wouldn't be dissappointed if I had to hold on to them for a while. Nice clean looking car inside and out

Yeah it does look in good nick. I Just prefer to keep things pretty much original if you know what i mean...

arwilson80
26-07-07, 09:29 AM
Looks nice, but don't know much about the derv so can't help you there. Sorry. Wheels look OK, so wouldn't worry about them. :)

Does seem a little overpriced, but derv models are always more than the petrol ones.

john180
26-07-07, 09:38 AM
Looks nice, but don't know much about the derv so can't help you there. Sorry. Wheels look OK, so wouldn't worry about them. :)

Does seem a little overpriced, but derv models are always more than the petrol ones.

Nah it would have to have the standard wheels back i think - those are abit to bling a ding ding for me lol, might go and have a look at it.

Where are our derv owners when we need em lol

arwilson80
26-07-07, 09:41 AM
Out fixing them...? :joker:

john180
26-07-07, 09:42 AM
Out fixing them...? :joker:

pmsl!! dont scare me :blink:

Boot Hill Bandit
26-07-07, 09:42 AM
130bhp with 'scrapyard' mods iirc.........and more if you want to spend a little money.

Think its worth it mate..........that looks nice. Have to wait for Turbozed to show up though to get the run down on tuning.

Jim

john180
26-07-07, 09:45 AM
130bhp with 'scrapyard' mods iirc.........and more if you want to spend a little money.

Think its worth it mate..........that looks nice. Have to wait for Turbozed to show up though to get the run down on tuning.

Jim

yeah i know they are quite good to tune etc.

I'm just worried its gonna sound like a tractor in the cabin. If they are i'd rather have the petrol but this seems like a nice car.

Glen290
26-07-07, 10:16 AM
Looks really nice, like those wheels too, look pretty good on a silver model.

:morepics:

john180
26-07-07, 11:11 AM
i really wanted a blue or black one but silver does look good in those pics

stamford
26-07-07, 12:39 PM
Is it me or is that exhaust very long?

RalphG
26-07-07, 12:44 PM
The problem with those wheels is that they appear to be 7J, whereas the standard wheels are 7.5J. Therefore they are inset further into the wheel arches.

We had another silver ZS in our workshop that was fitted with black wheels, which also looked good but again they were 7Js. The new owner has now fitted the standard wheels to the car.

john180
26-07-07, 12:46 PM
Is it me or is that exhaust very long?

I think thats maybe coz it has a cheap extention thing on it lol.

The problem with those wheels is that they appear to be 7J, whereas the standard wheels are 7.5J. Therefore they are inset further into the wheel arches.

We had another silver ZS in our workshop that was fitted with black wheels, which also looked good but again they were 7Js. The new owner has now fitted the standard wheels to the car.

Another reason why i would like to take it back to standard - at least i know the right stuff is being used.

Z Scotland
26-07-07, 06:59 PM
You can't go far wrong with diesel 50 mpg for starter .I had 1 years ago for private hire and in two yrs all i did was oil, filters and tyres (50000 mls)
and maybe a set of pads it never let me down.

Boot Hill Bandit
26-07-07, 08:25 PM
John.....

Just buy it if you like it bud! No car is ever going to be perfect and once you have it you can take some pride in putting it right. Judging by the fantastic friendly atmosphere here I am sure any niggles can be sorted out which mostly sound to me to be 'time' rather than money.

Invest in a cat back system for a fit and forget approach for at least 3 or 4 years......

See if you can get your car onto a 4 post lift one weekend and clean off the underside of the car and get it painted in underbodyseal it will save you worrying about that rust taking hold and it will even drown some roadnoise out.

To clean the car off properly I would use a light brush and 'truckwash' to get the worst off and then being carefull and working in small sections use white spirit or similar to remove any 'grease' film and original underseal.........there is some method in my madness..........to get back to the original paint finish........when you are there you can see any 'rust' affected areas that need attention first........after that you can put the underseal on.

Reason for all that..........my mk2 Fiesta 1.1 I had as a first car I wanted to fit a tow bar on.........so I had to clean a patch off to get metal to metal........I ended up getting carried away with doing the whole boot floor section and painting in hammerite. Needless to say on checking this part out frequently it was immaculate whereas the rest of the underside was not.

Sure some 'restorers' on here might have some better advice (Stamford??) but its worth doing if you want to keep the car and avoid problems later.

Jim

john180
31-07-07, 08:51 PM
cheers for the info matey!!

also just found this one... http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_popup.jsp?searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=none&sort=5&hassearched=Y&make=MG&min_pr=75&source=0&model=ZS&max_pr=&miles=1500&agerange=&mileage=&postcode=yo17+7ju&variant=&bodyid=0&trim=&fuelid=0&colour=&transmissionid=0&keywords=&ukcarsearch_full.x=31&ukcarsearch_full.y=16&start=2&distance=63&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200729106047637

im in love again.....