PDA

View Full Version : Induction kit and Sparco horn fitted

Maxxed_Ross
11-06-08, 10:52 AM
I finally got round to fitting the induction kit to the ZS. I was going to fit a filter in the wing set up but after twisting some arms I managed to get hold of Andrew Morrisons old race filter from the KV6 ZR. It sounds very very nice indeed!

I also fitted the Sparco motor sports horn that I've had lying around for ages. Good grief it's loud!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/maxxed_ross/ZS/DSC00412.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/maxxed_ross/ZS/DSC00413.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/maxxed_ross/ZS/DSC00414.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/maxxed_ross/ZS/DSC00416.jpg

Boot Hill Bandit
11-06-08, 10:57 AM
Wow!!!! you have been busy bud! :clap:

Jim

Maxxed_Ross
11-06-08, 11:05 AM
indeed I have. I'm not going to have much time off this summer, if any, so I'm making the most of it!

stamford
11-06-08, 01:10 PM
and the smiling starts again :D

JIMZS180
11-06-08, 06:39 PM
how did you fix the CAF to sit behind the gap created by removing the dummy intake? I have a new CAF and have been meaning to do this for ages,can get it down to there but not sure how to ensure that it stays??

XPCobra
11-06-08, 07:17 PM
looks like a halfords airfilter?

and how come u changed the horn? ( not slating, just asking why)

Maxxed_Ross
11-06-08, 07:43 PM
looks like a halfords airfilter?

...after twisting some arms I managed to get hold of Andrew Morrisons old race filter from the KV6 ZR.

As I said it's Andy Morrison's old filter, made by Motobuild I think

and how come u changed the horn? ( not slating, just asking why)

The standard one was crap to be honest, a beefy car deserves a beefy horn :punk:

how did you fix the CAF to sit behind the gap created by removing the dummy intake? I have a new CAF and have been meaning to do this for ages,can get it down to there but not sure how to ensure that it stays??

I cut off the intake cover close to the hole and drilled 3 holes in it right at the edge, I used these holes to cable tie the cold air feed to the fog light plate

XPCobra
11-06-08, 07:48 PM
couldn't give a monkeys what car it came off :p still looks identical to a halfords airfilter

Maxxed_Ross
11-06-08, 07:51 PM
it's a round carbon fibre can, difference this stuff is real carbon fibre lol

the internals are what matter most, high flow to cope with the big engine... that's where almost all the bolt on filters out there fall down

G man
11-06-08, 08:29 PM
Looking good fella :super:

KevG
11-06-08, 09:45 PM
couldn't give a monkeys what car it came off :p still looks identical to a halfords airfilter

Very cheeky!

mines is a BMC and it looks the same as it, and mines made of Carbon fibre

arwilson80
12-06-08, 09:55 AM
How'd you describe the horn... other than beefy? :)

I'm scared to put a CAF into mine and route it from there as i'm sure to pick up a pipeful of water (knowing my luck). :(

Looks good.

Maxxed_Ross
12-06-08, 10:32 AM
it's a twin tone air horn, a long tube and a short tube to give one sound. I'm not sure how to describe the noise it makes

Boot Hill Bandit
12-06-08, 10:41 AM
it's a twin tone air horn, a long tube and a short tube to give one sound. I'm not sure how to describe the noise it makes

like a lorry??

Jim

arwilson80
12-06-08, 11:12 AM
like a lorry??

Jim

That's what i was wondering... Make folks jump when they are being stupid and you 'stand on it'.:evil:

Maxxed_Ross
12-06-08, 01:14 PM
that's the whole point in having it, it scares the c*** out of anyone who decides to cut you up lol

Boot Hill Bandit
12-06-08, 01:20 PM
that's the whole point in having it, it scares the c*** out of anyone who decides to cut you up lol

I could do with one of those :devil: sounds like fun!

Jim

Maxxed_Ross
12-06-08, 02:47 PM
I'm tempted to get another one lol

gaz3871
14-06-08, 04:08 PM
does the horn fit in the same place as the original one because mine has just stopped working and i was thinking of getting one of the sparco air horn also is it easy to fit and how hard is it to get front bumper off.

cheers gaz

weagie
14-06-08, 08:55 PM
I've just had to buy my third horn as they keep packing in. I'm guessing its because of the position so i'll need to try somewhere else.

Fudgepacker
14-06-08, 09:12 PM
what is a good induction kit for the MG ZS 1.8

weagie
14-06-08, 09:22 PM
i'm using KN 57i kit at the mo and it is good. Sounds great too, or did but i cant hear it now due to my exhaust. I've been told about heat soak with open filters but i cant say i've noticed it but i'm planning to shift the filter nearer the front once i work out how to remove the bumper.

arwilson80
14-06-08, 09:47 PM
Fudge - There's the ITG, BMC or K&N.... etc (in order of cost high - low)

weagie - bumper is easy to remove...

2 screws near each headlight, 4/5 across the bottom and 1 hidden behind the arch liner on each side.