PDA

View Full Version : what have they done?????????

john180
30-06-08, 08:10 AM
check this guys....

http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=29658

:thumbsdown:

Andyf
30-06-08, 09:30 AM
I saw that yesterday, it is hidious

peterzs
30-06-08, 11:14 AM
Looks like Scrapheap Challenge - make a car.

stamford
30-06-08, 12:18 PM
Whoever did that needs to be publically flogged! :sick:

The rest of the thread is quite amusing, all the infighting! :laugh:

talkingcars
30-06-08, 12:36 PM
What I love about barrysboys is the assumption that every modified car they feature is finished, I'm sure the ZS isn't and doesn't the ZR look interesting.

As for the Astra, it looks like a new scooby!

rbull51
30-06-08, 02:23 PM
how dare they DESTROY a ZS like that..!!!! they should be shot.

Andyf
30-06-08, 05:33 PM
What I love about barrysboys is the assumption that every modified car they feature is finished, I'm sure the ZS isn't and doesn't the ZR look interesting.

To be fair to them they usually label the thread as WIP (work in progress) if it is half finished

Shafz
30-06-08, 05:41 PM

the blue ZR is a 2l turbo and has a big intercooler hidden behind that grill

talkingcars
30-06-08, 08:28 PM
and what will be behind the grill on the ZS?

Is it getting a T16 tubby & intercooler?

stamford
30-06-08, 09:20 PM
the blue ZR is a 2l turbo and has a big intercooler hidden behind that grill

I reckoned that being more than just for looks, very Audi looking.......................or is that more like '****' looking? :laugh:

(according to Clarkson and 'hedgehog man' ;))

dave87
30-06-08, 09:42 PM
and here is the most offensive comment in the whole thread

" Barried-from-the-factory rOver"

I dare that man to drive a rover 45 and a ZS and tell me they drive identical

XPCobra
30-06-08, 09:53 PM
but they are near identical cars, no huge difference from them mechanically.

If there was no rover 45 there would be no ZS

dave87
30-06-08, 09:59 PM
yeh its the same car but coming from a different perspective and that is very important. It just feels different. Have have driven a mk2 45 and own a mk2 zs perhaps its just in my head but its just not the same

XPCobra
30-06-08, 10:02 PM
well yea theres the stiffer suspension etc (well only different shocks and springs, tracking angles, and dif wheels and tyres, possibly a diff steerign rack and the odd bush)

TjP
30-06-08, 10:21 PM
I dont see why a subtle yet sporty looking bodykit on the ZS makes it a "barried" Rover. A lot of the time those guys just use the term barried as an insult to any car they have something against - its an easy solution when they have little real reason or knowledge dont you think?

I'd agree with a lot of what they post under the term "barried," as a lot of the cars look terrible, but calling a ZS, or ZR or ZT barried is just ignorant and cheap. The ZS is a version of the "comfortable" 45 aimed at the other end of the market; those who want a sporty feeling car with a sporty look, and the ZS delivers... whats wrong with that? The badge snobbery really gets on my nerves, especially when it comes from ignorant folk who are just adopting the opinion from other badge snobs, kowing nothing about the cars at all.

The ZS is not a barried Rover. It looks brilliant, both mk1 and mk2.

stamford
01-07-08, 07:14 AM
It just underlines those that highlight such cars no very little about cars in general, a sad bunch of people with nothing better to do.

midcuk
01-07-08, 07:41 AM
barryboys are just a bunch of narrowminded **** some deserve to be in there but some dont.
to be honest the rear bumper aint that bad, especially as origionals are so hard to find.

peterzs
01-07-08, 09:02 AM
I was at Company Car in Action the other day where you can drive differant makes around Millbrook Test Track, round the ring and the hill start section. Took out Fords Honda, Pugs BMW, Lexus all top of the range, ie quick cars. Still thought the ZS was a match for them. Z4 went all right but i would'nt want to drive it down to Cornwall like we did the ZS. I took out the Ford Mondao Diesel to compare with the ZS, wouldn't look at a Ford now.Pug 308 surprised me the most went very well, we used to have 405 TD estates and they were the only cars I've driven and felt car sick, the kids could'nt travel in them. 10 years ago and I've been off Pugs ever since, changed my mind a bit now,still the ZS allways puts a smile on my face, apart from the idiots who see the spoiler and want to get into the boot to get a better look.The way I see it we have a fantastic car up to BMW standards for half the cost of the BMW. Where can you buy a car, 54 plate thats less then say 2 years depreciation on a BMW :clap::clap::clap:

Andyf
01-07-08, 10:18 AM
I dont see why a subtle yet sporty looking bodykit on the ZS makes it a "barried" Rover. A lot of the time those guys just use the term barried as an insult to any car they have something against - its an easy solution when they have little real reason or knowledge dont you think?

I'd agree with a lot of what they post under the term "barried," as a lot of the cars look terrible, but calling a ZS, or ZR or ZT barried is just ignorant and cheap. The ZS is a version of the "comfortable" 45 aimed at the other end of the market; those who want a sporty feeling car with a sporty look, and the ZS delivers... whats wrong with that? The badge snobbery really gets on my nerves, especially when it comes from ignorant folk who are just adopting the opinion from other badge snobs, kowing nothing about the cars at all.

The ZS is not a barried Rover. It looks brilliant, both mk1 and mk2.

I agree, that is like saying the Evo is a barried Lancer

Southern Storm
01-07-08, 10:25 PM
The guy that did that to the ZS hasn't really got a clue to be honest. Better get used to it though guys, MK1 prices where they are we are gonna see lots more of this.
Interesting that a bunch of monkeys on a website know more about styling a car than the guy that gave us the Maclaren F1