PDA

View Full Version : look what I finally got!

Maxxed_Ross
25-05-08, 10:55 AM
After much searching...

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/bcf3/DSC00098.jpg

this will be the finishing touch to my new blue centre console I think... far too vauable to have it on the outside that's for sure! :happy:

stamford
25-05-08, 10:59 AM
I take it they are a rare item them?

Not much to it, could be made if enough demand, only cnc'd aluminium plate, an effective add-on nonetheless.

Maxxed_Ross
25-05-08, 11:01 AM
uber uber rare mate, it's the alloy badge at the base of the SV-R's carbon vents

there are reproductions out there but this is the real deal

Glen290
25-05-08, 05:30 PM
I take it they are a rare item them?

Not much to it, could be made if enough demand, only cnc'd aluminium plate, an effective add-on nonetheless.

Does that mean you can make some, if so put my name on the list !!:-D:-D

stamford
25-05-08, 07:30 PM
Does that mean you can make some, if so put my name on the list !!:-D:-D

I can't make them as I was of the old school, pre-cnc machines, i.e handraulic! But I do know some people that can, I have a few suppliers that I use.

In order for me to enquire I would need a pattern part to copy.

Glen290
25-05-08, 07:31 PM
cmon ross send it over to stamford !!

stamford
25-05-08, 07:39 PM
Or at least the dimensions in mms so that I can scale a copy and use the font from pictures etc.

Maxxed_Ross
26-05-08, 06:01 AM
How could I make a mould of it?

stamford
26-05-08, 09:32 AM
If people were serious about wanting copies, then we need the dimensions of the block, distance of font from border of block then I can scale the fonts used to suit. Next time I talk to one of my engineering suppliers I'll email him that photo posted and see what information he'll require to enable the lettering to be reproduced.

*edit*

Having looked at the photo again it looks like the XPOWER bit is stamped and the lower text machined. The lower text is done by a small diameter cutter whereas the XPOWER part has very little radii in each letter.

Maxxed_Ross
26-05-08, 11:40 AM
is that a good or a bad thing?

stamford
26-05-08, 12:39 PM
If the XPOWER part was to be machined, then it would require a larger radius in each corner of the letter, so it may not look right imo.