PDA

View Full Version : Extreme sale

Dave ZS-X
20-06-08, 02:23 PM
Due to maybe taking another direction in my life ,my chersihed ZS could possibly come up for sale sometime soon.

Without doubt its the most dynamically modified road going ZS 180 in the country and around a race track its also comfortably the quickest, as such this presents a unique opportunity to purchase something far from the norm .If MG had ever built a ZS-X it still wouldnt come close to this.

Its a track car now ,i suppose it could just about be re built to be a daily driver again but it would take dedication and would be a shame imo.
Its some 12 seconds faster per 2 mile lap of a race circuit than a standard zs 180 putting it firmly in a league most dont even believe until they actually witness it first hand.
In order to actually race competitively it would cost very little to prepare ,a roll cage ,fire extinguisher ,couple of other bits and it will be ready to go.
In a straight line its a match for an evo fq 300 which is impressive in itself for a ZS 180 ,but this cars party piece is corners ,theres currently no road going ZS i am aware of that comes close ,its just an incredible step forward from a standard car.With its very light kerb weight , sticky tyres and Big brakes it also stops incredibly,infact every area of this car ,from a performance view is just miles ahead.
I have modified each area of the car to produce a very well balanced and all round great performing car that has no weak points that have gone unatended.
Theres a vid on youtube of 5th gear testing the new jdm FD2 Civic type R at Combe and the car maxes out at a 1.24.5 lap and pulling 105 mph down into tower corner ,last time out i pulled a best of 1.19.3 lap and i was nigh on redlining 4th gear down into tower at 112 -114 mph later on in the day.
I guess the best comparison would be the Lunar racing ZS's,the quickest Lunar car at Donington this year did 1.30 lap ,Just a month or 2 back at Donington i lapped consistently ,well into the 1.25's with even high 1.24's being possible with a perfect lap.
I have videos to prove all my claims and im not in the habit of making up numbers to impress.i know people have doubted and even voiced their doubts but video doesnt lie and niether do i.
To witness ZSeXtreme in action search for the same name on youtube and see some of my track videos.

Car has Big Spec and cost many thousands to build .
some specification,

33k on the clock and never wanted for anything ,serviced every 6 months at least, by myself.All bodywork in vgc ,although fronts a little peppered with chips its not anything like as bad as you would think considering the fun ive had in it.Small rear end accident couple of years ago repaired to very high standards.
Still road legal and has loads of tax and mot done in April.

Quaife Automatic torque biasing, Limited slip differential.

Wilwood 310 mm 2 piece discs with alloy bells and 4 pot alloy callipers with ferodo DS 3000 pads and braided hoses .Rear brakes as o.e apart from galfer 1144 pads.

Avo " Evo " fully adjustable for height and damping coilover suspension.

Eibach alloy top suspension arms ,adjustable for camber and caster.

Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 lightweight Motorsport alloy wheels with good Toyo R 888's all round and a spare set of standard straights also with Toyo R 888's.

Sheddists uprated clutch hydraulics kit.

Stainless steel exhaust from engine back ,comprising of Hayward and Scott Manifolds and 100 cell Sport Cat mated to a Scorpion cat back system.

Bmc Cda induction with Itg throttle body to filter pipe ,piped to inner wing.

Piper 270 spec fast road cams and custom superchips re map making approx 210 bhp.

Various weight saving mods including,Very lightweight Carbon Fibre racing bucket seat with 3 point harness.Poly side windows with drivers side opener.
Red top lightweight racing battery etc etc.

Car is massively stripped ,no air con etc ,Actual kerb weight of 980 kilos proven on a weighbridge.Making a power to weight ratio of 218 bhp/ton compared to 144 bhp/ton standard.

Theres more and no doubt stuff ive forgot ,i will talk details via p.m with anyone who is SERIOUSLY interested.

I realise there wont be high numbers of people looking to buy such an uncompromising car but i wont be parting with it for peanuts so please if you make me an offer keep it sensible.
Failing a sale it will just reside in my garage for the forseeable future,i do have a trackday that was booked a few weeks ago ,if car sells ill throw that in too.Otherwise i will enjoy it when it comes around,lol.
Car is now lower than the pictures show and geometry has been set up to suit its height and my requirements.

please keep thread clear of speculative posts etc,if you have something nice to say fair enough ,otherwise please p.m me any views or i will request irrelevant/negative posts removed.

Dave

alba15031
22-06-08, 08:22 PM
Dave you have a PM on Xpowerforum

Cheers Aaron :smart: