PDA

View Full Version : Bird Poo + Car Paint =

KevG
18-05-08, 09:01 PM
....burnt clear coat :mad:, gods knows what the birds are feeding there young but it certainly burns the clear coat:mad:, I hate this time of year when the vermin known as starlings are feeding there young, and what they produce really is a right pain, so, to top it off I now have 2 patches on the bonnet where the top coat is burnt and no amount of Scratch X will take it out:mad:, so, I need to go to my mates and get the bonnet machine polished to remove this.

:mad::mad:RANT OVER:mad::mad:

mrt_04
18-05-08, 09:03 PM
Acid for blood Kev....breeding Aliens near you I guess!!!!!!!!!! :noexpression:

Steves Cleenz
18-05-08, 09:09 PM
it will ned to be wet flatted first with something like 2000 grit wet and dry, them machined polished, but depending on how bad it has eaten into the paint it might need to be resprayed, this is why its always good to keep a little polish or even window cleaner in your car, so when a bird does crap on your car get it of ASAP

by the way Kev scratch X isnt corse enough to rid of this, will be better of using proper Tcut

Maxfly
18-05-08, 09:15 PM
tell me about it, mine was strafed last week by a squadron of gulls:pileofpoo:, have managed to polish most the marks out but can still see some in certain lights. gonna get a hawk as a pet i think:guns:

Mat C
18-05-08, 09:55 PM
All birds should be turned into cat food. Flying little fu##ers do my head in.

Jem
18-05-08, 10:26 PM
Talk about seagulls

We live near the seaside im about 10minutes away from the seafront so where i am my car hardly gets splatted

But when i see my parents who live near the sea its car cleaning time,Many times ive washed my car at my parents and ive gone in their house come back and my car is splatted

SharronB
18-05-08, 10:44 PM
know what you mean, had a big splodge of bird crap on the bonnet and does'nt matter how much ya clean and wax it , it's still there , a 3" mark on the paintwork the ******** lol :rant:

Maxxed_Ross
19-05-08, 05:28 AM
I'm the same where I live, the birds use the gap between the houses as a flight path and almost every morning it had 2 or 3 splats on it!

sarah
19-05-08, 06:27 AM
know what you mean, had a big splodge of bird crap on the bonnet and does'nt matter how much ya clean and wax it , it's still there , a 3" mark on the paintwork the ******** lol :rant:

yep!

Andy had this problem last weekend, bird shoite right on bonnet, he washed it then polished it but you can still see it faintly. :slap:

mattie007
19-05-08, 06:30 PM
Why do they always do it when you've just spend hours cleaning your car???????????????????????? :sneaky:

JIMZS180
19-05-08, 06:35 PM
yep!

Andy had this problem last weekend, bird shoite right on bonnet, he washed it then polished it but you can still see it faintly. :slap:

Dat shoite can be a problem...so it can!!!!

arwilson80
19-05-08, 09:36 PM
Seagulls => Sh**e Hawks.... :)

D3monstrate
20-05-08, 12:41 AM
Is it just me, or have they been shiting a lot more on cars this year compared to others? Every day my car seems to be crapped on, then I wash it off, and they do it again! Not to mention all the hire cars we get back are always covered in it too

Maxxed_Ross
20-05-08, 05:40 AM
because we've been feeding them all winter there's nore of them about probably!