PDA

View Full Version : Back to the garage

Craig
11-06-08, 08:31 AM
Just dropped my car off at the garage again. It was in last week getting the drive belts done. It also needed a rubber mount which they couldnt get delivered in time. So Its getting fitted today. I can notice a difference since the belts were done. The guy at the garage told me today that one was out by 1 tooth and another by 2. I have hardly driven it since I got it back due to the mount needding replaced. So looking forward to getting it back today \nd going for a nice drive :)

stamford
11-06-08, 01:17 PM
I find that hard to believe, 1 tooth and 2 teeth out, so it's been like that since new? :hmmm: Surely it wouldn't run too well no matter how much the ecu adapted itself....................site experts please chip in! ;)

I bet you can't wait to have a play :D

Craig
11-06-08, 01:32 PM
Just back with it :) Its running a lot smoother. I did have a slightly lumpy idle before. Which I did think was strange for a V6. Seems like a bit more poke too :) Need to fit new caf to really see how it is. I removed the old one that went to the n/s spotlight hole. So atm the filters at the end of the TB drawing in lots of hotair.

The guy was very helpful, had a good natter about MGR. I will def take my car back to them, I feel happier knowing they were MGR dealers for many years

dave87
11-06-08, 02:28 PM
which garage was it that you got the car worked on

Craig
11-06-08, 02:37 PM
David Bryson in Prestwick

dave87
11-06-08, 03:47 PM
thats where i bought mine. Personally i am not sure about them. The guy i always took my car to who is a family friend found loose joints and a leaky sump. Brysons tells me nothing is wrong. hmm.

Craig
11-06-08, 05:56 PM
funny you should mention that. Just spent an hour in the garage again. Took my little girl out for a while and after about a mile I was getting bad vibrations whenever I went round a left handed corner.They have now fixed it but I am not too happy considering it was taken for a test drive before I got it back.

XPCobra
11-06-08, 07:15 PM
just another reason why i'll be doing my belts myself

RalphG
11-06-08, 07:27 PM
I assume that this is the second cam belt change that has been done on the car. Having recently watched one of our engineers doing a belt change on the KV6 I can see why your engine was probably mis-timed on the rear belts. It is very easy to do if you don't know what you're doing!

XPCobra
11-06-08, 07:52 PM
I assume that this is the second cam belt change that has been done on the car. Having recently watched one of our engineers doing a belt change on the KV6 I can see why your engine was probably mis-timed on the rear belts. It is very easy to do if you don't know what you're doing!

so don't take your car to EMS :p

only kidding

stamford
11-06-08, 08:06 PM
so don't take your car to EMS :p

only kidding

:laugh: sorry! but that was funny!

Boot Hill Bandit
11-06-08, 08:20 PM
:rofl:

my car is proof that they do a good job.......oh damn......its fallen apart again :laugh:

Jim

arwilson80
12-06-08, 09:51 AM
Mine is going to get looked at on Tues night. 'Fingers crossed' all is OK.

dave87
12-06-08, 02:24 PM
another bad sign about brysons was the last time i was in they had a 75 with a kv6 on the ramp working on it while the owner was in reception begging local garages for tools to work on it! Was the only car in at the time so its not like they were busy or anything

Craig
16-06-08, 05:31 PM
On the whole, I am pleased with the service I got from Brysons. The car feels so much better now. Had a decent long run to Gemmas and back at the weekend and it feels fantastic. Apart from having to return to get the vibration fixed, overall their service was great. Their customer service is much better than the garage I usually use, I was always kept informed. I will use them again.