PDA

View Full Version : The ZS is off the road :-(

carmadbaker
06-07-08, 03:16 PM
well boys and girls, the ZS is off the road :-( bought myself a vectra diesel (YUCK!!) for the mean time until november (insurance purposes.) its a sad sad moment for me :( and im actaully really starting to miss it lol especially now the poxy vectra is messing me about! GGRRR!!
all pay your respect!
mite be the last time i drive her too....been tempted by a VX220 turbo in november....can someone talk me out of it?

Phate
06-07-08, 03:19 PM
You need the extra doors and space to carry stuff around so the VX220 won't do.

Plus it's RWD so you will die :p

carmadbaker
06-07-08, 03:21 PM
lol! i just want something so i can wave bye bye to scooby's and evo's!! they drive me insane lol but i really love the sound of my engine :(

deano ZS180
06-07-08, 03:24 PM
you know that mg's are alive where the subaru's and evo's are poor jap cars with speed if it was badged nissan you wouldn't buy one i'm sure, stick with the lovely sound of the kv6 you know it makes sense!!!!

arwilson80
06-07-08, 03:25 PM
VX220... VXR8 sounds much better. 6.2L V8 :smile:

Phate
06-07-08, 03:26 PM
Keep it then!

Why is yours off the road dude?

afcbadam
06-07-08, 03:33 PM
do it.

SharronB
06-07-08, 04:01 PM
well boys and girls, the ZS is off the road :-( bought myself a vectra diesel (YUCK!!) for the mean time until november (insurance purposes.) its a sad sad moment for me :( and im actaully really starting to miss it lol especially now the poxy vectra is messing me about! GGRRR!!
all pay your respect!
mite be the last time i drive her too....been tempted by a VX220 turbo in november....can someone talk me out of it?

well keep it then! you know you want to, or you wouldnt want us to to talk you out of it!................you will probably regret it if you did it! ;)

carl-mgzs
06-07-08, 04:17 PM
i've been looking at lotus elise s1 and s2's and a few vx220's the last few weeks but i dont think i could get rid off my zs! plus i like my clean licence

Mat C
06-07-08, 05:11 PM
Keep the ZS mate ! Then we can do another convoy through France next June ! :D

stamford
06-07-08, 05:20 PM
:hmmm: VX220 Turbo, what a cracking car! If I was able to buy one I would, but I would keep my ZS as well ;)

The 220 is real track car and not one to knock. Even Clarkson rated it above the Lotus.

TjP
06-07-08, 05:36 PM
VX220, very good car - though not entirely handsome IMO. Much prefer the look of a lotus, but of course its not all about looks!

As for talking you out of it... well... for me a sports car like the VX is a second car affair. Theyre too impractical to have as your only runabout. Suppose it depends on your own situation, but things can change and you may well need a big boot later on even if you dont now! So keep the ZS :p She's sporty, fun and practical all in one package!

Plus, with the speed you would have to do to outrun a Scooby on b roads, you may well get yourself killed! :shoot: <--- Similar to this, but err... different ;)

sarah
06-07-08, 05:36 PM
awww Dan, why is it off road?

id say keep it hun, the zs's are very stunning motors especially your's, its a lovely car and you know if you sold it you would regret it..:)

Southern Storm
06-07-08, 08:14 PM
Looked at selling mine, tried loads of different stuff and nothing made me smile like the Z. See why you like the VX but so impracticle. A vectra then a VX? Defecting to vauxhall are we? Only regret it sunshine.

carmadbaker
06-07-08, 10:07 PM
its off the road because of insurance, it runs out soon and renewing it straight away will cost me £1900 even with an extra years no claims! but if i wait until im 20 and have 2 years drivin experience i can get it for £700!!! so it makes sense :) and i want to have all 4 wheels refurbished, re-spray, damaged filler repair and spat fitment!! so it all makes sense :) missin it loads though :( i want my ZS back :(

col180
07-07-08, 07:53 PM
glad im not the only 1 paying silly money for insurance! £1000 this year:sad: and thats with 3 years no claims!

carmadbaker
07-07-08, 08:04 PM
jesus christ dude! get onto elephant :) they were stupid enough to ensure a 18 year old boy with one years NC and one years drivin experience for £1900!! bloody bargain if u ask me lol

Blinky
07-07-08, 09:20 PM
yeah you gotta keep it dude, i thought about selling mine and my tax ran out last month so wasnt using it, but that only lastwed a week and i taxed it....and if your really bothered by the scoobies...they can drive properly hence why they need something to launch them from the lights...but none of them have got the bottle to keep it planted in the corners...my bro rolled his scooby and it set on fire and it died....

carmadbaker
08-07-08, 10:52 AM
I've given in boys and girls.....the car is being taxed this afternoon :) ganna take the afternoon off and go and tax her (sorry mr bank manager man!) the power of the zed is to much to resist.....i knew i shouldn't have started the engien up last nite :( knew i'd get tempted!! anyway....lets do this thing:P

col180
08-07-08, 11:55 AM
nice 1 the z is worth it!:) id get a quote from elephant in october when ive got 2 renew it had my old car (218 coupe) covered with adrain flux for £700 but when i swapped 2 the zs they wanted more money!lol ive also got a crappy postcode which doesnt help:(

sarah
08-07-08, 11:57 AM
good choice Dan, i knew you would come round to it :)