PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

Glen290
26-06-08, 09:56 AM
Just got my insurance renewal from Adrian Flux and its gone up by over £250 :thumbsdown:

Why the hell has it gone up so much, not had any claims, got a quote off direct line and its even cheaper than last years premium..

What a rip off..

stamford
26-06-08, 10:28 AM
Never found them to be any better in all my years of driving, works for some I suppose. But the cars I have owned and modified have been better insured through the high street chains.

Maxxed_Ross
26-06-08, 10:30 AM
I'm the same, Flux have always been way over the average quote for me too

Elephant have always been the cheapest for me

peterzs
26-06-08, 01:15 PM
What is a modified ZS? I say my one is unmodified as i assume it came with all the body work kit when it left the factory!! or not?? I take it that modified relates to upgrades to engines, brakes etc. but the Insurance Companies seem to use any excuse not to pay out now a-days. Are the 17" wheels a standard fitting??:unsure::unsure:

arwilson80
26-06-08, 01:33 PM
Insurance is always 'hit & miss'... I've noticed there have been a lot of complaints about Adrian Flux lately.

Maxxed_Ross
26-06-08, 04:59 PM
the 180 came stsndard with the body kit and 17" wheels, so I wouldn't call them mods.

I had to tell the insurance about the 17" wheels and Rallye II body kit on my old ZR as they were "optional extras" but were factory fitted. They didn't make any difference to the premium but would have void it is I hadn't told them. Same goes with things like the optional CD changer ect.

stamford
26-06-08, 06:29 PM
Usual mods to declare would be a long list, but here's a few:

induction
exhaust
exhaust manifold
cams
chipped
reworked heads
rebored engine beyond machining tolerances, over +0.060"
injection/inlet upgrades
big brakes
sports suspension
bodykits
wheels/tyres non standard
spoilers
ICE upgrades

peterzs
27-06-08, 12:01 PM
Thanks for info.:clap:

Phate
27-06-08, 02:32 PM
That's odd...Adrian Flux were the cheapest for me by a grand.

Kinda helps if you know someone who works there though :D