PDA

View Full Version : xpower exhaust stickers

drroberts490
03-06-08, 02:22 PM
hi, i have just bought a janspeed exhaust and wondered if any one knew where i could get one of the heat resistent xpower stickers from, i know these were fitted to the original janspeed xpower exhausts and i think they are a nice finishing touch. thanks for any help guys.

Dave

rbull51
03-06-08, 04:20 PM
I did buy a x-power exhaust for mine and it had the x-power logo on it which looked very good. But a piece flaked off and i decided to polish the rest of the logo off as it didnt look good. If you can get a replacement sticker, i want one aswell....

Mat C
03-06-08, 04:31 PM
It's not a sticker, it's some kind of etching on it with a finish layered on. A sticker would melt.

Boot Hill Bandit
03-06-08, 04:37 PM
Janspeed seem to be doing a mighty fine job of producing sub standard performance bits at the moment. Dunno why but it's true.......manifolds welded by monkeys.......not very neat welded exhausts........etching that falls off.........plus Piper exhausts are cheaper and a much higher quality.

I do believe Wilko66 found a sticker that has replaced his and is lasting well.........might want to PM him or leave a note in the EMS Ltd section?

Jim

Mat C
03-06-08, 04:41 PM
I'm gonna scrap my Xpower exhausts soon and get some proper ones made up by Powerflow.

rbull51
03-06-08, 05:29 PM
It's not a sticker, it's some kind of etching on it with a finish layered on. A sticker would melt.
I know its not a sticker but i have seen some brake caliper x-power stickers on ebay that says they can stand heat up to so many hundred degrees but the only downside is that the logo is slightly curved.

Mat C
03-06-08, 05:36 PM
Oh right, i see ! :)

markyzs180
03-06-08, 06:01 PM
.... but the only downside is that the logo is slightly curved.

email the seller and ask him if he can do a straight set....

i think standard vinyl would be fine anyway, the polished outer surface doesn't get that hot really...

Maxxed_Ross
07-06-08, 08:36 PM
you would be surprised how warm they get!

I want to do similar is mine are staring to get a bit flakey. The standard text seems to be almost like a water slide transfer. It is very thin and like the water slide ones if you don't varnish or seal them they go brittle and fall off!

I know a guy that does sticker printing and have him on the case for high-temp stuff

I'll stick up a thread when I get some

DeMoNPauL
07-06-08, 09:05 PM
Janspeed seem to be doing a mighty fine job of producing sub standard performance bits at the moment. Dunno why but it's true.......manifolds welded by monkeys.......not very neat welded exhausts........etching that falls off.........plus Piper exhausts are cheaper and a much higher quality.

Jim I went over my mannis and cat with a fine tooth comb when they were delivered and the quality was top notch.

There only around 2-3 people who have received bad quality parts that i know of.

markyzs180
07-06-08, 10:01 PM
The standard text seems to be almost like a water slide transfer.

I know a guy that does sticker printing and have him on the case for high-temp stuff

I'll stick up a thread when I get some

Hmmm...mine is quite thick, I'd say it was high temp vinyl anyway???

If your guy can do them could you get an extra few cut for other members Ross?

Maxxed_Ross
10-06-08, 07:48 AM
sure thing

midcuk
10-06-08, 09:55 AM
Hmmm...mine is quite thick, I'd say it was high temp vinyl anyway???

If your guy can do them could you get an extra few cut for other members Ross?

ill have a couple if you do mate

JIMZS180
10-06-08, 07:05 PM
I need one of these as well, my x-power one has just started to come off!!