PDA

View Full Version : VIS indicator kit

XPCobra
07-06-08, 08:34 PM
as in title, not sure if kev has forgot to make up his last kit, although he did mention it wouldnt be made up any time soon

Ta

talkingcars
08-06-08, 10:57 AM
I'll be intersted in one of these if they are available.

KevG
08-06-08, 06:43 PM
Right, as I said to you Andy, you get yours in a few days time.

Mr Talkingcars, I do a special for you, and this will be the very last one!, it wll take a few weeks as I'm very busy at work and at play.

KevG
13-06-08, 12:00 AM
Right, I have had to procure a new style connector as the one I was using is no longer available and is obsolete(typical!).
Once I get the connector I'll give you a shout XPCobra and TalkingCars.

XPCobra
13-06-08, 12:21 AM
some guy kev! appreciated :)

talkingcars
13-06-08, 07:19 AM
Likewise, thanks very much.

James

Z Scotland
13-06-08, 11:07 PM
Hi Kev these kits are great:bow: Mines was telling me there was a problem with the balance motor. So after a bit of investigation i thought stuff it and went and got a new one. And bye god does it make a difference:weirdo:
Cost me £66 for the motor but i did notice an increase in fuel consumption when it was playing up so it was worth getting done. Especially at these fuel prices:no:

bigfella
18-06-08, 09:04 PM
Kev, is there one left for me? I've been asking for ages - I know you said to be patient but I asked several times and you asked me to hang tight.

KevG
20-06-08, 09:00 AM
I'll be getting these kits together over the weekend, and I'll be in a position to sell them, sorry it has been ages for folk wanting one, I have been busy doing other things!

bigfella
20-06-08, 09:28 AM
Cool, please keep one by for me - as soon as you are ready I will send the monies.

ZS
20-06-08, 02:11 PM
Kev, as before I'd still like a kit :)

gaz3871
20-06-08, 03:21 PM
hi kev if any available after everybody else id like one to please.

cheers gaz

Southern Storm
20-06-08, 05:29 PM
Are the instructions around to make these kits? If so I may go into production myself as Kev is rapidly losing more and more of his life to the service of others. Thats if Kev doesn't mind. Sure we can arrange some sort of royalties or something :)

KevG
20-06-08, 06:25 PM
Jay, PM sent to you.

mrt_04
22-06-08, 04:55 PM
Sorry for being late on the scene guys, but would like to order one too.
I have spare VIS at the moment that I am testing at work for ohms & voltage drops etc. The balance VIS was full of oil, the power VIS not so bad.
Plenum chamber upside down being drained of any oil residue.........quite a lot of it as well
Will post some pics very soon. :yes:

Southern Storm
01-07-08, 11:59 PM
Quick update on this. Thanks to kev who has helped me out a bit and the fact I have taken my car off the road for a couple of months means I can get mine fitted and perfected then start producing them. Now have a supply of brand new dashblanks. Will knock some instructions together and start a new thread once i have 5 built first 5 with the wonga each wins a VIS kit, then when I have the next 5 names i will knock out the next 5 kits.
If uptake is good on these then I feel it only fair to push a percentage back into the forum.

XPCobra
02-07-08, 01:06 AM
Quick update on this. Thanks to kev who has helped me out a bit and the fact I have taken my car off the road for a couple of months means I can get mine fitted and perfected then start producing them. Now have a supply of brand new dashblanks. Will knock some instructions together and start a new thread once i have 5 built first 5 with the wonga each wins a VIS kit, then when I have the next 5 names i will knock out the next 5 kits.
If uptake is good on these then I feel it only fair to push a percentage back into the forum.

so its u making the kits now rather than kev?

and i know money talks but please reserve a kit for me, i can even pay in advance

Southern Storm
02-07-08, 01:19 AM
Hold your horses there son. Let me ket the circuit perfected and built to a proper high standard like Kev did first then start throwing your money at me. Won't be asking for cash until I am ready to dispatch.
Keep an eye out for the new thread coming soon.

bigfella
02-07-08, 08:42 AM
Same with me mate, wonga is waiting for something decent!

XPCobra
02-07-08, 07:23 PM
Hold your horses there son. Let me ket the circuit perfected and built to a proper high standard like Kev did first then start throwing your money at me. Won't be asking for cash until I am ready to dispatch.
Keep an eye out for the new thread coming soon.

just making sure i don't miss out on this batch aswell :)

KevG
02-07-08, 07:34 PM
I was keeping quite on this since I was in discussion with Jay on this, I have made some money, but not alotas the bits can be expensive and if Jay can been bothered to make these since they take about 3 hours to make each (if your doing a professional job of it) then best of luck to him, I will still make them but don't hold your breath, as I have a very busy family life and a very busy work life where I work with electronics on a daily basis, so, doing them in my spare time can get really very boring, and tedious!

Jay, if you want part numbers for bits etc then PM me.

midcuk
03-07-08, 01:15 PM
I was keeping quite on this since I was in discussion with Jay on this, I have made some money, but not alotas the bits can be expensive and if Jay can been bothered to make these since they take about 3 hours to make each (if your doing a professional job of it) then best of luck to him, I will still make them but don't hold your breath, as I have a very busy family life and a very busy work life where I work with electronics on a daily basis, so, doing them in my spare time can get really very boring, and tedious!

its ok kev im patient :)

XPCobra
13-09-08, 06:48 PM
its ok kev im patient :)

Well im not :p

any news on any progress at all?

bigfella
13-09-08, 07:26 PM
Fair enough Kev, let me know when you have mind ready ta!

KevG
13-09-08, 10:01 PM
....I will still make them but don't hold your breath....

Well im not :p

any news on any progress at all?

That'll be a NO, you cheeky begger:excl:

Fair enough Kev, let me know when you have mind ready ta!

I wish I could help folk out, but I'm really busy, so it maybe a while.....

Maxfly
15-09-08, 04:40 PM

you wanting my old dash blank fella, it is unmarked and in great nick. nae wonga jst gimme your address to post to:)