PDA

View Full Version : 2004 MG ZS SUPERCHARGED 266bhp. 13.5 at pod

Supercharged_Z
07-06-08, 11:31 AM
Here go's..... Testing the water to Sell the Supercharged ZS... there is so much i can say about this car.

Quick Spec 2004 53 plate Black zs hatch
41000 miles
Supercharger conversion
de-cat
custom stainless backbox
ebc drilled and pimpled disks with yellow stuff pads.
5.1 brake fluid
interior fully striped
MG SV seat custom made for WSR for the ZS LE
4 point harness
Pipercross filter in wing, with samco hoses
Toyo r888's all round on zs straghts
Early door cards with carbon inserts
piggy back ecu controling 7th injector

Right, the Std interior is in the garage, and can be refitted, however im not to sure how well as all the bolts are muddled in a coffee jar, also it would need a headlining as i binned it.

Every issue the supercharger has had has been addressed properly and is running as it should, it has a custom oiler kit keeping the bearings cool and lubed, which is a new addition and makes driving it pain free. it has a completly custom map controling fuel for the 7th injector, there are a few secret things done that i would rather keep quiet about but add to the relibablity of the charger/engine, the charger has been on for around 2 years now, i will say there has been a few issues but everything has been done so that these dont happen anymore.

The charger itself has been on the car for 30 odd k. The supercharger and other mods make 266bhp, it pulls very hard to the redline, and certainly makes the car bloody quick especially with the weight taken from it. Its by far the fastest V6 up santa pod, with a 13.5 recently run, i guess a 13.3 is acheivable on the right day with the right fuel. The car grips the road very well and acceleration really isnt a problem.

The bodywork of the car is ok. however the car was subject to a cat c right off a few years ago, it was repaired, and jigged, the rear quarter is pushed down slightly giving poor gaps on the rear door and boot. This has never bothered me as its always been classed as my toy covering very little miles recently, however i have been quoted around 500-1000 quid to put right. the car does drive straght, and dosnt pull to the left or right. it does need a new front bib spoiler as its cracked I would be a fool to say never ragged or rarely see's the redline, it does.

The engine is spot on, oil is changed every 6 months or 3k miles. the horn has water ingress in it and dosnt sound 100% however it does work, but il chuck in a air horn i never got around to fitting. Also i have 4 spare wheels with this car, zs straghts in black again, with 4 road legal tyres on it (2 are new) The work was obviously carried out by Rovasystemsmotorsport. George is a good friend of mine and he certainly has made this car what it is, if you change the spec of the car it will need a re-map, you would be foolish to take it elsewhere as the ECU is locked. however i dont think the car needs any changes.

the car does 200-250 miles a tank which is the same as many other zs's, but put your foot down and you will find that drops one hell of a lot.

Im not after the earth for it. £3k no offers.

if it dosnt sell i wont be to fussed as it will show i should keep it after all the money i have put into it. so instead il do some more to it. for that reason i dont want to wait around forever so il leave the advert up for 1 week, if no intrest il have it delited.

Cheers Ross http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/rossc0_ti/IMAG0185-1.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/rossc0_ti/charged.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/rossc0_ti/_F4M3867.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/rossc0_ti/_F4M3038.jpg

Boot Hill Bandit
07-06-08, 04:29 PM
yeah ok

Jim

Supercharged_Z
07-07-08, 10:05 PM
BUMPAGE
:bounce:

DeMoNPauL
08-07-08, 02:08 AM
Cant respond on the supercharger thread because it was closed for reasons i dont know of.

It seemed to be a decent debate but whatever.

The car for sale on this thread is a sleeper and a rocket and solid as a rock.

Ok there isnt many of them about, but in my eyes if you jump deep into modding a car you either back off when things get rough or you stay focused and see it through.

Ross and george seem to have done this and i really think you have to take your hat of to them.

If MG Rover had lived on then maybe it would have been alot easier and more supercharged zeds would have been knocking about but who knows?

I must admit at first when i read about the rsm **** i also jumped on the so called bandwagon.

You only know what you read or are told but what i do know is george is very much respected by someone who this site sponsors.

Good luck selling the ZS Ross

If only i had the money but then again if i did i may have bought Daves stripped out monster.

Anyways please dont think i have posted this to antagonise anyone and if you do please keep any replies to PM.

KevG
08-07-08, 08:55 AM
.... but what i do know is George is very much respected by someone who this site sponsors....

theMGZS.co.uk does not sponsor anyone yet!, if your referring to the Dreadnought MGZT520, then it was placed on that car by one of our members for a photo shoot, and Paul Luti said just leave it there, it is purely there for advertisement only.