PDA

View Full Version : how to do a conversion

wilky2008
06-07-08, 07:22 PM
hi all,

i want to do a conversion but im wondering how hard it really is to carry out??

is it something you could do yourself?

how long does it take to do?

basicaly, i want to fit the 180 v6 to my zr, it is more or less "plug and play", most things fit directly?

thanks
guys:yes:

coopsman1
06-07-08, 07:39 PM
Have you ever done anything like this before?

It will take a tremendous amount of time and patience as well as skill, the engine will be an extremely tight fit.

Also in your previous threads you seem to go on a bout supercharging a 180 an now you want to put a v6 in your zr?? have you actually decided what you what to do?

This is what you will gain with a v6 in a zr:
Model 0-60 30-50 50-70 0-100 Qtr Mile Top Speed
MG ZR190 (V6 Std Tune) 5.95 4.60 4.50 16.69 14.69 (@ 94.67) 132

wilky2008
06-07-08, 07:59 PM
i havent done anything like this before no, i dont really know much about the skill of effort needed to do something like this, im just checking my options.

if its as hard as you say, whats the best way of doing it? will a garage take something like this on? i dont think wether ive decided or if ive made my mind up actualy matters, that wasnt the question.

thanks

coopsman1
06-07-08, 08:01 PM
i havent done anything like this before no, i dont really know much about the skill of effort needed to do something like this, im just checking my options.

if its as hard as you say, whats the best way of doing it? will a garage take something like this on? i dont think wether ive decided or if ive made my mind up actualy matters, that wasnt the question.

thanks
reason i ask is because if you dont actually know what you want to do, then you cant go very far. If you have no experience in this matter and you want a garage to do it, i hope you have deep pockets and always have that little extra because things can spring up on you.

Steves Cleenz
06-07-08, 08:11 PM
its a lot of haslle from what i have read as you have to make you own engine mounts and the engine has to sit at an agle so it fits in the engine bay, i think it was RSM that have done this conversion before

Edit: Rsm did the converstion

RSM - BANNED USER
06-07-08, 08:24 PM
That car was done by me.

There were 2 kv6 rover 200`s done.

one was done by me which is pictured above the other was done by morrisons garage .

Its not easy.

George

Steves Cleenz
06-07-08, 08:31 PM
Sorry George :( editited now :)

Craig
06-07-08, 08:35 PM
Is Steve B's v6 r200 still running? IIRC he sold it on, didnt he?

RSM - BANNED USER
06-07-08, 08:39 PM
I believe Drew bought it and broke it up for spares.

Shame really.

George

stamford
07-07-08, 07:33 AM
Anythings possible, I shoe-horned a Rover V8 into my Chevette, but that was a track car and was made to fit differently. Just remember it will require an engineers report and the insurance will be bumped up.

A good conversion, plenty do the same with the V6 Vauxhall engine and putting them into Corsas.