PDA

View Full Version : Worth As Is??

mgzshuw
21-06-08, 11:15 AM
Hi,
Quite sadly the same day i sold my 2005 MG ZS 1.6 - an unisured driver did a hit and run on my zs :(
i phoned the guy who bought it not to bother to turn up to collect it as it was a write-off :(
Anyway. im hoping to get it back off the insurers to sell it in bits or as is.

(SOME ONE HAS ALREADY HAD 1ST DIBS ON SEATS SORRY)

I was just wondering how much would this go for 'as is' on ebay or on here?
Problems i know of at the mo are:-
2x Rear alloys, Driver and rear door, back panel, rear axle, all rear suspension parts, and the mountings for the rear axle are snapped where the axle goes.

Any advice would be great.
Thanks

SimonMGZS
21-06-08, 11:41 AM
what a f******g w****r

not sure how that would be worth but looking at one of the pics that you have taken is that the other person front bumper with the number plate on

if so did you notify the police?

because that person is in so much trouble.

hope he gets the book thrown at him

stamford
21-06-08, 12:07 PM
That's really bad news mate, sorry for you.

Seeing that it is a write off, are you able to buy it back and break it? As that looks like a cat B or borderline cat C to me.

As for price, hard one to say as the shell has probably taken a beating.

KevG
21-06-08, 12:41 PM
Thats a Cat D defo, it is repairable.

As for the person hitting you, he wont anything just a slap on the wrist, it happened to me the guy got fine and told dont do it again.

Southside_ZS
21-06-08, 05:55 PM
Watch this one. may give you a rough estimate...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2005-MG-ZS-120-5DR-HATCHBACK-ACCIDENT-DAMAGED-CAR_W0QQitemZ360062636923QQihZ023QQcategoryZ18262Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

arwilson80
21-06-08, 09:36 PM
not sure how that would be worth but looking at one of the pics that you have taken is that the other person front bumper with the number plate on

if so did you notify the police?

I'd imagine the police were involved as it was on a public road... The position in which it is sitting gives the impression that it was parked (if it wasn't being driven, then he was parked on 'double yellow' lines)... and they also know that the driver was uninsured 9which i can't imagine 'joe public' having access to.

Honestly... i would have no idea what it'd be worth now. But personally if you are going to buy it back and sell it on then i think you'd probably make more breaking it (but that depends on what they are looking from you to buy it back).

dvid
21-06-08, 09:57 PM
Had this happen to me, I got my money from teh MIB (Motor insurers bereau not the Men in Black) and broke the car for spares, did alright out of it in the end!

Southside_ZS
21-06-08, 09:59 PM
To be honest i reckon you'd see £1500 as it is to sell on. It may look bad but to a trained bodywork technician thats only a few hours work then its worth a fair whack more when done.

Southern Storm
21-06-08, 10:41 PM
What a *******, been in a similar situation and everyone is right, slapped wrist, points put on a probable non existant license and a story for him to tell his chavvy mates down the park. First dibs on the guys nuts with a golf club.
Hope you can sort something mate.

Andyf
22-06-08, 08:03 AM
Uninsured drivers are scum. I love the feeling when I seize their cars, take their keys and then watch them walk off in to the distance wondering how they are going to get home and how they are going to pay for the £105 (+ £12 a day storage) recovery costs. And if they have a licence they get 6 points and a further £200 if not or if they have 6 points already they are off to court.

carl-mgzs
22-06-08, 11:12 AM
i know just how you feel as my zs was hit and run back in march... luckily it got repaired (but only just) too many hit and runs happening!

mgzshuw
02-07-08, 08:19 PM
yeah it was his bumper and reg plate! lucky enough i know him from years back so i recongnized him sraight away.
police are dealing with him but it'll take months before court most prob.
he hit my 15month old daughter in the back seat (yes she was in a car seat). shes fine tho. but you'd stop if you hit a dog you know what i mean.
i wasnt parked, i was travelling at about 15mph coming towards a junction.

the garage who assesed it said its about £3500-£4500 damage.
Both rear alloys gone, back panel, back axle, axle mountings gone, rear suspension all messed up/snapped.

insurance offered me £3396 cheque today. i said not acceptable. its worth more than that i know.