PDA

View Full Version : Time for a rant

mrt_04
16-05-08, 04:52 PM
Hi All
Back to normal mode & time for a rant.
Driving back home last night from work, departed LHR T3 @ 22:00ish and our wonderful road agency decided to do some engineering works on the M25....fine have no problems with that on a quietish night (if there is such a thing on the M25). However, what the numpty did & I mean one numpty. Where the M3 converges with the M25 South, there is normally 6 lanes (nearly a Freeway!!!), the roads agency decided to reduce to one lane!!!! via cones & overhead warning signs.
Having queued up for 45mins, with the normal muppets trying to `push in`, made it (and I quote Spandau Ballet) through the barricades!!!!, only to find numpty x 1 smoking a fag laughing at motorists, with the coned area covering 20yds at the most until the cones stopped & opened up to a four lane M25 again..........which t*at is responsible for this...........rant over........probably happening again tonight, when I require the KV6 `Dylithium Crystals` to be at full belt Scotty to make last orders!!!!!

Andyf
17-05-08, 10:36 AM
Sounds like a bit of over kill unless they had finished what they were doing and taking the closure off?
I hate those tw*ts who ignore the lane closure then force their way in at the end. If they merged earlier then the traffic would flow through nicely instead of jamming up.

mrt_04
17-05-08, 12:18 PM
Quite agree Andy.....mostly cabbie's leaving LHR for Surrey / London.
Left earlier last night & made last orders at local!!!! :smile1:

SharronB
17-05-08, 12:20 PM
What annoys me is when the lanes are coned off and no one is working on the frigging roads, they dont even have any machinery there :rant:

They are probably hiding behind the hedges laughing their c*cks off :laugh:

mrt_04
17-05-08, 12:27 PM
Also, just driven into work for late shift.....CARAVANS.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhh????, weekend drivers ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......sorry !!!!:rant:

SharronB
17-05-08, 12:37 PM
CARAVANS.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhh????, weekend drivers ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......sorry !!!!:rant:

Also getting stuck behind tractors and JCBs, and where we live frigging sheep and cows being moved from field to field :rant:

mrt_04
17-05-08, 12:40 PM
Dead slow Horse boxes with minging drivers !!!!!!:spank:

stamford
17-05-08, 06:11 PM
:hmmm: never get those problems in the states, god I wish I was still there!

mrt_04
17-05-08, 06:17 PM
Hiya Mick..............how's the jetlag???? :wave:

sarah
17-05-08, 07:11 PM
i just hate frigging cones full stop!!

:D

mrt_04
17-05-08, 08:14 PM
I dont mind the sandwich type ice cream holders, but yeah no fan of cones, except biting the bottom bit of!!!! :spidey:

sarah
17-05-08, 08:18 PM
:D lmao!

when my mum had her frontera she used to road rage with cones and knock them over with her bars on the front of car, typical woman screwing her car up! :slap:

mrt_04
17-05-08, 08:20 PM
Good for her Sarah. I guess the Frontera had another excuss for a gearbox failure!!!!! :cool2:

sarah
17-05-08, 08:25 PM
actually she had to part wi'it due to the petrol tank.
my step father borrowed it for the day to go up to yorkshire, filled the tank full to top. half way there started the problems, so he pulled over and it were leaking petrol, so after being towed home, he ditched it and bought a (new at the time) vauxhall astra 1997..sold that after 5months of owning it got a fiat punto :slap:

he said "i dont know my problem with cars" i replied "you're problem is you keep buying vauxhalls, and now a fiat"

:rofl:

mrt_04
17-05-08, 08:31 PM
vauxhall, then fiat OMG. Still there's me commenting with an MG!!!!

Are you off out tonight or feet up with telly on. Me, I am at work on late shift again & tomorrow I'm afraid. :rant:

sarah
17-05-08, 08:32 PM
im in tonight hun, the other half has gone to fetch his bro from the airport. so im listening to my music with a glass of malibu n coke :D

mrt_04
17-05-08, 08:34 PM
Ohh, very nice. I am dealing with yet again more problems at T5!!!!!.never ending story :judge:

sarah
17-05-08, 08:35 PM
aww.

just put you're feet up and a cold beer :)

mrt_04
17-05-08, 08:38 PM
I will do when I get home. Just about to pack-up & depart actually. Back in tomorrow morning 11:00.
Hope to speak soon Sarah, take care hun....Mike :smartass:

sarah
17-05-08, 08:39 PM
see you hun x

arwilson80
17-05-08, 09:26 PM
I had to follow 2 tractors and a combine this morning... and 180Ps and V6 come in handy. :evil:

Then there were some of those people who deliberately try and jump the queue and force in... not with me they didn't.

Andyf
19-05-08, 01:04 PM
Some inconsiderate tw*t nearly hit us head on last night as he came round a blind bend half on our side of the road. Luckily my wife was close to the nearside otherwise we'd have hit, also my wife had no time to react so didn't swerve and put us in to the trees. What the hell is wrong with people? If we had hit by wife would have taken the main brunt of the impact as she was driving, we were doing about 40mph he must have been doing about 50 - 55. With a closing speed of around 90mph I would have fancied our chances.

mrt_04
19-05-08, 01:13 PM
Totally ridiculous driving Andy, but glad to hear you guys are ok. There are some w*nk**s driving.
I was driving home from work last night, on A22 through Nutley 30mph limit, some *wa* in a chavved up Ford Esort 1.nothing tried to overtake me on blind corner in a very nice village with a 30mph limit. He didnt, as along came a family towing the usual bloody caravan, but could have been carnage.

I must admit, I have in the past reported to police **** & dangerous drivers via the non-emergency number, but I have never had any feedback :spank:

Andyf
19-05-08, 01:21 PM
People never cease to amaze me, it's always the innocent people involved who get hurt, the scum that cause it walk away. They are like cockroaches, they will survive anything.
If you call in a careless driving incident then unless they get another person call in as well they just put out observations for the vehicle and leave it at that.

arwilson80
19-05-08, 01:24 PM
Yeah (Andy), the number of idiots that i have seen passing on blind bends and crests is absolutely ludicrious.

TBH in a 'teach them a lesson' kind of way i kind of hope they meet a '40 Tonner' coming the opposite way and they almost have a 'heart attack'!

Andyf
19-05-08, 02:15 PM
That's what I thought, or one of those massive mobile crane things!

mrt_04
19-05-08, 07:02 PM
Running late tonight for work & ended up following a cabbie doing 10mph through the tunnels into LHR...........Ahhhhhhhhhh, any other day would have been fine, but switched alarm clock off during this afternoon's siesta!!!!! :shutup:

SharronB
20-05-08, 08:10 AM
On the way to Carlisle last month we came across a 3 car pile-up, 2 of the cars were on fire and the 3rd was unrecognisable.
Turns out a 22y old lad had been drink driving. He died in the fireball , 2 others escaped from the other burning car and a family of 4 were wiped out in the badly smashed up car.

That total waste of life! all because he had been on the lash all afternoon and he was off to see his girlfriend. B*****d !

sarah
20-05-08, 08:19 AM
B******s!!!

some people just dont think about others on the road, im sure they think its just themselves driving. :angry:

philbrownmgzs04
20-05-08, 08:27 AM
Running late tonight for work & ended up following a cabbie doing 10mph through the tunnels into LHR...........Ahhhhhhhhhh, any other day would have been fine, but switched alarm clock off during this afternoon's siesta!!!!! :shutup:

Cabbie doing 10mph that's a novelty. Here in 'uddersfield taxi drivers have a different set of driving laws to the rest of us. ie drive at all times 20mph above speed limit, overtaking on blind bends compulsory, don't slow down for roundabouts, park on double yellow lines etc etc. Funny local plod never see much of this.

SharronB
20-05-08, 08:28 AM
But the ironic thing was that our minibus turned up early (girls nite out) but 2 lasses were running late, and we arrived 5 mins after the crash so i dread to think what could have happened if we had set of when we should have.

Needless to say we bought them 2 lasses very large drinks when we got there !

sarah
20-05-08, 08:30 AM
Cabbie doing 10mph that's a novelty. Here in 'uddersfield taxi drivers have a different set of driving laws to the rest of us. ie drive at all times 20mph above speed limit, overtaking on blind bends compulsory, don't slow down for roundabouts, park on double yellow lines etc etc. Funny local plod never see much of this.

Manchester is the same, im up there quite alot and they drive like maniacs, their speed limit must be like 60mph+.

last time i were up there id witnessed a road rage incident, this guy in a bmw had set upon a delivery guy all just because the bmw guy didnt get his own way as he had cut across the lane :slap:

not safe these days.

arwilson80
20-05-08, 08:40 AM
Speed limits aren't someones 'previous best' then? :whistle:

sarah
20-05-08, 08:43 AM
manchester is terrible, everyone drives way to fast. and its known for its speeding offences.

philbrownmgzs04
20-05-08, 08:43 AM
:rant:Your right Sarah its not safe you have to be so careful on the roads i see bad driving all the time the worst one I've seen recently was on the M62 the other day i was doing 80ish in the outside lane in line of traffic and i was overtaken on the OUTSIDE by a motorbike couldn't believe it this guy must have had a death wish. I would have reported him but he was off like a flash and then to cap it all he UNDERTOOK car in front of me.

sarah
20-05-08, 08:48 AM
:rant:Your right Sarah its not safe you have to be so careful on the roads i see bad driving all the time the worst one I've seen recently was on the M62 the other day i was doing 80ish in the outside lane in line of traffic and i was overtaken on the OUTSIDE by a motorbike couldn't believe it this guy must have had a death wish. I would have reported him but he was off like a flash and then to cap it all he UNDERTOOK car in front of me.

:wacko:

you see motor cyclists think they can get away with doing that, being on 2 wheels and being able to get in between traffic, BUT they cant because isnt it motor cyclists who have most the accidents? and they say on that "advertisement" take longer to look for motor cyclists, they dont say that when they overtake you at silly speed!!

just last week, over here there were 3 motor cyclists who had lost their lives, one through dangerous driving smashed into a wall, the 2nd had caused an accident in the high street and the 3rd had fell of his bike through being clever by driving inbetween a lorry and a car, he'd lost control of the bike smacked into the lorry........!!!!!! :rant:

SharronB
20-05-08, 09:03 AM
Some bikers think they are above the law

philbrownmgzs04
20-05-08, 09:08 AM
Having said that i was out in the MGB a couple of weekends ago on a run through the Snake Pass(between Sheffield & Manchester) saw loads of bikers driving to the speed limits on what is a notorious bad accident area so like everything else there's good & bad. Then of course there are WHITE VAN DRIVERS no rules what so ever

sarah
20-05-08, 09:12 AM
Having said that i was out in the MGB a couple of weekends ago on a run through the Snake Pass(between Sheffield & Manchester) saw loads of bikers driving to the speed limits on what is a notorious bad accident area so like everything else there's good & bad. Then of course there are WHITE VAN DRIVERS no rules what so ever

my fella is a white van man but seriously he drives sensibly, even if he wanted to he couldnt go fast his van has no breaks, he has over 70 parcels so you imagine the weight on the back of the van?

but yeah some round my way, white van drivers are c0cks! (sorry)
its like they are blind to pedestrians, as they just pull up on pavement, or in a bus lane and faff around!

philbrownmgzs04
20-05-08, 09:21 AM
No doubt Taxi Drivers Bikers & White Van drivers all say the same about ZS owners. As we say in Yorkshire Thar's nowt queer' er than folk ! Better do some work now or maybe have a coffee.

arwilson80
20-05-08, 10:47 AM

I have to agree... the riding of the bikers going to the NW200 last week was very good. Most of them were driving to the speed limit, and generally being good (no stupid stuff).

my fella is a white van man but seriously he drives sensibly, even if he wanted to he couldnt go fast his van has no breaks, he has over 70 parcels so you imagine the weight on the back of the van?

No brakes (:p)... He shouldn't even be given that van. I think you maybe mean very poor brakes. ;)

sarah
20-05-08, 10:56 AM
well yeah poor brakes!

a few weeks ago one of the delivery guys had an accident due to the poor vans they are given, the police went to the depot and had all the vans checked over, most of them needed new tyres, new windscreen wipers and new brakes!!

death trap they are, and the boss had to get mechanics in etc that nigth and fix them, they didnt do Andys or one of the other drivers van, he isnt staying there long anyway he's leaving.

Andyf
21-05-08, 06:52 PM
I hate motorcyclists (well most of them) they ride like tw*ts and have no regard for traffic laws. One the other other day was doing about 60 to 70 in a 30 (from the skid mark he left) when an MG TF pulled out infront of him. He hit the back of it, his bike went flying as did he - right over the car. Luckily it was a convertable otherwise he would be dead. He did break his back and may not walk again however. It was all on CCTV which was interesting to watch.

sarah
21-05-08, 07:00 PM
I hate motorcyclists (well most of them) they ride like tw*ts and have no regard for traffic laws. One the other other day was doing about 60 to 70 in a 30 (from the skid mark he left) when an MG TF pulled out infront of him. He hit the back of it, his bike went flying as did he - right over the car. Luckily it was a convertable otherwise he would be dead. He did break his back and may not walk again however. It was all on CCTV which was interesting to watch.

Thats how my uncle died just like that! :(

but he wasnt speeding he was doing the limit down a country lane, just giving his bike some fresh air then out pulls a renault clio doesnt stop to see my uncle and BAM! my uncle's head hit the drivers window crushing into his spine, he then flipped over the car and then rolled down the road a few times. and yet he had all his leathers on but what good were they? he died on impact.

the driver of the clio turned out to be someone on the run and under the influence, my uncle was 34 when he died, he had everything in life he didnt deserve that, and you know what happened with the clio driver? yeah he got a poxty fine and a slap on the wrist what complete ******* ******!!! :rant: :cry:

SharronB
22-05-08, 08:47 AM
Thats really bad sarah! is that what someones life is worth ! a poxy fine.
Should of arranged someone to take the driver out :shoot2: (am joking)

sarah
22-05-08, 08:54 AM
well myself and family could not believe he walked away with nothing, and as my aunty said he walked away from court with a smile on his face...what a smug ******!

SharronB
22-05-08, 08:59 AM
They usually are like that , show no remorse at all for what they've done. what goes around comes around

sarah
22-05-08, 09:02 AM
so true hun.

he really was a top bloke :)

SharronB
22-05-08, 10:16 AM
I know this is :offtopic: but what about them two b*****ds who starved to death that poor little girl in brum ! Just let the public at them

sarah
22-05-08, 10:21 AM
its happening all the more hun, first that girl who's mum planned her dissapearance, then that wicked dad who kept his daughter and her kids in a cellar and now this?

im disgusted at these people, what posses them? the sick ******* for even thinking about it! :rant:

SharronB
22-05-08, 10:25 AM
Wouldnt surprise me if they just got a fine , but they will have to watch their backs in prison , anything to do with kids the other prisoners will have them .

sarah
22-05-08, 10:29 AM
oh yeah without a doubt they would get them and i have to say let them, they deserve every hurt they can get as thats what these monsters have done to kids.

SharronB
22-05-08, 10:32 AM
No doubt the fracking pc brigade will say their human rights have been breeched. Them lot need to go and take a running jump as well !

sarah
22-05-08, 10:41 AM
No doubt the fracking pc brigade will say their human rights have been breeched. Them lot need to go and take a running jump as well !

:punk: strong post my dear lol.

Andyf
22-05-08, 03:00 PM
Some idiot flashed me and waved his arms around as I was doing 30 in a 30 limit on my way to work this morning. He then cut me up at a roundabout as he used the wrong lane! I saw he had a logo on the side of his car so followed him to see what it was so I could ring his company and tell them about the way he drives their vehicle. Anyway he saw me following so pulled over, stopped and got out. I stopped behind him, he asked what my problem was and I asked him what he was doing flashing me for doing 30 in a 30 and he was really apologetic and admitted he was wrong. He had clocked I was in my uniform but with a jacket on so was nice as pie! He then shook my hand and left!

sarah
22-05-08, 03:03 PM
i bet he felt a right noob when he seen you in you're uniform?

but still shouldn't of done it. :)

dave87
22-05-08, 03:05 PM
i had the same muppet driving last night when i was doing 30. I just let him get on with being annoyed and drove on at 25(30 is a limit not a target lol). This guy was in a works car aswell actually its amazing how not owning a vehicle will change peoples driving

Andyf
22-05-08, 03:05 PM
I couldn't believe he flashed me, I was about 25 yards from the nationals and had to go round a 90 degree bend you can do much more that 30 round anyway!

sarah
22-05-08, 03:08 PM
bossy people about these days.

arwilson80
22-05-08, 09:48 PM
I saw a guy flashing the lights at a VW Golf one morning... They pulled over and let him past, only to pull right back out behind him and put on the 'blues'. I was an unmarked traffic branch car. :) :slap:

stamford
23-05-08, 07:45 AM
I saw a guy flashing the lights at a VW Golf one morning... They pulled over and let him past, only to pull right back out behind him and put on the 'blues'. I was an unmarked traffic branch car. :) :slap:

Fools, serves them right! I can't believe some drivers do that, unless someone is hogging the lane at a very slow and dangerous speed whilst others are clear. I always check the unmarked varieties, most are obvious, extra aerials, extra mirrors and sometimes you can clock items behind the grills and on the rear parcel shelf.

However, if you are behaving then why worry.

Andyf
23-05-08, 11:52 AM
Our unmarked car sticks out like a sore thumb, there aren't many Vectra's with twin exhausts, xenons, blue brake callipers and a 'V6 turbo' badge on the boot! Plus now that the big silver part of the grille fell off at high speed it is even more obvious!

stamford
23-05-08, 12:17 PM
Sounds a bit chavvy that Andy!

Andyf
23-05-08, 12:36 PM
Yeah, it's all standard though! I think the brakes are from the VXR so are blue and it is a V6 turbo, hense the badge! I know one or two officers who drive with the front fogs on to make it less obvious!

stamford
23-05-08, 12:45 PM
What a boring life, having drive dullard panda cars around!

Andyf
23-05-08, 01:07 PM
The pandas are 1.3 turbo diesel Astras! The Vectras are nice cars and very very quick!

arwilson80
23-05-08, 01:08 PM
Any W8 VW Bora's? They have a few of them here...

They would have Audi RS4's but they can't get the VAT back on them.

Andyf
23-05-08, 01:24 PM
I wish! our petrol Vectra's are being replaced with 3.0 diesels that are very slow and struggle to get to 120. We will be stuck with Vauxhalls as it is too expensive to change to another manufacturer. Also they seem to think the public wouldn't want to see us in Volvo's or BMW's. We should be getting the new Insignia but have brought a big load of diesel Vectras to keep us going for a while. If you write off a petrol Vectra you will not be popular!!
I want to go to Essex police on their interceptor team and drive one of these!

http://a308.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/28/l_3624e5739d491c9a05d65dd351aad2d3.jpg

sarah
23-05-08, 01:26 PM
i thought unmarked police cars were black volvo's? :whistle:

they are around here!

mrt_04
23-05-08, 06:54 PM
M25 officers using Volvo's & Jags!!!!!!! :cool2:

sarah
23-05-08, 07:00 PM
Volvo's mainly here, see a black one its time to crap it lol :D

mrt_04
23-05-08, 07:17 PM
Right time for a major rant!!!!!!!!!!!!

Driving to work this late afternoon for nightshift, Bank Holiday traffic & all that (and yes working nights over Bank Holiday weekend & it's going to rain....heheheh :laugh:)
Anyway......this afternoon I had to follow on a narrow A road with limited overtaking a........... BLOODY STEAM TRACTION ENGINE`.........hissing & pi**ing all over the ZS..........pleaseeeeee.
What the hell were they thinking. It's Bank Hoilday Friday traffic, I know shall we go for a spin in Trevor the Traction engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............loads of frustrated drivers behind me

Then:

After final overtaking the `bonfire on wheels`, got stuck behing a p*key trannie van full of old c*ap.............AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Then of the M25 to LHR............marvellous!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay:........ .....trimming on the cake!!!!!!!!!

Now at work, calm & collected :gathering:

sarah
23-05-08, 07:20 PM
Right time for a major rant!!!!!!!!!!!!

Driving to work this late afternoon for nightshift, Bank Holiday traffic & all that (and yes working nights over Bank Holiday weekend & it's going to rain....heheheh :laugh:)
Anyway......this afternoon I had to follow on a narrow A road with limited overtaking a........... BLOODY STEAM TRACTION ENGINE`.........hissing & pi**ing all over the ZS..........pleaseeeeee.
What the hell were they thinking. It's Bank Hoilday Friday traffic, I know shall we go for a spin in Trevor the Traction engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............loads of frustrated drivers behind me

Then:

After final overtaking the `bonfire on wheels`, got stuck behing a p*key trannie van full of old c*ap.............AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Then of the M25 to LHR............marvellous!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay:........ .....trimming on the cake!!!!!!!!!

Now at work, calm & collected :gathering:

:wall: im glad your calm now hun, hate people being stressed out.

mrt_04
23-05-08, 07:23 PM
Thank you Sarah. My Control Room is a calm oasis!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

arwilson80
23-05-08, 08:43 PM
Scooby's, Evo's, VW R32's, Lancer Estate... you just about name it. The police here have 'em.