PDA

View Full Version : Paint Chip Repair

SecretSquig
01-07-08, 12:32 PM
Its long long long overdue, but I've finally decided to sort out the dozens upon dozens of paint chips on the front of my car. Its a 2005 ZS and I think the colour is 'Black Pearl', or its a Black Metallic anyway. After rumaging through the paints in Halfords, I can't find a black metallic for Rovers.

Any help where I can get a kit from, other better still, a matching colour paint chip kit ?

afcbadam
01-07-08, 03:50 PM
i had the same problem with my green zs and blue zt. they are not listed in halfords paint chart. not even under rover. i would go to your local dealer. they should have it. if not they will get the correct one ordered. theres nouthing worse than making a really good job of touching up chips only to find its the wrong colour

DeMoNPauL
01-07-08, 03:56 PM
Try here- http://www.mgr-service.com/new_page_6.htm

Details can be found in the contact section.

RalphG
01-07-08, 05:14 PM
Yes, we sell paint touch up pencils and aerosols. These are genuine MG Rover ones, so should match very well, provided your paint has not faded (more of a problem for Solar Red). According to our stock system, we currently have one paint pencil in stock in Pearl Black @ £6.94 plus VAT and delivery. Prices via our eBay shop are higher to cover their charges ;)

arwilson80
01-07-08, 08:58 PM
The colours aren't listed under MG or Rover.... They are under British Leyland (isn't that the right name - Rlaph?). Not sure if Halfrauds staff would've looked there. I doubt it TBH.

Southern Storm
01-07-08, 09:52 PM
My local helfrauds did find the right colour uder BL when I did my engine cover. Problem if you get a numpty on the parts counter.